Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S3XY Knob Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, they originally were aiming for early pre-orders to receive units by Christmas. Unfortunately they are delayed but I’m happy for them to have the time to perfect the product.
Same here. I think they said that they were all geared up for it, but in the final assembly they found bugs/problems - whether this was due to manufacturing or coding wasn't made clear. But the main thing is that they didn't ship them in a buggy state. These things happen during development, it's better to get it right before shipping than have to rectify in the field.

This is the (unlisted) video with some detail;
1704887160602.png

I'm still looking forward to getting mine. :)

Reactions: KennethS
Yes, they originally were aiming for early pre-orders to receive units by Christmas. Unfortunately they are delayed but I’m happy for them to have the time to perfect the product.
I agree I'm happy to wait and have a reliable non buggy product - However it does vex me slightly that companies bank my money well in advance and dont supply on time. They should really offer a refund and charge again when they are ready to ship

Reactions: KennethS
I agree I'm happy to wait and have a reliable non buggy product - However it does vex me slightly that companies bank my money well in advance and dont supply on time. They should really offer a refund and charge again when they are ready to ship
I bought at the earliest pre-order discount window, and from memory I think it was 40% off. This was end July 2023. On that basis, I am not bothered by an extra month or so delay. In fact, I'm happy they spotted whatever the issue is and corrected it rather than ship the batch of units they had, since mine will likely be one of the early batches that ship. It was the right thing to do but not all companies would have taken the hit if the bad batch was "passable". I have found Enhauto a good company and they continually are improving and adding to the S3XY control feature set.

Generally I completely agree with your feelings on the pay now and get a product when we've finished making, testing and refining it, but in this instance they are pretty close to the schedule promised when I ordered mine and the delay seems for the right reason. My understanding is the first batches are shipping this week.

Really looking forward to my new knob. I've been fumbling with touch screens too long. I need to start exercising my twiddle muscles!

Seriously, I think this will be a huge step up in usability. There are just too many simple things that are frustratingly slow and cumbersome to do on the touch screen when the car is jiggling about and you're trying to concentrate on the road.

Have you got it up and running yet?