Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Tesla stopped 8.0 updates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up a loaner yesterday Vin 24k S85 (pre-ap) and it was still running 7.1.

Mind you this car practically lives connected to the service center wifi.

Didn't think I'd say it but I do like the interface on 8 better as it feels more modern and I've gotten used to it.

I was already on 8, but it's part of the courtesy inspection when in for service. This is from today.
IMG_7090.jpg

I've asked no less than 5 times and was told they couldn't do anything. Did you get confirmation it was initiated by them? Any chance it was coincidence? Any special reasons you gave them?

Yes, Tesla actually called me to tell me when the push was occurring so I could check. No coincidence. They don't like or want to do a push like this unless the car is already in the cue for the push. Mine was not and they complained about doing it, but in the end they did it. I was about to go on a long trip with the car and reminded them that the incident in Florida likely would not have occurred with V8 in an AP1 vehicle.

Yes, Tesla actually called me to tell me when the push was occurring so I could check. No coincidence. They don't like or want to do a push like this unless the car is already in the cue for the push. Mine was not and they complained about doing it, but in the end they did it. I was about to go on a long trip with the car and reminded them that the incident in Florida likely would not have occurred with V8 in an AP1 vehicle.

Thanks for the confirmation! Sounds like I just need to keep nagging, and maybe use the safety reason. BTW, per TeslaFi (not on ev-fw yet) 2.42.40 is out!! Looks like only 3 cars in Asia have it so far, though.

Went to my local SC this afternoon. They were able to "manually" install the latest (2.42.40) version of 8.0. :D

According to the service technician, apparently my MS has been trying to download 8.0, presumably via home Wi-Fi. But somehow it was stuck at 90-some% completion and the connection was interrupted. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense because shouldn't the car be connected to the AT&T LTE network anyway? *shrug* Oh well, I'm just glad now I have 8.0, and hopefully this latest version has fixed the bugs reported by people earlier.

I picked up my car two weeks ago and am still on 7.1 (which is apparently not a bad thing at all) -- it seems like the flow of 8.0 updates has either slowed to a trickle or stopped altogether, perhaps due to all of the complaints and issues?

Has anyone gotten an 8.0 update within the past couple of weeks?
I think media player gave them temporary pause. But as if yesterday, someone received an 8.0 update update that addressed some of them.

I just got an update notice and am installing it right now. I have the final 7.1 so I assume it's 8.0. I've been an 8.0 skeptic because of reports on TMC, but I take heart that Elon tweeted there's an 8.01 release coming, although I assume what I am installing is not yet it.