Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, super disappointing stock movement lately. Tesla’s crushes production and deliveries - stock is down 2 days in a row and nothing but negative headlines. I’m starting to think there’s just no going up in this climate anymore. Once they beat one goal, people talk *sugar* about something else. Q3 profitable - well then it’s gonna be is demand sustainable, how can they build their future cars and factories, how are they paying off the debt, etc. The onslaught of bad news is crazy. The media has adopted the short thesis as the default narrative.

EU Parliament votes to accelerate the electric car transformation

Julia Poliscanova, clean vehicles manager with T&E, said:

“Despite an unprecedented lobby effort by the oil and car industries, the European Parliament has voted decisively to require carmakers to make their cars cleaner and sell more electric and hydrogen vehicles. This vote is good news for the climate, for jobs in Europe and for the millions of Europeans who will start to enjoy cleaner air in their cities.”
“A clear majority of EU governments supports Parliament’s decision to accelerate the transition to clean and electric mobility. Only Germany, Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria oppose higher ambition. We shouldn’t allow Germany to hold an entire continent to ransom over its failed diesel strategy.

Question:

The SEC agreement requires Tesla oversight over Elon’s communications. Twitter for example, someone needs to actually approve his tweets. This seems really easy, and once in place should be entirely unnoticeable minus the good old days of fun post-midnight tweet sessions I always used to enjoy. Hypothetically...

However, this oversight must also be done during quarterly conference calls.

How will this be achieved?

Time delayed responses, like a super bowl halftime show?

No more Elon on the calls?

Elon whispering into some lawyers ear?

Care to offer some insight anyone, this has been bugging me for days.

Question:

The SEC agreement requires Tesla oversight over Elon’s communications. Twitter for example, someone needs to actually approve his tweets. This seems really easy, and once in place should be entirely unnoticeable minus the good old days of fun post-midnight tweet sessions I always used to enjoy. Hypothetically...

Others on the call can immediately clarify/ refute anything that requires such things.

Some news from the "competition", Audi:

"Audi aims to fully utilize its production capacity for the e-tron electric SUV in Belgium before the end of the year, reaching maximum output assuming its supply chain does not tear.

Production of the e-tron started in September as planned and on time in Audi's Brussels plant, the head of the factory said.

“We believe that at the end of the year, we will reach our maximum capacity,” said Patrick Danau, managing director of Audi Brussels, declining to quantify what that would be. The French analyst firm Inovev predicts annual output will be 20,000.

The Brussels plant will add production of the e-tron Sportback in 2019.

Danau said retooling the plant was a challenge because preseries production of the e-tron had to be integrated onto the same high-volume assembly line used to manufacture the A1, a high-volume small hatchback offered with combustion engines only. To make room for the e-tron models, A1 production will be moved this year to the plant in Martorell, Spain, run by Audi sister brand Seat."

• 20k units p.a. thats about the lowest they probably can implement. That falls short of any demand I expect.
  • They install the e-Tron production and move the A1 to Spain. That sounds expensive to me.
Audi hopes to hit full production capacity for e-tron by end of year

CEO Stadler, still in jail finally lost his position now. Its a shame that this took that long and shows the inability of Audi to make necessary , required and decision quickly.

Volkswagen terminates Audi chief's contract | IOL Business Report

The new Audi CEO instead made in an interview clear that Audi will accelerate the speed to market with Hydro.

"Mehr Tempo" für Brennstoffzelle bei Audi! Rallye bei Nel, Ballard – und Kaufsignal bei dieser Wasserstoff-Aktie!

All of this together sounds to me like they do the e-Tron more for compliance reasons likely make no money with it and decided than the Hydrogen is a better fit to their business model.

That all makes no sense to me and the consumer certainly will not be keen to go for hydro with the same issues you have with ICE instead its much more dangerous and does miss all the benefits of an BEV.

Question:

Same here. And there's a New York judge tasked with overseeing proper fulfillment of the deal.

I think Elon Musk should be very conscious of the consequences for the enterprise Tesla represents if he is held to be in delinquency of the agreed upon terms.

It's the board's responsibility to make sure this is understood, while preparing a Plan B.

Status
Not open for further replies.