Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone used Tesla Finance in Australia?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderators note:
May I remind all forum members that calling other members names such as fool or dirty scoundrel, even in jest, is against forum rules.
I think all parties have expressed their views and I will not be so hands off from here on if this thread continues with its current tone.

My apologies too. I had also had a couple when duty called.
This is what CorneliusXX means by "Duty Calls" ...
Duty.png

I am using it for 2 reasons;

1. The only way to guarantee the buy-back at the 37th month, and
2. Their interest rate on the financed amount was 5%, which was quite competitive in my shopping for a better deal.

At the time, did the actual monthly payments/rate offered match what is presented on Tesla's website?

ie, if they state $50k downpayment, $1800 per month and a $80k balloon (hypothetically) did it turn out that this matched what their finance team via Macquarie offered?

Looking at Macquarie's car loan quote site, the rates offered are significantly higher (ie, 6.4% vs 4.99% on Tesla's site today).

Comparing a novated lease to what Tesla indicate on their site, the Tesla deal looks very attractive. Even taking into account a reasonable opportunity loss for the deposit, Tesla look attractive with the bonus of the buy-back guarantee.

At the time, did the actual monthly payments/rate offered match what is presented on Tesla's website?

ie, if they state $50k downpayment, $1800 per month and a $80k balloon (hypothetically) did it turn out that this matched what their finance team via Macquarie offered?

Looking at Macquarie's car loan quote site, the rates offered are significantly higher (ie, 6.4% vs 4.99% on Tesla's site today).

Comparing a novated lease to what Tesla indicate on their site, the Tesla deal looks very attractive. Even taking into account a reasonable opportunity loss for the deposit, Tesla look attractive with the bonus of the buy-back guarantee.

My rates matched those given on the Tesla site in April/May. I heard there was a rate change coming in June but am not sure if it has happened yet.

It did from last I looked, went from 4.75% to 4.99% and also reduced the resale guarantee rates by a few %. Who was it that matched the rates for you?

Mine was direct with Macquarie/Tesla, so the rates advertised were exactly what I got in the end.
At the end of the day it'll all be slightly different depending what you do with the down payment and balloon.

Reactions: ND100 and bradjc

Macquarie offers a special rate for people buying Teslas so you can ignore the regular rate.

• Informative
Reactions: ND100