Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glovis Captain - Delivery text

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The can literally blast stuff into space but they cant look at a shipping manifest and work out how many cars can get on it. Its all a smidge odd for a company who must kick ass at logistics in every other sense
Agreed! Still hoping it may be on there and they just don’t know what’s going on! I’ll have to wait and see if a text comes in when everyone else receives theirs!

I ordered an existing inventory LR yesterday, Saturday 14th March. I already have a VIN since it's an inventory car. Should I assume that it is currently on Glovis Captain and to expect a delivery text soon?

Is there a way to look up the source code in my account for the ship code, in the same way as looking for the VIN? I thought I saw this on a previous thread, but for the life of me can't find it.

Last edited:
I ordered an existing inventory LR yesterday, Saturday 14th March. I already have a VIN since it's an inventory car. Should I assume that it is currently on Glovis Captain and to expect at delivery text soon?

Is there a way to look up the source code in my account for the ship code, in the same way as looking for the VIN? I thought I saw this on a previous thread, but for the life of me can't find it.
Very lucky! Possibly, the only way you’d know is by calling Tesla, nothing in the source code. You’d likely get a text tonight or tomorrow if it is in the GLOVIS CAPTAIN

Reactions: mmackay911
Ordered existing inventory on 17/2. I was told less than a week later that my car was in Southampton and that Bristol would be in touch to arrange pick-up. After another week I was told that my car was on the Glovis Captain, which had only just left San Francisco.

Not sure what to believe any more but hope that it made the boat.

I have received no communications from Tesla at all. Each update was as a result of me calling for an update.

Ordered existing inventory on 17/2. I was told less than a week later that my car was in Southampton and that Bristol would be in touch to arrange pick-up. After another week I was told that my car was on the Glovis Captain, which had only just left San Francisco.

Not sure what to believe any more but hope that it made the boat.

I have received no communications from Tesla at all. Each update was as a result of me calling for an update.
Blimey! Hopefully it is on this boat, the fact they told you that is reassuring. You’ll know tonight or tomorrow if you get a delivery text!

Reactions: cockneyleek
Have Tesla offered to proactively match you with a similar spec. from existing inventory? There are sure to be a few cancellations for cars on the Glovis Captain.
They said they’d put us to the top of the matching list, but I’m taking everything I hear with a pinch of salt. Checking the existing inventory a few times a day and seeing if anything comes up.

Reactions: cockneyleek
I got a text Tuesday early morning (so presume not from US but driven by activity in Amsterdam). I received a subsequent confirmation email including reg number from Stockport SC on Thursday very late evening (so I suspect from US west coast).