Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GME and AMC stock action (out of main)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's happening now is that the little guy is being joined by the 1% (yes, most of us are part of the 1%). The little guy just wanted to become rich fast, the 1% is already rich and is joining for the ideology, the fun, the thrill or to screw the shorts.

But if we do screw the shorts, what kind of protection do we need ?

I do feel sorry for the little guy. He thinks he can break the system and get rich doing so. Yes, the little guys are strong in their numbers and conviction, but they aren't strong in their powers. The SEC, Fed, White House, brokers, etc are calling the shots. They can decide to suspend trading in these meme stocks indefinitely, they can force companies to do a stock emission, they can ban social media groups for 'manipulating' stock prices, or whatever else they can come up with. They don't care that the manipulative hedge funds will get away with it, they only look at the bigger picture: the stock market and the economy. When those are in danger they will act. Swiftly. And they may even bail out hedge funds. Which will be paid for by... the little guy.

I don’t think so. Too late for that. The cat is out of the bag. They can try, of course. But I expect there to be a cry throughout the land. The world is being flipped upside from many sides.

He got a call from Ken, the check is in the mail. /s
FD29D121-4004-43C8-9889-3312879661AB.jpeg

What's happening now is that the little guy is being joined by the 1% (yes, most of us are part of the 1%). The little guy just wanted to become rich fast, the 1% is already rich and is joining for the ideology, the fun, the thrill or to screw the shorts.

There were guys standing with ideology even before who are NOT from the 1%, see an example here:

This guy holds over $1million in GME now and not selling even though he is otherwise broke. He is in it because Wall Street wolves pushed his family into bankruptcy back in 2008, he now sees that as payback time

I have an account with Freetrade in the UK, just before the market opened they sent this message:
“Due to a sudden and unexpected decision by our FX provider, and their bank, to limit our volume of trades, we have been forced to disable buy orders on US stocks today.

We're deeply unhappy with this decision and we are doing everything possible to rectify the situation”

To me it seems like the powers that be don’t want retail to buy certain stocks as they are still exposed.

This is with cash? At least they're covering their bases by blocking all US stock orders.

I still think that the original shorts who wanted the price to drop to $3 or less to make their buck have already been bailed out yesterday when they were the only ones who could buy. I hope some Pulitzer-seeking intrepid reporter is ready to dig deep into this.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I have an account with Freetrade in the UK, just before the market opened they sent this message:
“Due to a sudden and unexpected decision by our FX provider, and their bank, to limit our volume of trades, we have been forced to disable buy orders on US stocks today.

We're deeply unhappy with this decision and we are doing everything possible to rectify the situation”

To me it seems like the powers that be don’t want retail to buy certain stocks as they are still exposed.

It sounds like the Clearing Houses have raised margin/equity requirements for their downstream brokerages. This has resulted in liquidity issues for "no-fee" trading shops, who largely make their money by selling their order book info to (you guessed it) hedge funds.

Many large retain broker who charge a fee for trading seem unaffected, or at least remain operational.

Cheers!

Yeah this firm doesn’t offer margin trading
This is with cash? At least they're covering their bases by blocking all US stock orders.

I still think that the original shorts who wanted the price to drop to $3 or less to make their buck have already been bailed out yesterday when they were the only ones who could buy. I hope some Pulitzer-seeking intrepid reporter is ready to dig deep into this.

So I’ve posted a couple times about this now, but the now debunked theory that Robinhood partnered with funds to shut down yesterday has people putting their money down in an ideological sense. A lot of people are gonna get hurt like this.

What happened yesterday was robinhood ran out of cash because the volume and volatility of trading jacked up the SEC and DTC deposit requirements beyond their cash on hand. You can’t use customer cash for it by regulation.

while I am not a libertarian so I disagree with the conclusion on Dodd-frank here this Twitter user does a good job, along with some other info I shared in my posts last night, on how the capital requirements for these meme stonks jumped up to an amount higher than anyone could really forecast. I encourage everyone to learn about settlement and clearing.

https://twitter.com/KralcTrebor/status/1354952686165225478