Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Green number plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unless there's a benefit, I don't see the point. Councils adopting them for parking concessions maybe.
That's one of the suggestions, reduced parking charges or a way to recognise zero emission vehicles in congestion charge zones (where they're usually exempt).

The new city requirements for zero emission zones could see vehicles without the green strip being banned - or at least stopped and checked - in future.

There's also a slightly weird idea that people will want them as a sort of boast, but that's not the British way in my experience.

I can’t see anything on their website regarding legal markings. I guess these could be stuck over the plate that came with the car? I’m looking at getting some as I now need a plate for a bike rack
By legal markings I assume you mean the BS AU 145 and manufacturer name. Both of these have been present on road legal plates I have ordered from proplates previously although they are small and inconspicuous. I wouldn't personally stick anything on or over another number plate, the police are likely to get arsey and ask it to be removed, even if it is a legal plate over the top.

I see on that link they require a V5 to order the plates. How does that work if you're leasing?
Ask your leasing company/proplates, they may be able to help. A letter of authorization is usually needed for new plates on a lease where you don't hold the V5