Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone broken through the contracts/paperwork "freeze" yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently waiting for my contract at delivery... For some reason they changed it to third party financing even though I applied and was approved through Tesla (US Bank). Kids are here because wife has to sign docs. We're on borrowed time as nap time approaches! Going on an hour so far. Smh

So far my Tesla premium experience has been anything but premium. Delays, pulling information from Tesla rather than being provided information, more delays, poor slow communication even when pulling information out of my Tesla assigned rep. Running out of time on my loan to take delivery. I had a VIN back on 7/11, have been waiting since 7/19 for the "contract" and will be waiting 2 weeks longer to get the vehicle, if I understand the process correctly. That also assumes it doesn't change or get delayed yet again once I get to that point. The North Texas delivery issues in this forum are not at all encouraging. This isn't even a discount experience at this point, to consider this premium is a joke.
It would appear to be poorly managed at best. Thus far the buying experience and customer service I would not recommend and unfortunately I would not recommend anyone buying anything from Tesla. I hope the actual product lives up to the reputation that used to exist for Tesla. It may be the only thing that can save Tesla in my experience and I want Tesla to succeed.

• Informative
Reactions: Holmern
So far my Tesla premium experience has been anything but premium. Delays, pulling information from Tesla rather than being provided information, more delays, poor slow communication even when pulling information out of my Tesla assigned rep. Running out of time on my loan to take delivery. I had a VIN back on 7/11, have been waiting since 7/19 for the "contract" and will be waiting 2 weeks longer to get the vehicle, if I understand the process correctly. That also assumes it doesn't change or get delayed yet again once I get to that point. The North Texas delivery issues in this forum are not at all encouraging. This isn't even a discount experience at this point, to consider this premium is a joke.
It would appear to be poorly managed at best. Thus far the buying experience and customer service I would not recommend and unfortunately I would not recommend anyone buying anything from Tesla. I hope the actual product lives up to the reputation that used to exist for Tesla. It may be the only thing that can save Tesla in my experience and I want Tesla to succeed.

As much as Tesla deserves a lot of this blame, the fact that we are not allowed to purchase these vehicles in the state of Texas definitely complicates things. Hopefully this will change next time the house is in session but I am not going to hold my breath.

With that said, my experience has been pretty straight forward so far. Longest part was waiting for the MVPA but still not bad.

As much as Tesla deserves a lot of this blame, the fact that we are not allowed to purchase these vehicles in the state of Texas definitely complicates things. Hopefully this will change next time the house is in session but I am not going to hold my breath.

With that said, my experience has been pretty straight forward so far. Longest part was waiting for the MVPA but still not bad.

I totally agree about the Texas legislative challenges that seem to only exist for the benefit of someone other than the consumer. Glad to hear that your experience is not mirroring my own.

Reactions: Holmern
Got my contract 4 days before delivery. Paperwork seems to be timely. I got the contract day after I gave them my financing information. Signed and sent back today. They have to sign and return to me. Forwarding what I have to the credit union so they can be ready to go.

Reactions: LonestarV
I totally agree about the Texas legislative challenges that seem to only exist for the benefit of someone other than the consumer. Glad to hear that your experience is not mirroring my own.
According to Texas legislators (and dealer owners) it is to protect the consumers. That's probably why nobody ever gets screwed at car dealerships and there is never a need to haggle on price..

• Funny
Reactions: ℬête Noire
Houstonian here.

I received my MVPA this morning and the payment section opened up on the Tesla website. This exactly a week after my ISA reached out to me via phone.

I went ahead and did the downpayment this morning via the website (ACH). My ISA said she would fill out and submit the dealer funding request form I sent over once the MVPA was drafted/signed (Financing through USAA). Is there a way to check the status of this on the website? The next steps just say "Prepare for delivery"

Assuming USAA doesn't screw everything up - Is it safe to assume I can expect my car by the end of Aug or beginning of Sept?

Houstonian here.

I received my MVPA this morning and the payment section opened up on the Tesla website. This exactly a week after my ISA reached out to me via phone.

I went ahead and did the downpayment this morning via the website (ACH). My ISA said she would fill out and submit the dealer funding request form I sent over once the MVPA was drafted/signed (Financing through USAA). Is there a way to check the status of this on the website? The next steps just say "Prepare for delivery"

Assuming USAA doesn't screw everything up - Is it safe to assume I can expect my car by the end of Aug or beginning of Sept?
I'd say so. I submitted final payment on Monday and I'm picking up the car next Thursday.

Update on my stuff.

Code:
Reserved: 5/23
Customized: 6/29
MVPA: 8/6
Loan + Down Payment Submitted: 8/6
Delivery Date: ?

They are waiting on my wire transfer and down payment to post to the Tesla account and said they would schedule a delivery date. Previously they had said my car was shipping to the SC and was scheduled to be there on 8/6 (even though I hadn't paid). When I spoke to my Tesla rep on Monday, he told me that my car was scheduled to be at the service center on 8/14. So I'm not sure if the previous thing he told me was wrong, or if he was just saying it so I would stop bothering them. I'm hoping for a phone call today to schedule my delivery.

Update on my stuff.

Code:
Reserved: 5/23
Customized: 6/29
MVPA: 8/6
Loan + Down Payment Submitted: 8/6
Delivery Date: ?

They are waiting on my wire transfer and down payment to post to the Tesla account and said they would schedule a delivery date. Previously they had said my car was shipping to the SC and was scheduled to be there on 8/6 (even though I hadn't paid). When I spoke to my Tesla rep on Monday, he told me that my car was scheduled to be at the service center on 8/14. So I'm not sure if the previous thing he told me was wrong, or if he was just saying it so I would stop bothering them. I'm hoping for a phone call today to schedule my delivery.
Where are you taking delivery? It seems there are a lot of us taking delivery from the 14th to the 17th in TX. I'm North Houston SC and just confirmed my car is supposed to arrive there on the 14th or thereabouts (delivery scheduled for 17th).

Where are you taking delivery? It seems there are a lot of us taking delivery from the 14th to the 17th in TX. I'm North Houston SC and just confirmed my car is supposed to arrive there on the 14th or thereabouts (delivery scheduled for 17th).

I'm in the DFW area, so I'm taking delivery at the Cedar Springs Rd (Dallas) center. I'm hoping I get a call soon to schedule my pick-up, but so far I haven't heard back yet. Will update once a delivery date is scheduled.

Reactions: LonestarV
I finally got my MPVA yesterday evening. Sent the ACH and notified Alliant to sync with Tesla for the payment.

Got a reply from my ISA today asking for Alliant to provide proof of funding, then he would get the car shipped.

Not sure I will catch the “once a month” boat to Texas, so who knows when delivery will be.

BTW, VIN is 33XXX so it probably has been just sitting on a CA parking lot this whole time. Hard to believe.

I finally got my MPVA yesterday evening. Sent the ACH and notified Alliant to sync with Tesla for the payment.

Got a reply from my ISA today asking for Alliant to provide proof of funding, then he would get the car shipped.

Not sure I will catch the “once a month” boat to Texas, so who knows when delivery will be.

BTW, VIN is 33XXX so it probably has been just sitting on a CA parking lot this whole time. Hard to believe.

Glad to hear that. Hopefully you see some movement soon. My VIN is 37XXX, so I'm assuming mine has enjoyed some Cali sunshine for a while, too.

Future Houston Owner, I guess technically am an owner since the car is fully paid for. Monday I was told my car was in CA in a staging lot being prepped for shipment. Got VIN confirmation and delivery date appointment yesterday for 8/22 @ North Houston. I'll start bugging the service center late next week to see if they can speed the delivery up.

From all the traffic here I imagine there will shortly be a convoy of trucks carrying Teslas running on I-10 to Texas.
Whoohoo, T-minus 14 days and counting.