Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Has anyone broken through the contracts/paperwork "freeze" yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Future Houston Owner, I guess technically am an owner since the car is fully paid for. Monday I was told my car was in CA in a staging lot being prepped for shipment. Got VIN confirmation and delivery date appointment yesterday for 8/22 @ North Houston. I'll start bugging the service center late next week to see if they can speed the delivery up.

From all the traffic here I imagine there will shortly be a convoy of trucks carrying Teslas running on I-10 to Texas.
Whoohoo, T-minus 14 days and counting.
Someone just posted in the Texas Hold Up thread that their 8/21 date is getting moved up. Think you might be in luck

wanted to update everyone - my payment portal had opened up on 8/2. i paid immediately and my ISA called to schedule delivery on 8/15. the austin delivery center received the car earlier this week so i now have an earlier delivery date, tomorrow 8/10! hoping there are no big issues!
giphy.gif

Reactions: CrazyCoconut
How is everyone getting their updated MVPA? The one on my account is still showing the incorrect loan amount (I asked to update the amount after they initially created it) but the down payment screen is now reflecting the correct amount for me to pay. Since I haven't heard back from my ISA in over 2 weeks I'm not going to pay my down payment because I have no MVPA for the credit union to pay the loan.

Info below:

reserved: 6/15/16
configured: 6/27/18
ISA contact: 7/6/18
last contact with ISA: 7/25/18

I told my ISA last week that I would be willing to move up my date if possible, so now I am picking up the car tomorrow! So excited!!!
Great news.

I would also like to hear from anyone picking up at Houston North SC. Was delivery smooth? Did it happened date/time as scheduled?

(I am carving time out of my work schedule, so want to know how firm the delivery date/time is.)

wanted to update everyone - my payment portal had opened up on 8/2. i paid immediately and my ISA called to schedule delivery on 8/15. the austin delivery center received the car earlier this week so i now have an earlier delivery date, tomorrow 8/10! hoping there are no big issues!
I'll be curious as to what the experience is at the Austin delivery center. I am picking my car up there tomorrow afternoon!

Do let us know! I've read too many horror stories on the FB group. I have to believe that the majority of people have no issues.

I was happy with delivery. I spotted one issue on the front bumper where they needed to apply touch up paint, then an issue with the passenger side mirror black plastic trim piece that looked like it was a separating a bit, and for some reason they didn't have auto-pilot installed.

They touched up the bumper, then ordered a new trim piece where they said they'll schedule time for a ranger to come to my house to replace, and they pushed auto-pilot to the car before i drove away. overall as i didn't find any panel gap issues and nothing that i would refuse delivery for, the car really is amazing as it is very different than all the other ICE cars I've had in the past!

I was happy with delivery. I spotted one issue on the front bumper where they needed to apply touch up paint, then an issue with the passenger side mirror black plastic trim piece that looked like it was a separating a bit, and for some reason they didn't have auto-pilot installed.

They touched up the bumper, then ordered a new trim piece where they said they'll schedule time for a ranger to come to my house to replace, and they pushed auto-pilot to the car before i drove away. overall as i didn't find any panel gap issues and nothing that i would refuse delivery for, the car really is amazing as it is very different than all the other ICE cars I've had in the past!
How long did your delivery take? Did you feel like the Service Center people are in a hurry to push you out of the door, or did you have plenty of time to inspect your car and ask questions?