Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hankook new iON tire, an "EV" tire (not the same as Kinergy GT)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got these mounted!

PXL_20230424_180004678.jpg
Those are some rough looking rotors - they look like the rings of Saturn.

Reactions: outdoors
Would love to see the ION Evo summer tire here in North America. I don't need all season where I live and a bit more grip would be welcome.

We definitely need a California tire, agree! Rain is infrequent, and when it does rain, it dries up quickly afterwards. Snow and ice non-existent for 95% of the population, and it's as populous as Spain.

In USA there are almost no summer tires available which are Touring (oriented towards comfort & efficiency & quiet & good mileage warranty) vs max performance.

It's just like how USA gets no wagons ever while Europe does.

Reactions: XPsionic
is there an ion all weather tire?
"The iON products will initially be available in three designs at the market launch,

in Europe from May 2022 as the Hankook Ventus iON S summer tire pattern, and from September 2022 for the winter as the Hankook Winter i*cept iON.

The Hankook Ventus iON A tire will be available as an all-season version for the North American market. Further specific product designs are in the pipeline."

Do you all notice any range improvement with these?
So I had continentals contipro 19' - but so far not yet. I'm pretty sure once the tires are broken into, I'll have a better measurement/improvement. So far though, tires look great and more importantly feels good. As far as the road noise, i think it's a little better than the stock continental.

I have been seeing the same effective efficiency with the Hankook ION AS as I was seeing with my Goodyear Eagle Touring SCT.
That said, I have no complaints with the tires.

Usually new tires have worse efficiency (higher tread blocks which move more under load, and for first few miles, another less efficient compound coating), and are more quiet than older tires, all else being equal.

So same efficiency is a good sign.

Reactions: Traior