Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glovis Captain - Delivery text

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DOI - Doctor (GP) and my wife works in acute medicine. This is not going away. 6 months minimum. So PLEASE assume that any impact will last until the autumn acutely and then the long term spill over after that. This ain’t going away. Things are going to get a lot worse before they get better.

• Informative
Reactions: zayn
I understand all those reconsidering.
Fortunately my car missed Glovis Captain, so I have time to try to sell my Jag now.
I’ve kept my RN and VIN as its qualified for OLEV, if we are still in such a mess in June and I can’t sell I’ll probably walk away and revisit later.

For those of your concerned whether Tesla may still be around, bear in mind it is now USA's pride and joy company. I very much doubt the US Government would allow it to go down the pan. Even if they did there would be a queue of the big manufacturers to snap it up cheap and take over the Tesla infrastructure for themselves. Fear not my friends.

Someone mentioned the balance to pay on purchase is due 7 days before collection. Is this written into the contract somewhere? My preference is to transfer some large chunks (very shortly) before collection, but at least £20k at the time of collection. As far as I'm currently concerned I have my appointment for collection on 27th March and will turn up to collect. Last position I want to be left in (particularly in current climate) is to pay £53k, then have delivery delayed for any reason. Any advice / exeriences of others appreciated.

I suspect they’d probably let you pay up until the day, but you’d probably want to check you can do so before getting there and finding it limited to a certain amount.

You’re probably going to end up having to transfer a significant amount in advance either way.

I had similar thoughts to you before realising that I’d need to transfer over 50% of it regardless, so I’d be out a significant sum either way if it got delayed.

Reactions: TheManofMead
Is this written into the contract somewhere?

Its was on my invoice. But it does rather depend on whether you get the invoice 7 days before collection. Things have improved, but when i got mine 48 hours was generous :) Beware in case your bank makes it difficult to physically move that sort of sized amount - it may take serveral days at £X0,000 per day (I have no idea how 10 x £10,000 avoids money laundering vs. 1x £100,000 ...)

Attachments

• CVChina.gif
    CVChina.gif
    12.3 KB · Views: 58
For those of your concerned whether Tesla may still be around, bear in mind it is now USA's pride and joy company. I very much doubt the US Government would allow it to go down the pan. Even if they did there would be a queue of the big manufacturers to snap it up cheap and take over the Tesla infrastructure for themselves. Fear not my friends.

Someone mentioned the balance to pay on purchase is due 7 days before collection. Is this written into the contract somewhere? My preference is to transfer some large chunks (very shortly) before collection, but at least £20k at the time of collection. As far as I'm currently concerned I have my appointment for collection on 27th March and will turn up to collect. Last position I want to be left in (particularly in current climate) is to pay £53k, then have delivery delayed for any reason. Any advice / exeriences of others appreciated.
I pick up Wednesday. Like you, I’ve been holding off and Tesla are aware. Bank will allow me to transfer £25K today and balance tomorrow for Monday.

Reactions: TheManofMead
Still waiting for my invoice and reg number, was told I should get it soon. Not sure if PCP makes a difference.
Me too!

However, I did get an email from Bristol, where I am due to collect on Thursday, giving me Tesla’s bank details and requesting payment. I called them and pointed out that they haven’t sent me an invoice yet, nor are their any documents in my Tesla account apart from the £100 booking fee. I was told that the invoice should arrive by end of Monday, but to feel free and make my payment any way.

However, I did get an email from Bristol, where I am due to collect on Thursday, giving me Tesla’s bank details and requesting payment.

Not even had that, although I did get an email through from DeliveryGB about the low-touch handover. Fine by me as I pretty much know the operation of the car inside and out anyway. If I don't get anything by Monday I will call them again.

I have cancelled my delivery appointment. Tesla are unmatching me with the car which I was due to pick up on Thursday and will re-match me in June or later.

Sorry to hear that but completely understandable in this situation.

I have cancelled my delivery appointment. Tesla are unmatching me with the car which I was due to pick up on Thursday and will re-match me in June or later.
Which car were you buying? If it was M3P and you are unmatched from a vehicle on which you were getting the £3,500 PICG does this now mean you lose that and will have to pay a higher price in June (as the VIN registered for PICG is no longer the same)?