Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Here it is the new Tesla Maps ( coming this weekend? )

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
surprised to see 5 mi vampire drain last night (usually 2 mi), followed shortly by the thought that it _might_ be the new maps. Pleased to be greeted by the new nav beta notification when I got in the car. Hopefully 2018.14 isn't far behind.

So I haven't received the new maps (no notification nor updated sultry navigation voice) but I do have "Navigation by TESLA" and '2018 Google maps' in the bottom right corner of the maps screen.

Anyone else notice this?

IMG_3147.JPG

Got the Nav beta notice Friday morning about 3 days after I go 2018.14. Was on strong wifi. Literally had to have my wifi extender next to the car and aimed at the right hand mirror lol.

Nav is much better. Faster rerouting, smoother, vehicle arrow is off slightly in come instances.

How can I get rear cross-traffic warning on my Tesla S? When I back from a side-by-side parking lot, I watch my rearview camera display, but I would like to have something better, like most new luxury cars have these days.

You mean like the ones on Toyota Corollas and Nissan Sentras? Keep dreaming, Tesla is too focused on FSD and boring tunnels underground LOL

• Funny
Reactions: CalBlue 85D
So I haven't received the new maps (no notification nor updated sultry navigation voice) but I do have "Navigation by TESLA" and '2018 Google maps' in the bottom right corner of the maps screen...

As far as I can remember, it always said that. The underlying Navigon (or whatever in other regions) brand, and whatever source for traffic was used, was never exposed to us. It always said - Navigation by Tesla on the center console when navigation was running.

not sure how accurate this is but........I called into roadside assistance the other day for another issue and asked if they could push the maps over for me since i've been running 2018.12 for a bit......after some going back and forth they came back and said they cannot and it is being rolled out in CA 1st and then headed east.......roughly 5k cars per week so they estimate 6-month rollout......seeing that i live run NC i now lowered my expectations for the new maps for quite a while

• Informative
Reactions: croman
not sure how accurate this is but........I called into roadside assistance the other day for another issue and asked if they could push the maps over for me since i've been running 2018.12 for a bit......after some going back and forth they came back and said they cannot and it is being rolled out in CA 1st and then headed east.......roughly 5k cars per week so they estimate 6-month rollout......seeing that i live run NC i now lowered my expectations for the new maps for quite a while

Yay for living in CA! Sure, sure, we have sky high taxes and absurd cost of living, but at least we get Tesla updates faster!