Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'Get Amped Tour' Email Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why in the world aren't they doing as they said they would three days ago? This isn't rocket science -

Not rocket science, but it is some really complicated database extractions which better work perfect first time out or everyone will be all over them. It's not going to change anything for the vast majority of us whether they go out today, tomorrow or on Monday.

P.S. With Sig #731 you've got excellent chances of making it to Fremont and you live an hour away....just kick back and look forward to it.

So when does "this week" end? Friday night, Saturday night, or Sunday night? (11:59 PST)
Here's my theory -- George is a hardcore WoW player and he was referring to the "raid week" which everybody knows starts and ends with Tuesday morning maintenance.

j/k j/k -- but I'd repeat that story all year if those emails don't come out till Monday.

Re: database extraction -- they should've planned just a little further ahead and done the test drive schedule at the same time as the MVPAs.

Hi everyone. I thought it might be helpful to provide a quick update.

For those with low Model S Signature reservation numbers, you should probably start watching your inbox on Saturday morning Pacific Daylight Time.

To clarify a few questions that have surfaced in this thread:

- Invitations will go out in sequence number order. They are not being sent out by geographic locale, but by sequence number.
- We intend to send out about 50 invitations to start (to make sure everything is working properly).
- We will follow up with another 50 shortly thereafter, then another 500 within a few hours.

- When you receive your invitation, you will have the opportunity to choose a preferred time slot for your Test Drive.
- Each test drive time slot has a defined number of available test drives in it.
- We will progressively add additional invitations until all time slots for the Fremont weekend are filled.
- A time slot will automatically "close" when all test drive slots for that segment of time have been filled.

- You will receive a confirmation after you choose a preferred time slot.
- Then, about 3 to 4 days before the event, you will get an email with complete details about the event and other things you need to know.

- Next week we will begin sending out invitations to the LA Test Drive Tour stop. The process for the LA tour stop will be exactly the same as the Fremont process.

I hope this helps. I hope to see many of you next weekend.

GeorgeB

Bonnie, it's almost time to arrange that TMC meetup again at City Beach, Fremont! October's a distant memory and we didn't have the full entourage in Feb at the X reveal...

I'm going to have to leave arrangement of a meetup to someone else - I have an unexpected business trip & not sure what day I'll return. I'm hoping for this week, but it could push out longer. Sorry!

Thank you George!! That was an extremely helpful update and very kind of you to post. I've been on pins and needles all week! I'm actually most excited to see all 10 colors since I'm having such a hard time deciding. Hopefully next weekend will put an end to the indecision! Thanks again.

Thank you George!! That was an extremely helpful update and very kind of you to post. I've been on pins and needles all week! I'm actually most excited to see all 10 colors since I'm having such a hard time deciding. Hopefully next weekend will put an end to the indecision! Thanks again.

+1 about the colors. I'm not sure if that isn't more important than test driving at this point...

StephRob, isn't your choice down to 4 Sig colors?! Are you considering dropping to P if you like one of the P-only colors?! Or, will you go the $12K custom color route?

Thank you George for your concise explanation. Any chances the 700 test drivers will be able to attend the June 22nd corporate event? 10s of new owners with hundreds of soon to be owners would be a great PR event! :cool:

Yes, both my husband and I are likely to get an S. We're both ready for new cars and if the S is as great as it seems, we'll be a two Tesla family. The issue at hand is whether I take the Sig in red and my husband gets his silver performance with the P slot, or he gets a silver Sig Perf and I get another color (blue or grey most likely) with the P slot. The thing is that I'm the one simply dying to get a new car, so I'll most likely drive the Silver Sig for a few months until mine comes in if we go the latter route. #firstworldproblems I know