Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just completed my FSD trial, liked it, but want to wait until the next couple of updates are widely distributed.
Is there any way to know before I pay a monthly sub , exactly what "version" of FSD will be available for the money I spend?

I understand that sites like TeslaFi track updates, but on my question is specific to my 2022 M3.

Thank you in advance for educating me on this issue.

Seems like there's a few posts in other threads of s and x vehicles having a conflict between auto park and auto shift. Those that don't have one or the other, there's a weird issue when autopark and the auto shift menu appear on the binnacle display the scroll wheels don't work to pick the space. They are all asking the same question I have, why on earth is it not on the center display to touch a space.
I keep pushing the right wheel when selecting a parking space instead of left, which turns FSD on and I end up driving off!

Sorry, you’re wrong. 😉

Thankfully we have AI Overview now and cannot have any argument about this anymore.

View attachment 1055581

Sorry to argue with the AI, while June, July, August might = Meteorological summer it's know as "blueberry picking season" to those in my house.

Seems like there's a few posts in other threads of s and x vehicles having a conflict between auto park and auto shift. Those that don't have one or the other, there's a weird issue when autopark and the auto shift menu appear on the binnacle display the scroll wheels don't work to pick the space. They are all asking the same question I have, why on earth is it not on the center display to touch a space.
My 2022 USS nonFSDS MSLR cars seems to match the description on screen only partially. It does autoshift reliably and correctly out of park. This works in the garage and in a parking lot. Drive shifts automatically into forward or reverse after hitting the brake peddle. However, it offers no such assistance with three point turns.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394
Link me to a 12.3.6 video where you can drive nag-free, hands-free for the duration of how long that person has driven in Tesla’s 5 year old video, with no interventions or any sorts of other goofy *sugar*.

My car can’t even switch lanes without hesitating stopping mid lane switch, and then continuing. Looks hilarious when it just stops for a couple sec and rides the broken line like a monorail.

Oh and don’t be sending me any of those fake videos from scummy Omar.

Really? I have drives everyday without any interventions or disengagements. Nice and smooth with far more capability than Tesla's video. And yes some drives I do have a disengagement or two but they are the exception. Next time I see a junk free video I'll post the link for you since they are available.
As far as I'm concerned your "junk" reference is dead and buried. You'll just have to move to somewhere where FSD is darn good :)

Here you go. I just looked on YouTube and this was the first FSD video I saw. An easy drive for sure but so was Tesla's video. Naturally this FSD owner has other drives with disengagements as all of us have had but in general certainly far better than Tesla's 5 year old video.

I don’t know if you’re reading what I’m saying and purposely ignoring parts or what, but your video does not meet the criteria. See the bold italicized text.

I don’t know if you’re reading what I’m saying and purposely ignoring parts or what, but your video does not meet the criteria. See the bold italicized text.
Then you obviously didn't hear his comments at the end of the drive. Your junk campaign is over. Comparing Tesla's 5 year old drive to today's FSD has no validity. Hanging your hat now on the nag question is far removed from all your previous posts over the last couple of years of how uncomfortable FSD was. At the time you were absolutely correct and I was with you 100%. But v12 changed that so I had to change my opinion.

Last edited:
Interesting times for software updates these days. Same software versions on similar cars with everyone getting different available features and no FSD updates so we’ve got nothing but time to discuss it lol.
I've tried everything and am giving up for now. I have a 2024 MSLR. Disabled FSD under autopilot settings, no change. Rebooted twice, no change. Turned auto shift off and then back on, no change.

Looks like they recently updated the online manual. Here's the disclaimer:

Depending on market region, vehicle configuration, options purchased, and software version, your vehicle may not be equipped with Auto Shift (Beta) or the features may not operate exactly as described.

So basically the answer is wait for a future software update for this to be fixed. It is labeled as a beta feature so I guess we can cut Tesla a little slack, but still would be nice if they were more specific with which vehicles and configurations are currently supported.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Then you obviously didn't hear his comments at the end of the drive. Your junk campaign is over.
Are you seriously going to sit here and tell me that YOU can drive your car on the current version of junk with your hands on your lap for as long as Tesla’s 5 year old video portrayed?

Come on man just take the L and let it go, because you know that unless you’re Omar with his trickster devices, you’re not having any hands-free, nag-free drives.