Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone actually heard the blind spot chime yet???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is not working, even though I have unmuted the navigation. I even tried merging into a lane when the line was red (indicating a car in the blindspot), as I heard the chime may only be activated while attempting to merge into the next lane when there is a car in your blindspot. That didn't generate the blindspot chime either.

Any of you out there have the blindspot chime working successfully???

Thanks.

I did. AP should not be engaged and besides that you should change lanes pretty aggressively (according to the car) that it feels like cutting of the other car. The lane lines should not only turn red, but also the car your passing should be turning red in your center display. The chime is a short 'beep'. At first I didn't even notice the sound and a few minutes later realized it was the Blind Spot chime I heard.

I had it go off - I wasn't even trying to make a lane change (or at least, not another one) - had just merged into the right lane from the on ramp, still had the left turn signal on, when someone started to pass in the lift lane, right in my blind spot - got the red line and icon on the touchscreen, and the chime - got my attention fast, though not in a surprise panic kind of way. More like "oh yeah, ain't that slick". ;)

Tesla should update this to have 2 levels of chimes. A short, softer chime when you flick on your signal and theres a car in the adjacent lane and a longer/louder chime with steering wheel vibration when the car detects you are trying to change lanes. Right now, its the latter (without the vibration), but imo thats not the best blind spot chime usage

BINGO... exactly!!!

I heard it on 2 occasions, both happen when the car is in your blind spot and difficult to spot or approaching you at a high rate - so clearly it's not just a proximity warning but it's an actual AP safety feature.

I also like the idea of a two-stage alert: vibrate the steering wheel when the turn signal is engaged (similar to lane departure warning) with someone in the blind spot and a chime when you actually cross the lane.

Yes! I did yesterday while existing an off-ramp. A car behind me in the left lane was hauling down the ramp. While the car was still safely behind me, I hit the turn signal to go left. The chime went off. An usual chime, quite different from the other audible alerts. I still merged over and the car behind me slowed down.

Also, today I noticed a car on the right turned red on the screen when it was near me and I intended to change lanes. No chime though as that car was also changing lanes to the right of me.

I’ve had my model 3 for three weeks now (970km). I find that checking the driving display for blind spot vehicles is extremely unintuitive. The sensors are there....how difficult would it be for Tesla to develop aftermarket mirrors with blind spot warning for Luddites like me.

If only Tesla could invent the technology to put a warning light INSIDE the left and right mirrors themselves....maybe one that is yellow for a warning and turns red for an alert. Then they could find a way to tie a loud, audible warning that goes with the little red and yellow indicators.

The entire auto industry would be turned on its head....