Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Mini dash display 5.16"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aah ok, that would be one thing to use it for, here we have no such thing as free charging and most, if not all CCS superchargers found in the Plugshare app is more expensive than Tesla SC.

Even a lot of the 11kw destination chargers charge you more per kilowatt than the Tesla superchargers.

Local petrol station chain currently charges $0.70 for a kilowatt on their 150 Kw super charger

What would be the reason to navigate to a ChaDeMo charger, does a US tesla support these ?

Here in Europe all Tesla's are born with only CCS / Type 2 chargeports, i dont think the ChaDeMo chargers will be compatible, and even if they are, they are on their way out. All new chargers being put up is only CCS, and whenever an existing multicharger (Older style with 3 connectors ...CCS, ChaDeMo, Type 2) they are usually being changed to CCS only chargers.

I see a lot of Nissan's here for sale on various car trader sites, and even if they are competitively priced compared to other cars in the same class and so on, they can just not be sold, because of the (here) outdated ChaDeMo charger.

its historic - older Model S/X could only charge via Teslas supercharger Type 2 protocol. If you wanted to charge at CCS stations you were out of luck. In Europe that was never a huge problem but i.e. in Australia supecharger coverage is/was sparse so many Model S/X users wanted to charge at CCS stations which often include/included chademo.

• Informative
Reactions: hmadsen
finally a new screen that doesnt look like it sucks on alibaba.... gui getting better too. and seems to have android auto and screen mirroring...
I just wish those chinese would learn that sometimes less is more....

doesnt seem to be on aliexpress yet.
Would be nice if the screen didn’t block AC and had some built in AC rerouting vent.

Reactions: richyrich
Looks like it sucks to me, and it has only the same info again that all the smaller screens have. It might be nice to have CarPlay, but it's not like we'll get AppleMaps EV routing, we're still driving a Tesla, what's the advantage of having CarPlay in a non-CarPlay car? Already got Podcasts and Apple Music streaming via Premium Connectivity, is all this just to get Waze on a screen in front of you that isn't your phone?

Reactions: richyrich
Looks like it sucks to me, and it has only the same info again that all the smaller screens have. It might be nice to have CarPlay, but it's not like we'll get AppleMaps EV routing, we're still driving a Tesla, what's the advantage of having CarPlay in a non-CarPlay car? Already got Podcasts and Apple Music streaming via Premium Connectivity, is all this just to get Waze on a screen in front of you that isn't your phone?

Waze (and highway radar). Essential in Australia.

I meant daylight savings adjustment for time of the day. Do you have to readjust time when daylight savings starts and ends?
Well yeah if ur time is off u need to readjust it but I don't think it has real time light adjustment. Im sure it has some arbitrary time it uses to switch between dark and light or unless it can get that info from the CAN Bus.

I was just talking about the time on the mini display. Will it always show the correct time in sync with the main display time? Or does it have its own built in clock which needs to be readjusted 2X a year to match daylights savings.

I know the display changes from light to dark mode in sync with the display.

I was just talking about the time on the mini display. Will it always show the correct time in sync with the main display time? Or does it have its own built in clock which needs to be readjusted 2X a year to match daylights savings.

I don't know the answer but i just wanted to tell you, i understood your question allright, the first time, so the "problem" here, was not you being vague or inaccurate in your question ;)

Well yeah if ur time is off u need to readjust it but I don't think it has real time light adjustment. Im sure it has some arbitrary time it uses to switch between dark and light or unless it can get that info from the CAN Bus.

theres lots of really cool information it COULD read out. but the chinese are all about prang. ugly guis doesnt matter to them as long as it looks like it does a lot.

I don't think it auto adjusts the time for daylight savings time. Personally I find the daylight savings time thing a PITA. No where else in the world does it swap + or - 1 hour during the year. I think they should just get rid of daylight savings time. The purpose of it is outdated and they should leave the time alone as is. I don't think its really a big deal about having to take 20 seconds to readjust the time in the settings.

I don't think it auto adjusts the time for daylight savings time. Personally I find the daylight savings time thing a PITA. No where else in the world does it swap + or - 1 hour during the year. I think they should just get rid of daylight savings time. The purpose of it is outdated and they should leave the time alone as is. I don't think its really a big deal about having to take 20 seconds to readjust the time in the settings.
We also do DST here in Europe.

Set time one hour forward in the spring, and one hour back in the fall.

Every year around the times we adjust, everyone talks about how annoying it is and the media talks about getting rid of it, but as soon as we are past and the clocks have been set, everyone seems to forget it.

My main problem is mostly that my internal clock gets screwed over every time they do this.

Then for atleast a couple of weeks i wake up 1 hour to early or late, because my internal clock normally wakes me up a few minutes before the alarm goes off.

No it doesn’t auto adjust. I had to move the time zone back on for Daylight Savings Time. I’m sure I’ll have to move it one forward come November.
It didn't auto adjust on my recent x-country trip either. it was kinda nice to have the display in Pacific, the Tesla in Mountain, and my phone and watch in Central all at the same time. The Tesla did switch, just not at the same point where the Apple products did.

Wow! Price is dropping fast, shoulda waited

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 9.36.54 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 9.36.54 AM.png
    318.1 KB · Views: 101
No it doesn’t auto adjust. I had to move the time zone back on for Daylight Savings Time. I’m sure I’ll have to move it one forward come November.
Sorry if you are talking about a different display, as there are 13 pages on this thread now (on my phone anyway), but if the display is like mine and connects via the main computer (ECU), then whatever is seen on the main display, is seen on the smaller screen, since they are both fed the same info.
Or has this thread taken a sharp left turn in the last few pages and you are discussing something entirely different than what was in the OP?