Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Assistant Integration(s)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone that doesn’t like the wait for the car to turn on to unlock a cable, I programmed a Shelly Button (stuck to wall) with HA so when pressed indoors the car turns on and unlocks the cable by the time I get out to it.

I have my button set as:

1 press = opens/close garage door
2 press = unlocks charge cable
3 press = might set this to external ‘fart’
Long press = multiple automations on the car
To add to this, I have also set a Hue Button long press to also unlock to charge cable (couple of seconds quicker).

Reactions: Medved_77
To add to this, I have also set a Hue Button long press to also unlock to charge cable (couple of seconds quicker).
That's a brilliant idea and something I'm definitely going to add!

The next automation I'll be adding is unlocking the front door when I get home. There are quite a few options for this though and I can't decide if I use the Tesla location or maybe check if it's connected to my wifi network. How have other people done this?

I'm planning to build a smart mirror over xmas, so have a dashboard prepared to control the home elements already and am now looking to add elements from the car to the existing dashboard.
Due to some aesthetical differences of opinion, I didn't get approval at home for the smart mirror. Compromised with a wall mounted tablet instead.

1673970770519.png

Currently using Hue buttons to control a Tado radiator valve in the conservatory which allows the kids to heat that room without mobile app control. Hadn't thought of using the Hue button to send commands to the car. Will see if it's required, one of the ideas with the tablet is that it's centrally mounted, turns on when it detects motion and can send the command to wake and then open the charge port.

• Love
Reactions: KennethS and Ozboz7
Due to some aesthetical differences of opinion, I didn't get approval at home for the smart mirror. Compromised with a wall mounted tablet instead.

View attachment 896705

Currently using Hue buttons to control a Tado radiator valve in the conservatory which allows the kids to heat that room without mobile app control. Hadn't thought of using the Hue button to send commands to the car. Will see if it's required, one of the ideas with the tablet is that it's centrally mounted, turns on when it detects motion and can send the command to wake and then open the charge port.
Im currently using a Echo Show 15 inch for testing. Considering putting it on my wall. Can get loads on it being 15 inch. Put cameras, Octopus IO, Tesla stats, heating, Easee, and helpful home stuff etc.

Im currently using a Echo Show 15 inch for testing. Considering putting it on my wall. Can get loads on it being 15 inch. Put cameras, Octopus IO, Tesla stats, heating, Easee, and helpful home stuff etc.
If you go that route, check out Fully Kiosk Browser from the play store.

Allows the device to be locked down (if you wish) so that HA can't be exited. Also has the ability to turn device on when motion is detected. Not familiar with the Echo Show 15 so maybe that function is already available?

If you go that route, check out Fully Kiosk Browser from the play store.

Allows the device to be locked down (if you wish) so that HA can't be exited. Also has the ability to turn device on when motion is detected. Not familiar with the Echo Show 15 so maybe that function is already available?
Amazon added Fire TV to the Echo Show 15 recently and youre able to side load apps. I have put Fully Kiosh on there and runs great. Motion worked but doesnt turn the screen off, just black. But have set an automation that has Alexa silently tell the show to turn display off and comes on with motion.

I was stuck for ages connecting the MQTT from Teslamate to Homeassistant and it was the stupidest error (considering I work with containerised applications for a living), posting in case it helps someone else.

Remove the hashes in the docker-compose file next to the ports under MQTT. Otherwise you nothing is being broadcast out to your local network, by default its disabled.
Its always the stupidest errors that you never consider and go round the houses troubleshooting things that aren't relevant :D

Once done the MQTT add on in HA worked a charm. Now to make some automations and some dashboards!

• Helpful
Reactions: KennethS

View attachment 896705

Where did you get the wall mount from?

Jeez, I must be a real dinosaur! I still have a key that unlocks the front door, manual on/off light switches & sockets and a set & forget timer on the central heating. Even lighting the wood burner is still a manual job.

We do have mood lighting. I get in a right mood when I have to go round turning the lights off that SWMBO leaves on 😂

Even our Alexa seems to have just one task; to play The Archers podcasts while SWMBO is ironing!

We do have mood lighting. I get in a right mood when I have to go round turning the lights off that SWMBO leaves on 😂

This is my living room light switch :)

qpvaWq_1VDxPCtklnIINJX6AVeKPmZYTdJertjDRVeRIh0f-_1y78ysUvNyv-Go4j_sxv1EmIYf6z4S5WacRZea3xwOucSHgqd6USBV6UPQQwcqjKGNDMlCrC0mSWBwNs6f8zmGpDHnbw1ygr-z3VfnYpntlcEemmmmhOqzIn2L-3jcZ8p4b8CBjUVgGs0T_5hiziY_uVcDdU-97LpyQxY2byE9w4xtvoflvPkSMq4XUD2AtZvHZIABpeYZDHXrSEdA6aemZ-ukE_y0yfYUVB9nurh2DVdRAr5FDn_y6yoa4Ex9jIZd1zCUEckgKDrDmkxM3X2yWEzqC1mpIP4pXAMCM_PSbHqoj4zMXkxfVsQpqTlEcqPcJBcAcQHTkFSrEhED8FPg64HqUB1EfM6d1-laG2yi7tmi1jQQjOjt9Lo9Wgu_cHNp1BCrDfpKHrQptMKfHjtB3Hums5Rq8lgHCq24pFSl5CEXI2GwY6pvI72hiJN9oAt2mGFr3Rehr0bpXK3N_crUPYGdrNfqnvUj92UefLkcF2qeQk9f889Z1m3SSZNTlPxjjwdlX3yLUrSyxsYzXAoC-iT37wZQJp2IjnxRw_yPt_2HEO5XMG3NaOenPPzw0uCTznXHC1Zi3YhXXJ6xDYv7un_KV6kVrAW_4LiGRW73Smi1K-cyng8yY2974g6KylclupxrYVQ7bkAjAXwwGHc-yzI95Zct-vvN1uo8g-uUMnbr8J_JwPIMohHgSIhC3CwtsTTdbF5F2iYtyrPU9FMI1Qs3DQDLUXy0jB1PY7a3vwLaMdC7S4imYFxB4QAEOamwDnrN9MOhaxd2uyl4JVfJa9Od-LEghhJrY05XW8yMn6XgTAmMld6KxC1wTcK0WOKdxcuVNk2F8zPzl7Csc3WQbWVmnX4lOcDQdnWAf0P7vGGF55uZ7kuTOuffi5N6aOARaX54mD_iRtEjZB8EdpvgYot6-IdcTYgA9Og=w960-h1279-no

Looks extreme but I've relocated a smart switch elsewhere in the room which connects over LAN so it just stops people turning the lights off at the wall which makes the smart switch dumb.

Even our Alexa seems to have just one task; to play The Archers podcasts while SWMBO is ironing!

With Home Assistant you could plug the iron into a smart switch. When that smart switch detects it's drawing current you could create an automation to send a request to Echo device to automatically to play the Archers!

• Funny
Reactions: Dilly
This is my living room light switch :)

qpvaWq_1VDxPCtklnIINJX6AVeKPmZYTdJertjDRVeRIh0f-_1y78ysUvNyv-Go4j_sxv1EmIYf6z4S5WacRZea3xwOucSHgqd6USBV6UPQQwcqjKGNDMlCrC0mSWBwNs6f8zmGpDHnbw1ygr-z3VfnYpntlcEemmmmhOqzIn2L-3jcZ8p4b8CBjUVgGs0T_5hiziY_uVcDdU-97LpyQxY2byE9w4xtvoflvPkSMq4XUD2AtZvHZIABpeYZDHXrSEdA6aemZ-ukE_y0yfYUVB9nurh2DVdRAr5FDn_y6yoa4Ex9jIZd1zCUEckgKDrDmkxM3X2yWEzqC1mpIP4pXAMCM_PSbHqoj4zMXkxfVsQpqTlEcqPcJBcAcQHTkFSrEhED8FPg64HqUB1EfM6d1-laG2yi7tmi1jQQjOjt9Lo9Wgu_cHNp1BCrDfpKHrQptMKfHjtB3Hums5Rq8lgHCq24pFSl5CEXI2GwY6pvI72hiJN9oAt2mGFr3Rehr0bpXK3N_crUPYGdrNfqnvUj92UefLkcF2qeQk9f889Z1m3SSZNTlPxjjwdlX3yLUrSyxsYzXAoC-iT37wZQJp2IjnxRw_yPt_2HEO5XMG3NaOenPPzw0uCTznXHC1Zi3YhXXJ6xDYv7un_KV6kVrAW_4LiGRW73Smi1K-cyng8yY2974g6KylclupxrYVQ7bkAjAXwwGHc-yzI95Zct-vvN1uo8g-uUMnbr8J_JwPIMohHgSIhC3CwtsTTdbF5F2iYtyrPU9FMI1Qs3DQDLUXy0jB1PY7a3vwLaMdC7S4imYFxB4QAEOamwDnrN9MOhaxd2uyl4JVfJa9Od-LEghhJrY05XW8yMn6XgTAmMld6KxC1wTcK0WOKdxcuVNk2F8zPzl7Csc3WQbWVmnX4lOcDQdnWAf0P7vGGF55uZ7kuTOuffi5N6aOARaX54mD_iRtEjZB8EdpvgYot6-IdcTYgA9Og=w960-h1279-no

Looks extreme but I've relocated a smart switch elsewhere in the room which connects over LAN so it just stops people turning the lights off at the wall which makes the smart switch dumb.

With Home Assistant you could plug the iron into a smart switch. When that smart switch detects it's drawing current you could create an automation to send a request to Echo device to automatically to play the Archers!
She’d never cope 😂

Bought an Aqara two band (four switch) via Ali Express for around £12 and configured this today within Home assistant and installed the physical switch in the front hall.

Button 3: Lock Car
Button 4: Unlock Car
Button 4 double press: Open charge port

Seems to work well. Button 1 and 2 are for letting the kids know via Alexa TTS that they have visitors 😆

Connected to HA using Zigbee2MQTT. Tried to find a blueprint to save setting up an automation for each action but couldn't find one that worked.

Here's the switch:

1681407651734.png

Images of automations attached if anyone wants to copy or suggest improvements.

Attachments

• 2023-04-13_18h49_50.png
    2023-04-13_18h49_50.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 2023-04-13_18h49_30.png
    2023-04-13_18h49_30.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 2023-04-13_18h49_09.png
    2023-04-13_18h49_09.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 76