Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Helpful Glass Cleaner Tool

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the fogging issue I experienced, I decided to clean the insides of all windows couple of times and this tool really made the job easier. I thought I share.
GlassCleaner-(3).jpg

GlassCleaner-(1).jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, how do I edit my typo in the thread title? It should be "Helpful"

Did the multiple glass cleanings have a significant effect on the amount and frequency of fogging?

Cheers.

They have for me -- absolutely -- until I reached about 1500 miles or so (1 month after delivery). The off-gassing that is creating the coating on the windshield seems to have died down for me. It still fogs up when I have a large human load in the car, but nothing more than any other car I've had.

They have for me -- absolutely -- until I reached about 1500 miles or so (1 month after delivery). The off-gassing that is creating the coating on the windshield seems to have died down for me. It still fogs up when I have a large human load in the car, but nothing more than any other car I've had.

Thanks for the report. Reassuring to hear.

Cheers.

I've done several cleaning w/ Invisible Glass (don't have the tool, I just put the rag on the top of my hand to wipe the bottom of the windshield) and after a month of ownership the fogging has decreased a ton. Just good 'ole petroleum distillates!

I just received the Windshield Master from Amazon on Friday. Although I don't have a Model S yet, it really was nice in my other car. I bought it over the Stoner based on the reviews (although there are some negative reviews on the Windshield Master).

Pardon me if this sounds like a stupid question, but how did you or Francis avoid window streaking when using these tools? I used the Windshield Master tool last weekend, and it became saturated with Sprayway cleaner after the cleaning the first window and streaked all the windows once wet. Do you need to use the tool to clean the windows, followed by a dry towel to wipe away any residual fluid? If so, it seems like the tool is unnecessary, since you need to wipe down the windows by hand with a towel anyway.