Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

highest VIN number in production?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, I thought this was progress- it seems everyone is now seeing this "entered into production queue" instead "sourcing parts". They probably did this to give the appearance things are speeding along. Why do I feel every action Tesla does is to please shareholders or prevent something from hurting their stock. Their actions even down to this verbiage change just tell me they really strategize this because they are a public company.

Why do I feel every action Tesla does is to please shareholders or prevent something from hurting their stock. Their actions even down to this verbiage change just tell me they really strategize this because they are a public company.

Probably because you're anxious about getting your car and overanalyzing everything. (It's ok, I understand). It could just be that they decided to rename "sourcing parts" to "entering production queue".

Or, I know this is crazy so stay with me on this: maybe all of those cars really are entering a production queue--whatever that means.

Yep, I thought this was progress- it seems everyone is now seeing this "entered into production queue" instead "sourcing parts". They probably did this to give the appearance things are speeding along. Why do I feel every action Tesla does is to please shareholders or prevent something from hurting their stock. Their actions even down to this verbiage change just tell me they really strategize this because they are a public company.

It seems to me that the new message is more accurate. They are obviously not sourcing parts for the whole time it sits in that status. For all we know they decided to make the change because customers were asking their DS if it really took that long to source parts.

My dashboard changed this morning to "In production: the factory is building your Model S". VIN is 50309 with delivery scheduled 9/13. However, they have told me they are prioritizing my order due to an upcoming extended trip lasting into Q4, so my change may not be representative of other. VIN's. I am, however, wishing all my fellow waiters a speedy delivery.

Now that's interesting. Im 48036 and I'm still in the queue. Are they producing in order?

I am not aware of my order being prioritized in any way. Hopefully this means that you will begin production any time now.

Watch out for queue jumpers :)

I'm 6 feet tall and can't touch the bottom of the net of a basketball hoop. Clearly, I'm not jumping over anything :smile:

My dashboard changed this morning to "In production: the factory is building your Model S". VIN is 50309 with delivery scheduled 9/13. However, they have told me they are prioritizing my order due to an upcoming extended trip lasting into Q4, so my change may not be representative of other. VIN's. I am, however, wishing all my fellow waiters a speedy delivery.

Congrats Isnetman on entering production! On a side note, my status changed to "In production: the factory is building your model S" 5 days ago and has not changed. My DS says the production process is taking about a week at the moment (I would assume for quality control).

Hold on, they prioritized your order because you have a trip coming up? I also have a trip coming too and Tesla is not accommodating me. No happy to see that, but good for you.

VIN 50984

Hold on, they prioritized your order because you have a trip coming up? I also have a trip coming too and Tesla is not accommodating me. No happy to see that, but good for you.

VIN 50984
When the original delivery date was offered by Tesla, it was done knowing of my travel plans. They had every opportunity to schedule at any time but they agreed that the September 5th date was fine. With the recent delays they offered to prioritize the delivery rather than deliver after I returned the first week of October. Perhaps it was to meet Q3deadlines, I don't know.

My car, RHD, took nearly 2 weeks "in production" . This was within days of the new production line opening. It was complete on the 20th August. It went into production on the 6th August. I guess at first the line was really slow, and then QA. Hopefully it means I will eventually get a flawless Signature! Mind you, we don't have a launch date much less a delivery date for Australia yet.