Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Future Charging for Model S 1-phase or 3-phase ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
This is really great news! All the effort has finally paid off!

I wonder what specs we'll get, but I expect something like 3x32A, that should be more then sufficient.

I'll drink a beer on this great news!

+1 !!!

thanks Wido for your initiative and all the others supporting and pushing the cause. this is (or will be) absolutely the key to the European market (including Switzerland). curious to know the specs. CU in Geneva !

As I'm not in Geneva, here's my beer:

20120306_001.jpg

Cheers!

This should be good. :)

I've been worried that almost all new charging stations here are CHAdeMO (except for regular 16A/230V/3.5kW). It should be a piece of cake to set up some three phase chargers next to the CHAdeMO chargers. A CHAdeMO costs something like $30k, while a three-phase installation should cost in the area of $1-2k.

This should be good. :)

I've been worried that almost all new charging stations here are CHAdeMO (except for regular 16A/230V/3.5kW). It should be a piece of cake to set up some three phase chargers next to the CHAdeMO chargers. A CHAdeMO costs something like $30k, while a three-phase installation should cost in the area of $1-2k.

Keeping track of all 50 pages in this thread is a challenge, so I'll repeat myself :biggrin:

Every Transnova-funded CHAdeMO charger is required to have extra capacity for a 63 A, 400 V Mennekes outlet. A charge pole and an electrician is all that is needed :)

All Norwegians should remember to ask Tesla about support for 230 V three phase too. This should cost nothing or almost nothing, and it would be too bad if it is not included by oversight.

For those who really wanted this, it might be a good idea to let Tesla know that this change saved your reservation (or let them know if you know of people who will now buy the S because of 3-phase support)...it helps them visualize the conversion of the decision into cash for the company so they can continue to meet our demands ;).

For those who really wanted this, it might be a good idea to let Tesla know that this change saved your reservation (or let them know if you know of people who will now buy the S because of 3-phase support)...it helps them visualize the conversion of the decision into cash for the company so they can continue to meet our demands ;).
I blamed to JB Straubel, that i will cancel my reservation if Model S wouldn't support 3-phase. But he didn't care, he said DC-charging is the future. But indeed its badly needed in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.