Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone broken through the contracts/paperwork "freeze" yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long did your delivery take? Did you feel like the Service Center people are in a hurry to push you out of the door, or did you have plenty of time to inspect your car and ask questions?

they gave me plenty of time. my delivery was 10am, i had to do a work call at 10am so got a late start for the orientation which they had no problem waiting for me. they allowed me as much time as i wanted to walk around no rush at all and everyone was super nice.

• Informative
Reactions: CrazyCoconut
Still no VIN for you CrazyCoconut?
Unfortunately no :( P w/ PUP and Black interior have been left out to dry it appears...
pubchart

Apparently getting a Tesla to Austin is an insurmountable task, as the delivery date is supposedly pushed back to 8/28. Again, no contact at all until the day before delivery. The only reason the delivery assistant replied at all is because I escalated the call to Tesla generic support. I didn't even ask for anything crazy.

2 months since VIN assignment, 1 month since they first told me it would be delivered.

Apparently getting a Tesla to Austin is an insurmountable task, as the delivery date is supposedly pushed back to 8/28. Again, no contact at all until the day before delivery. The only reason the delivery assistant replied at all is because I escalated the call to Tesla generic support. I didn't even ask for anything crazy.

2 months since VIN assignment, 1 month since they first told me it would be delivered.
I feel like this is Texas in general, not just Austin :(

I look forward to joining you all in this rollercoaster of frustration soon. I just edited my config from AWD/Red/White Interior to RWD/Red and immediately was asked to enter my loan info. So it would seem I'm close to getting the request to submit payment and then hear nothing for ages

I have just been waiting for the MVPA to show up so my bank can wire the funds. Car has been produced sitting in transport hub waiting for them to give the go ahead to ship.

This is a really long thread which I have tried to skim. Does anyone have any suggestions to make any progress?

Thanks.

I have just been waiting for the MVPA to show up so my bank can wire the funds. Car has been produced sitting in transport hub waiting for them to give the go ahead to ship.

This is a really long thread which I have tried to skim. Does anyone have any suggestions to make any progress?

Thanks.

TL;DR ... Expect the MPVA to take 2 - 4 weeks.

Pro Tip: Make sure all the financials on your account page (loan amount, deposits, etc.) are all correct or you will get an incorrect MPVA once you do.

Thanks.

I would continue to politely email them daily for an answer. Especially if you have already paid for the vehicle.

I would continue to politely email them daily for an answer. Especially if you have already paid for the vehicle.

My delivery adviser does not answer email, and has a full voicemail. She only communicates the day before you're supposed to have your delivery. I've had the contract for almost a month, paid in full a month and a half ago. I've had a VIN over two months now. The first delivery date was set in stone, "your delivery will happen on this date". The second was a latest possible delivery date, "the latest date we will deliver is x". Now the delivery date is listed as a tentative date, "Your new tentative date will be August 28th."

I'm not opposed to waiting for things to happen, I've been waiting since 2016 for a long range RWD model 3, but just give me a rock solid delivery date. Still trying to figure out how an American made fully electric car doesn't qualify for a tax incentive when foreign made hybrid Toyotas do. Way to go Texas, backwards as usual, and I work across the parking lot from the people who made that decision. Sigh.

Congrats! Any build quality issues? Did you have enough time to inspect your car or did they rush you out?
Had as much time as I wanted to. There were scuff marks on a trim piece and a couple of pinhole size paint issues in places you can't really see. Overall it looked great. They told me to come back whenever I wanted and they would replace the trim piece. I was actually the only one taking delivery at 3:30 and they said mid day deliveries are usually just one at a time so that was nice.

Oh and outside of meals I have just been joyriding this thing around looking for red stoplights. It is insane how much fun it is. Also, the aero wheels look REALLY good on pearl white. Can't wait to go out and drive some more tomorrow! Since you are in Austin just send me a pm where you are at and I'll take you for a spin sometime this week/weekend if you want.

• Funny
Reactions: CrazyCoconut
Had as much time as I wanted to. There were scuff marks on a trim piece and a couple of pinhole size paint issues in places you can't really see. Overall it looked great. They told me to come back whenever I wanted and they would replace the trim piece. I was actually the only one taking delivery at 3:30 and they said mid day deliveries are usually just one at a time so that was nice.

Oh and outside of meals I have just been joyriding this thing around looking for red stoplights. It is insane how much fun it is. Also, the aero wheels look REALLY good on pearl white. Can't wait to go out and drive some more tomorrow! Since you are in Austin just send me a pm where you are at and I'll take you for a spin sometime this week/weekend if you want.
Nice! Might have to take you up on it :)

Just a quick data point about MVPA's. I know they have been a problem, especially during "contract hell". Yesterday I had contact from IDA and scheduled delivery for 8/24. IDA was very nice in saying Tesla will not draft the final MVPA until 24-48 hours before delivery. She said only then could I provide that to my CU for loan funding. I kindly requested I get it earlier so I can get check in hand @ delivery; she respectfully said that was not possible with Tesla's current policy. So, I smiled and moved on. Guess what, I got my final MVPA tonight - signed, sealed and delivered. Two points: 1) contract hell have have finally frozen over and 2) be patient even if they tell you they won't send a MVPA till right before delivery - it just might come the next day.

Update from Houston. North Houston SC left a voicemail with me yesterday to say they have me on the books for the 22nd. The would call again to confirm once the car has arrived.

Told me to call back if I had any questions.

Maybe they are getting better (or more organized) at the communications around deliveries.

Reactions: LonestarV
Update from Houston. North Houston SC left a voicemail with me yesterday to say they have me on the books for the 22nd. The would call again to confirm once the car has arrived.

Told me to call back if I had any questions.

Maybe they are getting better (or more organized) at the communications around deliveries.
Is that a confirmation of your delivery date or a change?