Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One very persistent short used a drone to film the operations inside the tent. See here on Twitter. Video was taken on 6/26. Must say it does not present a good picture. Hopefully the rude awakening is not based on what's happening inside there.
Your complaint appears to be a nothingburger. What is wrong in the video? I don't see anything wrong in the video.

One very persistent short used a drone to film the operations inside the tent. See here on Twitter. Video was taken on 6/26. Must say it does not present a good picture. Hopefully the rude awakening is not based on what's happening inside there.

Be careful with his videos as they are usually many days if not weeks older than he claims them to be. He did that before. If you give him prove for inconsistencies and that the videos are older than he states he turns angry and starts bullying.

If you enlarge this video you will see that there is no production going on in the building. At the time the video was recorded they have been building the line. Construction material is shifted into the building but not car parts. That does conflict with other videos posted today where we have seen finished cars been driven out of the structure.

As you indicated he is an aggressive short and tries to smear and post the narrative where he can but never has facts to support his opinions. Likely very nervous these days given the statements from Elon that he will see a margin call next week.

Its a nice video but in my opinion its old.

The video starts with a print out of a headline that only came out yesterday. It can't be older than yesterday.

I have seen that but its easy to fake that.

Also , how would you explain the videos we have seen where cars have been driven out of the structure versus his video where the line is still under construction?

Your complaint appears to be a nothingburger. What is wrong in the video? I don't see anything wrong in the video.

For one that's an unsafe working environment (forklifts entering designated zones for foot traffic is a big no no). But maybe that's just because the line is not in operation. You can clearly see people working on the line, not on cars on the line.

Anyone who twitter jousts, the map on that thread is wrong...
The forklift is shown driving around the second paint facility (unlabeled), and then around the non-existent rail road tracks (taken out) while driving through the new storage building (missing). For reference: uhh_no.jpg
Actual layout: fork lifts leave North Paint 3 travel across the new section of pavement where the tracks used to be (south west corner of 13) and straight into GA4. Start point may vary based on where the door are removed...

fremont_factory_layout.png

For one that's an unsafe working environment (forklifts entering designated zones for foot traffic is a big no no). But maybe that's just because the line is not in operation. You can clearly see people working on the line, not on cars on the line.

I agree. Its very normal to have this what you call "unsafe environment" when building up a new line. Given the time they had to do it quite an accomplishment. Cudos to the team!

I would not be surprised if Elon is somewhere down there screwing bolts in the line somewhere. True start up feeling!

Just replied to our Video friend at Twitter asking him about how come his video shows line in construction and todays video finished cars leaving building. I guess his next step will be to block me.....

The video starts with a print out of a headline that only came out yesterday. It can't be older than yesterday.

So it's a matter of who's lying, Elon or the short clown on twitter? Hmmmm, tough call. I wonder how much money it's costing Elon to get everyone in the company to go along with his lie.

I agree. Its very normal to have this what you call "unsafe environment" when building up a new line. Given the time they had to do it quite an accomplishment. Cudos to the team!

I would not be surprised if Elon is somewhere down there screwing bolts in the line somewhere. True start up feeling!

Just replied to our Video friend at Twitter asking him about how come his video shows line in construction and todays video finished cars leaving building. I guess his next step will be to block me.....

If that video is emboldening shorts, that's great news for longs. There's zero context and it's not even 2 minutes of what's going on in GA. Hope they're doubling down!

Elon didn't, the company did. It's what's been on our config pages since Dec/Jan time after they told everyone about the screw up. Mine was Jan-mar/ late spring/ late '18/now 6-9 months. That's the most official thing we have, so I've been going off of that.
Yeah but the whole production has been affected. They advanced the intro by two years, and have been in "production hell" trying to ramp up the whole thing... they've been admittedly delayed in trying to meet original expectation overall.

I don't have a reservation for a 3, but my recollection of my S reservation is that it was an estimate.

When you use terms like "vaporware", or accuse them of "moving the goalposts", that tends to imply knowing deceit.

Look I know you want your car, and I sympathize, but you ignored the second half of my question: why is it any less fair for you to wait than somebody else, when there's a logical ordering that perhaps allows Tesla to become profitable and ensure it's survival earlier by producing more profitable cars first?

They did it for other models/options....

I think based on the pictures and videos there are two original GA lines, GA 3 which went up start of quarter and this GA4. Very much appears to be a work in progress. Moving parts from the automated line to GA is manual and not sustainable. The line staff included interns assigned to get in line for steel toe boots. If they are doing 5 cars an hour, one every 12 minutes though, that add 120 cars a day and 940 a week. Assuming they make improvements, including replacing the forklift they should be able to double the throughput.

Reactions: neroden
When you use terms like "vaporware", or accuse them of "moving the goalposts", that tends to imply knowing deceit.

Look I know you want your car, and I sympathize, but you ignored the second half of my question: why is it any less fair for you to wait than somebody else, when there's a logical ordering that perhaps allows Tesla to become profitable and ensure it's survival earlier by producing more profitable cars first?
I used that term, because the SR version keeps being pushed back even after the issues are fixed....and that's the whole point of this car, it's the "cheaper" model. It's been said a thousand times since 2016, yet right now it starts at 49k and goes to 64k.

Elon and the company have stated that they need to get to 5k/w to be profitable. They are basically there.

Now to your second half, which I didn't mean to ignore and have stated the last time the SR version was pushed back:

As long as they are profitable (which I want them to be and survive), which is supposedly at 5k/w, then I don't understand why they can't start on the SR version and mix it in starting with people like me who are early on the reservation list.

I'm doing this for my daughter, her children's future, and for humanity's sake, but it's extremely hard to watch some people on here or others not on here buy the M3 P version because they want to go 1 second faster while I'm still driving my ICE around polluting the Earth.

Just a little balance after the 5k/w achievement would be nice.

I used that term, because the SR version keeps being pushed back even after the issues are fixed....and that's the whole point of this car, it's the "cheaper" model. It's been said a thousand times since 2016, yet right now it starts at 49k and goes to 64k.

Elon and the company have stated that they need to get to 5k/w to be profitable. They are basically there.

Now to your second half, which I didn't mean to ignore and have stated the last time the SR version was pushed back:

As long as they are profitable (which I want them to be and survive), which is supposedly at 5k/w, then I don't understand why they can't start on the SR version and mix it in starting with people like me who are early on the reservation list.

I'm doing this for my daughter, her children's future, and for humanity's sake, but it's extremely hard to watch some people on here or others not on here buy the M3 P version because they want to go 1 second faster while I'm still driving my ICE around polluting the Earth.

Just a little balance after the 5k/w achievement would be nice.

I think it would be really good if for nothing more than PR alone to start making the SR after they hit 5000/week even if it's only 5% of production. Many people will add options on those as well and even 250/week would silence the criticism that the base car doesn't exist. They'd get a reservation list for it that would take years to get through- if they ever even could! Indefinite supply constrained! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.