Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many people got a "problem-free" Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No.. they just got the attention of the youngsters. That is a good start, but that alone is not enough

Agreed, that's all they have from me at this point. I certainly wouldn't have the patience for a vehicle that has the quality problems like the X has. It seems older generations either accept it or rationalize it or I don't know what. I personally don't think my generation would put up with it.

Since the OP wanted to know if there were ANY satisfied owners, I will report for my daughter, since she is not a reader of TMC. I drove her X the other day for the first time, so I will say that I have not gone over the car with a fine toothed comb. Be that as it may, I have never gone over any car with any comb.

My daughter or her husband or any of the four kids have never complained about anything wrong. Once she texted me about the rear door not being locked to kids. I told her where to find the child door lock switch, which was off. That's about it. She has VIN 29** (since you all like *). She has, in a month, racked up 2500 miles. She was a little scared about doing a supercharger trip to LA, 400 miles, but reports that it was super easy.

Almost. I have had the X for about 3 weeks. The only issue I could find was a parking sensor (right front) that was seeing ghosts. Repaired yesterday. All is well now. All of my previous cars had issues upon delivery. Buicks, Porsches, Lexus. They all strive for perfection, but caca occurs. Very satisfied.

Reactions: 1 person
Almost. I have had the X for about 3 weeks. The only issue I could find was a parking sensor (right front) that was seeing ghosts. Repaired yesterday. All is well now. All of my previous cars had issues upon delivery. Buicks, Porsches, Lexus. They all strive for perfection, but caca occurs. Very satisfied.

When I was a kid and my father got a new car, he would always start compiling a list of things that weren't right to get fixed when he took it in. The list was never all that long and nothing serious was ever on it, but there was always some little thing that wasn't right.

My Buick was the same. I bought it in 1992 and it still runs fine. But there were a few minor issues early on. The only one I can think of is the brake pedal squeaked in warm weather. It still does, they never managed to fix it and I just lived with it. It only happens when temps get up around 90F.

A car is probably the most complex pieces of machinery most people will ever own. There are lots of parts that all have to work with one another and quite a few of them need to move in concert with other parts. It's amazing there are as few problems as there are with all cars from all makers.

Agreed, that's all they have from me at this point. I certainly wouldn't have the patience for a vehicle that has the quality problems like the X has. It seems older generations either accept it or rationalize it or I don't know what. I personally don't think my generation would put up with it.

I don't know one way or the other, but my first inclination is to think about this as the difference between people on the bleeding edge of adoption (innovators especially, and early adopters), vs. early majority.

From one point of view, even Model 3 will still be innovators in the adoption of electric vehicles (first few % of market).

The way I think about it, even of the % is lower than "standard" for the adoption curve, Model 3 adopters after the first 6 months or 50k cars or so, are definitely into the Early Adopters category, and most everybody with the $1k deposit is out into Early Adopters.

A characteristic of Innovators and Early Adopters for a given technology (and especially Innovators), is that they can and do see around and through imperfections. I don't say that as a good or bad thing - it's just a thing. Also worth noting that people aren't Innovators or Late Majority in everything all the time - I know I can't reasonably classify myself as anything but an Innovator (driving a Roadster for 3 years now, including up and down the west coast), but I'm Late Majority on cell phones (and grudging at that!).

It might be a generational thing, but if so, then it sort of implies that the younger generation is going to be more resistant to adopting new technology while it's still imperfect and being improved.

I'm hoping and expecting that Model 3 will be much better than the previous vehicles on initial vehicle quality, and I'm hopeful that it will be solid and reliably - all that Roadster / S / X experience available to inform what makes things reliable, and what makes them less so :) I wouldn't bet on it - at least not for the first big pile of deliveries (considering the speed of the ramp - 6 months or 10-20k cars). (Not to say the initial build quality won't be good - only that if it's a must have, then I suggest also baking a delay into your own personal order to allow the Innovators have the initial build quality ups and downs at the beginning).

View attachment 182219 My Model X vin 61xx was nearly flawless on delivery, 2 minor paint spots (from transport). I'm having ZERO drivability issues, a second row seat latch warning showed up couple of times but has always reset on its own. It's a joy to ride, I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. I had the sunshade up when I first got it, but took it down yesterday, so much better without it, I did get my windows tinted and like to precondition the car before driving, so heat hasn't been much of a bother.

Does anyone know if Tesla will ever fix that 2nd row seat latch warning??

On it, will let you know how it goes.

Update: Feeling a little nauseous and my Nest Protect is warning me of excessive CO2 levels. Otherwise everything is going well.

Update: The Tesla's AC compressor blew out the windows of the MDX.

Update: Gonnna go to sleep...feel very tired now zzzzzzzzzzz

ROFL if there was one :) This pretty much sums up the Tesla experience, the highs and the lows of it :)

Got the seat latch warning for the first time when I picked the car from service today. I just moved the seats back from the touchscreen and all is good
As long as the blue button on the screen resets it then it is working properly. The problem some of us were having was that it was not going away after pressing the latch button on the alert.

I notice that one of my 2nd row seats does not stop until it hits the 3rd row while the other stops right before impact
My second row has never hit my third row. When folding my third row down while second row is all the way back, the press of the third row latch release makes my second row move forward to make room for the third row to fold down.