Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD v9.0 in Australia is just a con isn't it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The technology is ready, they need to release it to us! Taking our money and not having it available should be calls for a lawsuit.
Tesla have taken 2 years of deposits for RHD S and X and just cancelled all orders. Tesla have taken deposits for RHD roadsters and that now looks very unlikely. Deposits are usefull for funding tesla’s cashflow at no cost. Hopefully tesla appreciate your willingness to do so more than they appreciated those that had a new car on order for 2 years.

Anyone have any insight into the Australian regulatory process for approval of FSD and where Tesla is up to with them?

I see that China seems to be on their way to approving FSD in their market and I’m wondering whether that is because it is a LHD market.

Apart from local road rules, do we think there is much different in actual driving mechanics in LHD vs RHD - ie more than just a mirror image of driving patterns?

Edit: I read the China FSD article more closely - the headline and introduction were more than misleading. A definite maybe

Last edited:
Anyone have any insight into the Australian regulatory process for approval of FSD and where Tesla is up to with them?

I see that China seems to be on their way to approving FSD in their market and I’m wondering whether that is because it is a LHD market.

Apart from local road rules, do we think there is much different in actual driving mechanics in LHD vs RHD - ie more than just a mirror image of driving patterns?

Edit: I read the China FSD article more closely - the headline and introduction were more than misleading. A definite maybe
"
"Apart from local road rules"- quite a handful actually - different federal, state and territory rules. When you add up the dozens of countries and parts of counties it's very far from the relatively trivial process I suspect that the good folk in Redmond assumed at the start! Hook turns in VIC are just - as the Bunnings ad says - the "beginning"!
"

Reactions: Hairyman
Tesla have taken 2 years of deposits for RHD S and X and just cancelled all orders. Tesla have taken deposits for RHD roadsters and that now looks very unlikely. Deposits are usefull for funding tesla’s cashflow at no cost. Hopefully tesla appreciate your willingness to do so more than they appreciated those that had a new car on order for 2 years.

I'm SUUURRRRREEE that's the reason!

(nb. They have 17 billion cash in the bank)

Pretty sure I paid $7500.

You knew it was "when ready and regulators approve."

Car life could be 15-20 years.

If you sell or trade in the car make sure you don't discount the (future) value of FSD.
There is absolutely zero evidence that FSD receives any value in a sale. It appears that enhanced autopilot does but not fully. This is based on some in-depth recent research and sale price information that I did in selling one of my model S. Certainly you can add whatever you want to the price of a car based on your convictions when selling it, but the market does not agree that FSD carries value. This may change in the future but noting my research also showed (unsurprisingly) that tesla’s decrease in value with age and odometer increases.

Positions were openly advertised ages ago and have been running for some time.

Has been confirmed by several sources in Tesla along with the data from Teslascope confirming the software is active on vehicles in Australia and several other countries.

Reactions: UNCLETYS
Title of the video suggested that this was as good a thread as any to post this.

Yes I watched that video before you posted it. Yes Tesla took the finish line snapshot when the CyberTruck was ahead of the Porsche at the 1/8th mile marker, since EVs will out-accelerate practically anything gas-powered. If you let the race continue the Porsche will eventually win as it has a higher top speed. The only part I'll give the click-bait-title some credit for is that the specs for CyberTruck 1/4 Mile were shown following that finish line crossing...as the video panned out, suggesting that the CT beat the Porsche in the 1/4 Mile, which is doesn't. Implied isn't stated though. Wouldn't call it a lie personally, but sure it'll annoy some people for sure.

Reactions: Jules22
Yes I watched that video before you posted it. Yes Tesla took the finish line snapshot when the CyberTruck was ahead of the Porsche at the 1/8th mile marker, since EVs will out-accelerate practically anything gas-powered. If you let the race continue the Porsche will eventually win as it has a higher top speed. The only part I'll give the click-bait-title some credit for is that the specs for CyberTruck 1/4 Mile were shown following that finish line crossing...as the video panned out, suggesting that the CT beat the Porsche in the 1/4 Mile, which is doesn't. Implied isn't stated though. Wouldn't call it a lie personally, but sure it'll annoy some people for sure.
The lie was as the video pointed out, that Elon said in the event that the Porsche was beaten in the 1/4 mile. It's possible Elon was misled himself, but the race is misleading as most people would assume it was 1/4 mile (I didn't see Elon's statement, but just watching clips, I assumed it was 1/4 mile also, especially given Motor Trend did a similar stunt with a Model X vs an Alfa Romeo 4C and that was 1/4 mile).

Reactions: Maximillan
Suggest you watch the clip again at 1min20sec. Seems like a statement to me. Nothing implied.

Suggest you watch the clip again at 1min20sec. Seems like a statement to me. Nothing implied.
Fair comment. I did watch it a little while ago and I was focussed on the Advertisement, which I don't think qualified as a lie. Misleading? Maybe. That's marketing though.

To your point (and StopCrazyPPs) the fact that Elon mis-spoke / spoke-sh!t during the event is undeniable, that's true. I'll take that point.