Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GYEON LeatherShield - Stay Away

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know a lot of people use GYEON LeatherShield on their seats, but I strongly encourage you not to. Their product discolored my seats, and when I reached out they tried to bland me for it. Very disappointed in this product and company. I would not advise anyone use this product.

IMG_1890.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: fholbert and El joe
Tesla says you shouldn’t put anything on the seats. They aren’t leather and shouldn’t be treated as such. Our Model 3 seats (black, not white) are holding up remarkably well with nothing having been applied to them for 200,000 miles. To clean, we wipe with a damp cloth.
A lot of people online use this product to ceramic coat their seats. They market it as being something to apply to your Tesla seats, Tessbros also sell the product.

I just applied Gyeon Leather Shield to the white seats of a 2024 MYLR and, surprise, the white seats stayed pristine white. As usual, there is a lot of anecdotal misinformation perpetrated on these forums that gullible people take as fact. EV charging behaviors, battery degradation, the use of PPF, are just a few examples of topics where misinformation and mythology reign supreme.

I just applied Gyeon Leather Shield to the white seats of a 2024 MYLR and, surprise, the white seats stayed pristine white. As usual, there is a lot of anecdotal misinformation perpetrated on these forums that gullible people take as fact. EV charging behaviors, battery degradation, the use of PPF, are just a few examples of topics where misinformation and mythology reign supreme.

So you are slamming anecdotal evidence with your own anecdote? 😂

It's not misinformation, I posted a picture of my car with discoloration after applying this product. #fail
What was their response?
They tried to blame me for it...

I wouldn’t put anything on my seats anyway, but I don’t really see the damage in the photo. It looks like an ever so faint line…but you’d have to be inspecting to see it and even then you’d have to know where it was to see it at normal viewing distance, I think.

I don't believe I've started three threads about this. I think I may have started one regarding the streaks asking further and then this one warning people.
For the record, you did start three threads:

Gyeon leather shield - smoke while applying?!
Gyeon Leather Shield Streaks in black seats?!

I guess the issue with a 'leather' coating is that leather is probably ok with having a bit of a 'shine' on it and leather will also absorb the liquid better.
The black matt 'vegan' leather on a Tesla would look terrible with a (patchy) shine.
I saw your first post and then your second and didnt bother responding because I suspected maybe you were spamming the forum - perhaps just user error and stress.
But I did check the GYEON site and product description and they did say it was ok for 'artificial leathers', so it implied it should have been fine. Strangely, I just looked back and cant see anything but 'leather' mentioned now for both their products:

Q² LEATHERSHIELD EVO - GYEON
Q² LEATHERCOAT REDEFINED - GYEON

You said in your first post something about 'smoke' - so I wonder if you applied it to very hot seats?
I would leave it alone for a couple of weeks, then try some decent quality cleaning products - maybe someone can suggest something.

• Funny
Reactions: DanDi58 and ngng
For the record, you did start three threads:

Gyeon leather shield - smoke while applying?!
Gyeon Leather Shield Streaks in black seats?!

I guess the issue with a 'leather' coating is that leather is probably ok with having a bit of a 'shine' on it and leather will also absorb the liquid better.
The black matt 'vegan' leather on a Tesla would look terrible with a (patchy) shine.
I saw your first post and then your second and didnt bother responding because I suspected maybe you were spamming the forum - perhaps just user error and stress.
But I did check the GYEON site and product description and they did say it was ok for 'artificial leathers', so it implied it should have been fine. Strangely, I just looked back and cant see anything but 'leather' mentioned now for both their products:

Q² LEATHERSHIELD EVO - GYEON
Q² LEATHERCOAT REDEFINED - GYEON

You said in your first post something about 'smoke' - so I wonder if you applied it to very hot seats?
I would leave it alone for a couple of weeks, then try some decent quality cleaning products - maybe someone can suggest something.
Sorry, I was / am just a little concerned about my seat.