TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Helpful Glass Cleaner Tool

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Francis Lau, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

With the fogging issue I experienced, I decided to clean the insides of all windows couple of times and this tool really made the job easier. I thought I share.
    GlassCleaner-(3).jpg

GlassCleaner-(1).jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, how do I edit my typo in the thread title? It should be "Helpful"

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

And here I was hoping to see a really hot product.

3. Babylonfive

Babylonfive Power12

#3 Babylonfive, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
    Francis, it would really help if you could tell us: what that product is called, where it's sold, who makes it, what it costs... etc.

David

---------- update

Had some picture issue, fixed now, so I now see the brand and name. Where did you find it?

David

4. Arnold Panz

Arnold Panz Model Sig 304, VIN 542

Funny, I just bought this yesterday! I bought it at Advance Auto Parts. I imagine it would be at any normal auto parts store.

5. Babylonfive

Babylonfive Power12

Here's two I found on Amazon. Thanks Francis, as I never knew these existed.

windshieldcleaner.PNG

6. PattyChuck

PattyChuck P6703 VIN4080

I just received the Windshield Master from Amazon on Friday. Although I don't have a Model S yet, it really was nice in my other car. I bought it over the Stoner based on the reviews (although there are some negative reviews on the Windshield Master).

7. rcsting

rcsting Member

I use the Stoner and it works very well. It helps clean the lower corners of the front windshield on my current car which is hard to reach.

8. Ceilidh

Ceilidh Member

Did the multiple glass cleanings have a significant effect on the amount and frequency of fogging?

Cheers.

9. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

They have for me -- absolutely -- until I reached about 1500 miles or so (1 month after delivery). The off-gassing that is creating the coating on the windshield seems to have died down for me. It still fogs up when I have a large human load in the car, but nothing more than any other car I've had.

10. Ceilidh

Ceilidh Member

Thanks for the report. Reassuring to hear.

Cheers.

11. bbmertz

bbmertz Model S: P4909

Will any standard window cleaner work (e.g., Windex) or did you use a specialized product?

12. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

I used an ammonia-free streakless window cleaner, which is water-and-alcohol-based.

13. Dan5

Dan5 Member

I use this stuff made for plasma tvs and a microfiber cloth, it works great

14. bbmertz

@FlasherZ, thanks for your response. I plan to try Sprayway glass cleaner which received great reviews on Amazon (also available at Target) along with the aforementioned Windshield Master tool from Amazon.

15. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Is that Invisible Glass product the same thing? It seems to be from their description.

16. strider

strider Active Member

I've done several cleaning w/ Invisible Glass (don't have the tool, I just put the rag on the top of my hand to wipe the bottom of the windshield) and after a month of ownership the fogging has decreased a ton. Just good 'ole petroleum distillates!

17. MikeK

MikeK R#129, TSLA shareholder

Thanks! I've been putting up with fogging on my windshield because it's such a PITA to clean a highly-sloped windshield. I will get one of these immediately!

18. bbmertz

Pardon me if this sounds like a stupid question, but how did you or Francis avoid window streaking when using these tools? I used the Windshield Master tool last weekend, and it became saturated with Sprayway cleaner after the cleaning the first window and streaked all the windows once wet. Do you need to use the tool to clean the windows, followed by a dry towel to wipe away any residual fluid? If so, it seems like the tool is unnecessary, since you need to wipe down the windows by hand with a towel anyway.