Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Service Center experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
nanimac:
Thanks for letting us know about the roadster. I had it briefly and was only able to do a lunch time errand, but they finished my MS a lot faster than they thought, so I didn't get to take it home. Luke was kind enough to offer to let me take it home overnight, but I thought that I would let someone else take their turn. Such a huge difference from the MS! It was fun. It gets noticed. The MS seems too comfortable in comparison. But for old guys like me, getting in is hard and getting out of the car is even more ridiculous (picture a roach lying on its back wiggling all of its legs).

Back on topic after the gymnastics of entering and exiting a Roadster.

I had another wonderful service center experience today. Received a heads up that my baby was due for her Annual checkup. Scheduled and delivered. Luke had a loaner charged and washed for me. Left Tessie Too for the day and expected to not get her back before tomorrow. Jeff called, texted and emailed me that Tessie Too would be ready no later than 2 the same afternoon. They even tweaked a couple of extra things. Just like they said, she was ready.

I've been around car repair, dealers, repair shops and body shows for 50 years now. Until Tesla Motors, I never worked with anyone that when they said they would get something in or something done, it was a promise that they kept. Using this word, WOW, seems such an understatement, so insufficient to describe what they do. But its what they do every day, every time. To Tesla and the staff at the service center, they don't even make a big deal out of what they do. To them, its what they do on a regular basis. WOW.

The loaner was a Silver S85, Pano, Tech and Parking Sensors. Nice car. Well, that's not fair really. I dare you to find a Tesla that is NOT a very nice car. And even though I had this Silver 85 for only a few hours, I really missed by RED one. I missed the Air Suspension far more than I would have thought. Glad to really get my own back.

So my husband had to bring his car in to MB to get a nail removed from his tire. He text to say he's waiting for his car. I replied "So they're not giving you a better car as a loaner or offering to drive you to work and then bring your car to you when it's done? They suck :p" :wink: He said they offered to shuttle him anywhere...lol

Great reminder that us Tesla owners are extremely spoiled :)

image.jpg

So I get to drive this around today while they're doing my alignment. :smile:

They also had had to check my UMC as I was getting charging fault messages at home. It was just a faulty cord.

I started to get the low tire pressure warning last week. I was able to fill the rear passenger tire up and still drive around for the past week. However, yesterday, as I was leaving work, I got the Very Low Tire pressure warning which told me to pull over the side of the road. I managed to fill the tire up and get home. However, driving to work today, the Very Low Tire pressure warning came on again. When I got to work, I saw that the rear passenger tire was going flat. So I called for Roadside Assistance this morning. I asked me if I was safe. Fortunately, I was already at work. They made arrangements for a flatbed tow. But Jimmy at the Hawaii Service Center called me after he got the email. Since two of the guys were going out to deliver a MS to the docks, he had them bring a spare. Then they were able to drive my MS back to the SC. At my request, they replaced both rear tires (the front ones are going to need to be replaced but not at this time). They did their usual excellent service and got my MS back to me before the end of my work day. Awesome service as usual. The only thing I didn't get to do is to go to the SC and see the new MS being prepped. I guess I will need to go out there to have my front tires changed and check out the new deliveries. I may need a loaner so I want to try a 85D if they have one as a loaner.

I started to get the low tire pressure warning last week. I was able to fill the rear passenger tire up and still drive around for the past week. However, yesterday, as I was leaving work, I got the Very Low Tire pressure warning which told me to pull over the side of the road. I managed to fill the tire up and get home. However, driving to work today, the Very Low Tire pressure warning came on again. When I got to work, I saw that the rear passenger tire was going flat. So I called for Roadside Assistance this morning. I asked me if I was safe. Fortunately, I was already at work. They made arrangements for a flatbed tow. But Jimmy at the Hawaii Service Center called me after he got the email. Since two of the guys were going out to deliver a MS to the docks, he had them bring a spare. Then they were able to drive my MS back to the SC. At my request, they replaced both rear tires (the front ones are going to need to be replaced but not at this time). They did their usual excellent service and got my MS back to me before the end of my work day. Awesome service as usual. The only thing I didn't get to do is to go to the SC and see the new MS being prepped. I guess I will need to go out there to have my front tires changed and check out the new deliveries. I may need a loaner so I want to try a 85D if they have one as a loaner.

Good or to hear the service is still top notch ;)
Did they determine the cause of the leak? Punctured tire I'm assuming?

When I had my flat, (continentals) I was just getting off work. I filled the tire up at the service station next to the stadium and got into rush hour traffic headed to the SC on Nimitz. the air in my tire lasted until the pearl city court area. Just AFTER the last air machine. I took a chance and got up on H1. fortunately there was a FSP truck on the on-ramp. the SC replaced the tire (w/Michelin) under the hazard warranty and gave me a discount on my front two tires because they were almost ready to replace but still had miles left on them. I ended up replacing my 4th tire (a continental) because it had a big Divot in the sidewall. (No road hazard replacement because it did not actually fail)

After a long day of Cars & coffee and running errands I found myself in Kapolei low on charge. I decided to stop and grab a quick charge at the Service center so I wouldn't be searching for and sitting at a public charger for 5-6 hours. (20 Miles/hour charge) after all I had my dual chargers to charge up to 60 Miles/hour with the 50 AMP service. after having my car two years it was time to use what I paid for. nope. as the Miles/hour ramped up they hit 30 and stayed there. What? that is the max for a single charger, but I have dual chargers. So instead of being there 1-1/2 hours I was there for 3. At least it is better than 5.

One more thing to have checked for my second annual maintenance checkup.