TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Has Tesla stopped 8.0 updates?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by sbtz, Oct 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JPUConn

JPUConn Active Member

Picked up a loaner yesterday Vin 24k S85 (pre-ap) and it was still running 7.1.

Mind you this car practically lives connected to the service center wifi.

Didn't think I'd say it but I do like the interface on 8 better as it feels more modern and I've gotten used to it.

2. JClu

JClu Member

Sounds like it's time for me to bug my SC again about it.

3. JPUConn

JPUConn Active Member

I was already on 8, but it's part of the courtesy inspection when in for service. This is from today.
    IMG_7090.jpg

4. JHellow

JHellow Member

Yes, Tesla actually called me to tell me when the push was occurring so I could check. No coincidence. They don't like or want to do a push like this unless the car is already in the cue for the push. Mine was not and they complained about doing it, but in the end they did it. I was about to go on a long trip with the car and reminded them that the incident in Florida likely would not have occurred with V8 in an AP1 vehicle.

5. livingthedream

Thanks for the confirmation! Sounds like I just need to keep nagging, and maybe use the safety reason. BTW, per TeslaFi (not on ev-fw yet) 2.42.40 is out!! Looks like only 3 cars in Asia have it so far, though.

6. JClu

JClu Member

Went to my local SC this afternoon. They were able to "manually" install the latest (2.42.40) version of 8.0. :D

According to the service technician, apparently my MS has been trying to download 8.0, presumably via home Wi-Fi. But somehow it was stuck at 90-some% completion and the connection was interrupted. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense because shouldn't the car be connected to the AT&T LTE network anyway? *shrug* Oh well, I'm just glad now I have 8.0, and hopefully this latest version has fixed the bugs reported by people earlier.

7. sbtz

sbtz Member

Just got the 8.0 (2.42.40) update! Maybe they're starting up again?

So far, so good - but then again, I'm not a USB media-player user...

8. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Interesting! I'm on 2.40.21, thought it was always the latest (i guess not!).

9. Chaz

Chaz Big Kahuna

I just got my first update and it was 2.42.40.

• Informative x 2
  10. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

I think media player gave them temporary pause. But as if yesterday, someone received an 8.0 update update that addressed some of them.

11. supratachophobia

There you are are!

12. sillydriver

sillydriver Member

I just got an update notice and am installing it right now. I have the final 7.1 so I assume it's 8.0. I've been an 8.0 skeptic because of reports on TMC, but I take heart that Elon tweeted there's an 8.01 release coming, although I assume what I am installing is not yet it.

13. sbtz

sbtz Member

Not to splinter this thread, and maybe it belongs in the dedicated 8.0 thread, but I've been really pleased with it. AP is so much smoother, and for me at least, the map/camera always on top-half is intuitive. I'm very happy with the improvements to Slacker (easier navigation between stations) and the Radio (more accessible favorites) too.

• Like x 4
  14. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

Me too . I've been bugging them almost weekly begging them to unstage 8.0 so I don't get the software install nag dialog every morning.

15. doctorwho

doctorwho Active Member

I've just installed v8 this morning, suddenly the media player can't see the HDD I've been playing flac files from site v6

16. supratachophobia

Oh great.....

17. supratachophobia

Agreed.