Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GME and AMC stock action (out of main)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dead cat bounce or opportunists from the last few days trying to cover their short positions?
Is this everyone's first day here? These headfakes and false media narratives have been bombarding TSLA investors for years, you'd think we'd recognize it by now.

These clowns:

A) Don't have the money to cover.

B) Wouldn't cover even if they did because they're degenerates who assume they can drive SP to $20 and then cover at a more reasonable loss.

If retails keeps buying/holding, they can not cover. Yes there are tons and tons and tons and tons and tons of shady operators, retail and hedge alike, simply making money off this. But there is a critical mass of people who simply won't sell and there's not enough float to satisfy the short position even if they wanted to cover. Which they don't. And also can't.

? Which tos did that violate? Weird.
One of the universal rules I like to adhere to is you don't discuss moderation or bans openly. Posted a mild whine and I'm gonna leave it at that. I've always like the rule that it's ban-ably rude to openly judge/debate moderation outside of a dedicated feedback thread. The internet needs to bring that back.

One of the universal rules I like to adhere to is you don't discuss moderation or bans openly. Posted a mild whine and I'm gonna leave it at that. I've always like the rule that it's ban-ably rude to openly judge/debate moderation outside of a dedicated feedback thread. The internet needs to bring that back.
I have no doubt it was a 100% perfect most excellent ban.
No debate from me on the merits of it.

I just wonder which term it was so I can make sure to follow it as applied in this case.

• Funny
Reactions: UkNorthampton
Sorry if posted before, but this interested me, my emphasis (Axon/Taser short attack)

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/lbzd8a/i_am_rick_smith_the_founder_and_ceo_of_axon/

TeaCupOverdose

What was the first evidence or thing your noticed or were told that suggested you were under a short attack?

Rick_Smith_Axon

First sign: The pace of negative news articles dramatically increased as we saw the short interest in the stock tick up. However, there is very little transparency around short investors. You could only see the overall short interest once a month (I think it’s once every two weeks now). So, while we could tell you every major share holder (and so can the SEC), no one knows who holds the big short positions, and there is no oversight. It's a big glaring problem, because people can profit through the destruction of a company's value can do so with complete anonymity.

One example: In July of 2004, the New York Times published a negative piece that drove the price of the stock down dramatically. We received tips that there had been major short selling activity in the days before the article hit — like hundreds of millions of dollars worth. But there was no way to track or verify if that was happening.

It was especially troubling when we learned that the author of the negative article against us played in a regular card game with a bunch of hedge fund managers. And that same author went on to write many negative articles over the next year or so—and he even disclosed in a January 2005 article that he had been receiving internal documents from our company directly from a short seller. In other words, a stock trader had access to inside information and was trafficking that info the the NYT author.

An investigation we commissioned found we had a paid mole inside the company (my personal assistant, if you can believe that) who was apparently sharing material non-public information with traders shorting the stock.

I flew to New York and shared all the underlying data with the US Attorney for the Southern District of New York. However, without data to establish the trading patterns or identities, there was no investigation.

So there were those early signals in the form of media scrutiny, which led us down the rabbit hole. Again, we're not the only ones who face things like this, which is why I wanted to write about it and do this AMA.

The usual TSLA Q people on Twitter are also closely following GME, if that tells you anything.

edit: not to compare TSLA to GME, the former had and continues to have good fundamentals (although the Q folks would argue otherwise). Just pointing out that they’re all over GME right now.

What's sort of sad about GME is it did squeeze. It went from $20 to $350 in 2 weeks. And it's _still_ way up from where it was 4 weeks ago. Even if it stabilizes at $40, that's a big gain in 4-6 weeks. The problem is all the people that bought the hype train at $150, $250, or $350 and lost their shirts. Bubbles are, well, bubbles. Trying to catch one is hard and timing a peak near impossible.

I made out like a bandit, bought around $38 or so and exited in tranches up through the peak. I set my best possible case at 10x and didn't quite hit it, but I had sold 85% of my stock in those tranches on the way up, dumped that last 15% about 1/2 way down the peak. I learned that here on TMC: don't be greedy, have an exit plan ahead of time and set those orders. Especially the first tranche that recovers your investment so everything after that is profit.

I am absolutely positive horrible collusion and manipulation occurred by Robin Hood and other market makers. But, even if change happens (and it almost certainly won't), it doesn't help the people that got screwed.

Banned for a week from TMC last Friday for making two GME comments in the "main thread" implying that retail will likely be selling a bit of TSLA to buy GME and that it was "OK to do so".

Funny coincidence I'm out of prison the moment Robinhooders are again allowed to buy. Think trading will get halted soon or RH will clamp back down?

Bought modestly and slowly all week concluding with a few @ $54 this morning. My avg stands at $99.56 as of now. Will be holding until at after $1400 checks are dispensed and perhaps trading in between if it skyrockets.

I love the cut of your jib Mr. Mule.

It OBVIOUSLY makes sense to take some off the table for your top gainers and move them to speculations.

Some APPL, TSLA, MSFT, AMD obviously went to the Reddit stocks.

Reactions: Big Earl
Elon tweeted YOLT:
You Only Live Twice

Is he saying there is going to be another fight and he is joining?
Cold war Bond flick

Production company: Eon Productions :p

Fun fact: this is the movie with SPECTRE's volcano base, including operative heliport and monorail, which were constructed at a lot inside Pinewood Studios, UK.

Ergo, Elon's is producing a volcano lair. Obviously. :cool:

Cheers!

Last edited:
My prediction, Monday is the last moon day before the crash as short interest data comes out on Tuesday. Lots of wsb holders think the daily SI data from S3 is BS. I don't know about you, but people don't pay 24k/ year on bloomberg terminal and then 625/month for S3 just to receive BS information.

I have informed all my friends who are heavy bag holders that this is their only exit plan to help minimize their loss. Collectively my 3 friends are at -34k betting on gme and amc.

My prediction, Monday is the last moon day before the crash as short interest data comes out on Tuesday. Lots of wsb holders think the daily SI data from S3 is BS. I don't know about you, but people don't pay 24k/ year on bloomberg terminal and then 625/month for S3 just to receive BS information.

I have informed all my friends who are heavy bag holders that this is their only exit plan to help minimize their loss. Collectively my 3 friends are at -34k betting on gme and amc.
Smells much more like the opposite is true. Isn't it more likely all this desperation is designed to help cover before a more certain picture of true short interest can be painted? Massive pushdown while the platforms literally aren't letting people buy. Tons of media messaging that everything's "over".

Based on the short hedge fund behavior we've seen here over the years, my assumption is the hedgies tried to wait it out.

But we have seen on many occasions that the S3 short interest data for TSLA was BS. For example on January 4th they said:

$TSLA short int is $31.20BN; 44.22M shs shorted; 5.83% of Float; 5.51% S3 SI% Flt. Shs shorted down -2.1M shs, -4.4%, over last 30 days & down -1.41M shs, -3.1%, last week. Shorts down -$40.12B in 2020 mark-to-market losses; down -$6.3B in Dec and down -$1.07B today's +3.4% move

But then the actual information came out and showed it was really ~60.62M shares on 12/31. So they were off by ~16.4 million shares. That seems pretty much like BS to me.