Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Happy Birthday AP 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No anger, just direct. "Many of us" hope the Tesla gets better, improves quality and service, becomes more open, more honest, and more focused without the un-necessary distractions.

As for quality - maybe I've had good luck but I have had a grand total of zero problems in 35,000 combined miles on two cars now. Admittedly I have a 2016 and 2017 and I purposely did not buy an X for my second Tesla (even though the tax write-off was sooo tempting) partly because of fear of quality issues. The X is much improved in 2017 over 2015. Given Tesla's trajectory with the S it seems reasonable to presume the X of 2018 will have even fewer glitches than 2017. Vehicles I've purchased from Infiniti and Mercedes that were first and second year cars in their generation both had tons of problems I had to get hashed out in the first couple years of ownership.

Service - again service has been fine for scheduled stuff (only one visit so far) so I don't have a sample. Tesla has clearly had some spectacularly crappy service experiences in the past. OTOH I also have had some crapola service with ICE cars. It does sound like Tesla's service is improving.

I thought it was going okay until an ill wind from the North blew in and snuffed the life out of the candles!
And I never got a piece of the cake! So disappointed.

Here you go. Gotta set an example for AP2.5 too.

upload_2017-10-19_11-38-27.png

What I dislike is how personal things have gotten recently. Like it is open season to insult people with a different opinion. This thread has several personal insults on it that are totally unnecessary.

Mind you, I don't think it is wrong to say e.g. I'm negative in many of my posts. Noting that is perfectly fine. Events have taken me to a place where indeed my Tesla contributions overwhelmingly (but not totally) are.

But grouping up on people, making fun of them or saying they should leave the place. I see no place for that here. So unfortunate.

To update the thread:

On topic -- One year post-announcement and no EAP features are enabled, HW2 doesn't do all that HW1 does, and there are no FSD features or further displays. At the time of announcement Tesla claimed on order pages that EAP was expected to be complete and downloaded in a software update in 12/16. Tesla maintained this claim on its order pages into 1/17. Tesla has since updated HW2 to HW2.5.

Off topic -- Several posters are trying to derail the thread and the moderators don't give a *sugar*. Apparently the "degradation" of the community marches on.

What I dislike is how personal things have gotten recently. Like it is open season to insult people with a different opinion. This thread has several personal insults on it that are totally unnecessary.

Mind you, I don't think it is wrong to say e.g. I'm negative in many of my posts. Noting that is perfectly fine. Events have taken me to a place where indeed my Tesla contributions overwhelmingly (but not totally) are.

But grouping up on people, making fun of them or saying they should leave the place. I see no place for that here. So unfortunate.

Okay I'll modify it - some folks should leave the place - or change. I don't say that lightly but 182 comes out of nowhere over and over to whack people with the insult stick. Blader is exasperating but he contributes. You are - your own beast - let's not make this about you. But as for 182 - yes - the forum is better off without people like that here. They truly poison the atmosphere. Somebody changed the term "cocktail party" to a vulgar sexual reference ("circle jerk") - their post history shows overwhelmingly they post personal cutting insults, sarcasm and open disgust for the moderators - and you, @AnxietyRanger say there is "no place" for suggesting a person like that should leave. Well there is a place in my opinion and I just did. I don't think it's just "getting personal" - it's people starting to fight back to reclaim this club as a place where friendly conversation can happen.

What would it take for you to suggest someone should leave? How vulgar do we get? How nasty the insults? What percentage of one's posts devoted to insults? If you think the forum is better off with someone like that here - well we can disagree. And saying it's just up to the moderators is a cop-out. They're busy also - one of them is a full time physician, for example.

FYI I am not dead inside (nor employed in the car industry at all), so I do find these kinds of comments hurtful.

For the record, I do not really think you are dead inside, but the joke doesn’t work if I don’t use the ever use the ever present forum contrarian as a punchline once and a while ... jokes have some truth in them, so yes I do get annoyed with your never ending negativity spread throughout threads and find you to be disingenuous about your motives or (lacking of insight into your motives at best) but what the hell do I know l? you could be a 400 pound man sitting on his bed with his computer, but I just more imagine you as a svelt bespectacled man in Germany with a contract from Audi and a heavily bookmarked copy of Sun Tzu’s Art of War. Anyway, I’d like to stop short of being mean about it in the off chance that you don’t have ulterior motives. Now, back to the thread. Cheer up

Wow. Lighten up guys.

Hey, he's all about the butter and shrimp. Throw in a little garlic and it's all good. That's big over here. Sure, it's not fish and chips, or bangers and mash (who makes up those names, BTW?), but it it's OURS.

Add a little linguine (AKA linguini) and it can't be beat.

Now, play nice or it's gonna be a real food fight!

What bullies do is often fun to others watching. Too bad about the target.

Look, I don't mind people analyzing members or discussing their arguments. That's fair game. Some of the analysis about me, for instance, perfectly fine IMO.

In this instance (#41) I was only a butt of a joke and that's IMO inappropriate and unfortunate. #74 is just otherwise insulting, given that I have no involvement in the automotive industry (no contracts, no jobs, no investments).

When you make another person the butt of your joke and that's all you say in the message, maybe it would be better left unsaid.

I'll tell you what, @calisnow, I'll logoff now. Perhaps you're right. I'll refrain from TMC, from posting, reading, reviewing. I'll be back in June of 2018 to reevaluate the then-current state of Tesla and make an ownership decision then. Good luck.
I thought in the United States, freedom of speech and expression is strongly protected from restrictions by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.