Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm currently trying to do a LED headlight retrofit on a 2013 P85. I need help finding the wiring harness part number for the headlights on a 2017 Model S. I have the headlights on hand and would like to try to change the harness out and reprogram the vehicle vs opening the headlight and rewiring them or buying an emulator. I dont know if this has been attempted before (swapping the harness and reconfiguring the vehicles configuration) I know someone has tried playing with pin layouts but that's about it. I did buy an extra 2017 LED headlight & 2014 HID to take apart and play around with on the bench. So if it comes to it I'll make it work! :) if some can aid in locating the wiring harness part number or has access to the wiring diagram I would greatly appreciate it and will do a solid write up for the retrofit after all is done! Thanks everyone!
Original-OEM-16-17-Tesla-Model-S-LED-Headlight-Complete-w-Ballast-Module-LH-112702673691.jpeg

I would like to avoid using an emulator if possible. I want to see if I can get this to work using OEM parts first, rewire second, and last option will be the emulator.

It honestly should just be as easy as changing a harness and the vehicle configuration.

Reactions: Rockwell
I would like to avoid using an emulator if possible. I want to see if I can get this to work using OEM parts first, rewire second, and last option will be the emulator.

It honestly should just be as easy as changing a harness and the vehicle configuration.
Any luck getting this to work? I have the newer headlights so appreciate any feedback.