Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help Fight the FUD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Tesla blamed the driver" - LIE. False

The one customer they profiled is a scumbag who tried to hide the accident that damaged the suspension, but Tesla told him to take a hike, backed by their telemetry data. And Reuters conveniently ignores that and makes him as a poster child for "Tesla blames their customers". hit piece.

Reuters then makes up a story of unrelated warranty claims all bundled into, "Teslas are dangerous, suspension bad" story.

Last edited:
Reactions: willow_hiller
"Tesla blamed the driver" - LIE. False

The one customer they profiled is a scumbag who tried to hide the accident that damaged the suspension, but Tesla told him to take a hike, backed by their telemetry data. And Reuters conveniently ignores that and makes him as a poster child for "Tesla blames their customers". hit piece.

Reuters then makes up a story of unrelated warranty claims all bundled into, "Teslas are dangerous, suspension bad" story.

Things Tesla's response does not say:

1) The 5% defect rate cited in the article is inaccurate.

2) We have never charged customers for replacements of parts we knew to be defective.

3) We have never told service employees to push repair costs onto owners.

Btw, the bigger story here is Tesla admitting that they've had suspension issues fixed on at least 2.5% of all Teslas made (real failure is probably higher). That's an absurdly high failure rate on a safety critical component.

They admitted to having suspension NOISE issues, not safety issues, read the post. I am assuming you are not a Tesla owner, you'da heard the noise, perhaps your a Tesla hater? Not casting aspersions on your integrity, but your writing is pretty heavy handed, makes me think maybe you're trolling.

Reactions: Electroman
It does seem that the media and many of the FUDsters have been seeing more of the reality of EVs than the made up crap we were hearing from them. Sure Consumer's Reports is still cockeyed, r/RealTesla is still full of haters, but I have also read a bunch of fair and balanced stuff, some of it not even on Fox News. And the success of NACS this year and the general acceptance of EVs in the market, it's been lots of good news

I know very little about Ben Shapiro and quite frankly couldn't care less. I always usually enjoy listening to Elon and Ben seems to be asking some good questions here. Sometimes it's best to take content for what it is and not let your biases cloud your judgement.

But Ben does show the video content selectively, like they discussed, "Media chooses what to highlight." Luckily, you can cut and paste an Elon interview many ways without distorting his north star, so long as it's his words.