Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S3XY Knob Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've received mine this week - colour match isn't great.

1707583652757.png

I installed mine yesterday. Used the rear install method. Pretty simple. I’d say it took about 10 mins including firmware updates for both devices.

It looks great. I think anyone not familiar with the car would think it’s stock. At least to look at. Even the commander and cable are pretty hard to spot.

However I’m not sure I’ll be keeping it. The actual functionality is less than I was expecting. There are not as many commands you can allocate to the knob as I expected. As an example you can’t turn on the rear seat heaters. Something I seem to be asked to do a lot.

There are also some annoying UX inconsistencies. When you adjust the volume the main car display updates in real time. When you adjust the AC temperature it doesn’t. So then the knob shows one temperature and the car another. Not sure that’s going to work with other car users!

I installed mine yesterday. Used the rear install method. Pretty simple. I’d say it took about 10 mins including firmware updates for both devices.

It looks great. I think anyone not familiar with the car would think it’s stock. At least to look at. Even the commander and cable are pretty hard to spot.

However I’m not sure I’ll be keeping it. The actual functionality is less than I was expecting. There are not as many commands you can allocate to the knob as I expected. As an example you can’t turn on the rear seat heaters. Something I seem to be asked to do a lot.

There are also some annoying UX inconsistencies. When you adjust the volume the main car display updates in real time. When you adjust the AC temperature it doesn’t. So then the knob shows one temperature and the car another. Not sure that’s going to work with other car users!
I agree that these are a bit annoying currently but Enhance have said that they will be adding more actions to the knob, and that they will be fixing the lack of synchronisation. The updates are given on their Discord group.

Lots more features coming. Worth following them on discord.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240218_083103_Discord.jpg
    Screenshot_20240218_083103_Discord.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: robbieduncan
Yes, fitted in the front drivers side lower A pillar. Very easy, max 10 minutes - just be a bit careful with the door sill trim as the white plastic trim clips are brittle.
Remember, this is a UK post - so right hand drive car. It’ll be passenger side lower A pillar on left hand drive cars. In other words, irrespective of RHD or LHD, the connector is always on the right side of the car viewed from being sat in it.

• Helpful
Reactions: KennethS
I see the new features now. Maybe it was the app that needed updating. I have all apps on my phone set to auto update so I should have already updated on the 5th. Last night I still wasnt able to see anything new but today its all there. Thanks.
I'm also set to auto update, but often when I go directly to an app which I know a new version has just been released the option to update appears. Probably set by the app store to prevent mass downloads as soon as an update appears.