Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many people still waiting for delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it's been two weeks for me . Worst customer experience so far . No idea where my car is . How many people in same boat ?

I ordered new inventory on 9/17 from Florida (I'm in California).

Originally told delivery would likely be 9/23 or 9/24. Then it was 9/30. Now being told some time 2nd week of Oct.

So I don't think it just you.

Ordered 9/20. Car was in the Northeast, and is now apparently in transit, but my DS is either unresponsive or more likely completely swamped. Either way, I haven't been thrilled with the process. It's been really disappointing, and has tempered my excitement quite a bit.

I'm hoping my car shows up sometime this year, at this rate.

I'm sure Tesla is overwhelmed. Now that the quarter is over hopefully they will be more responsive. I expect they will do a better job of prepping the cars too. It might be a good thing your car wasn't delivered last quarter.

My first car was delivered late. I got over it. I'm waiting for a car to come from San Francisco. They said 2 weeks. It will depend on the logistics. I probably have a better shot than Tarball because more trucks are going from California to Chicago than from Florida to California. Arizona shouldn't take that long though.

Good luck though. It will be worth the wait. Better than the 11 weeks for my first car.

Worst part I signed the paper yesterday so I am paying for that car everyday that I don't have :)

Ouch - I was told that I'd have to do that, but then they turned around at the last minute and said that it came came straight from the Mountaintop that they wouldn't/shouldn't be doing any of that. Given your location, how could it be that your SC didn't get the memo?

Don't know what happened to you. That's pretty bad for an inventory car. Sorry.

Basically they forgot about the car for 5 weeks. I was asking for updates every week and they went: "2-4 weeks," "1-2 weeks," "late next week or early next," "this week," "by 9/30 for sure" - then basically "oops we forgot to ship it, it hasn't moved since 8/24."

Basically they forgot about the car for 5 weeks. I was asking for updates every week and they went: "2-4 weeks," "1-2 weeks," "late next week or early next," "this week," "by 9/30 for sure" - then basically "oops we forgot to ship it, it hasn't moved since 8/24."

What were they telling you, in terms of on/off-truck status during those weeks?

What were they telling you, in terms of on/off-truck status during those weeks?

They kept saying it was scheduled for transport. I'm pretty sure they never told me it had actually shipped. Eventually they determined that some glitch in the system made it look like it had been assigned a transport, when in fact it had not. So if I had not kept kept pestering up until the end, they would not have been aware that it was never going to move. At least that's how I understood what they told me. They were always very nice about it. I just think Tesla's usual infrastructure was totally overwhelmed at the end of the quarter.

They're now telling me it has left NJ, but with a 3rd party shipper they dont usually use, so they do not have their usual ability to track the truck/vehicle. So at this point I'm not sure they know when it will be here until it actually shows up.

They kept saying it was scheduled for transport. I'm pretty sure they never told me it had actually shipped. Eventually they determined that some glitch in the system made it look like it had been assigned a transport, when in fact it had not. So if I had not kept kept pestering up until the end, they would not have been aware that it was never going to move. At least that's how I understood what they told me. They were always very nice about it. I just think Tesla's usual infrastructure was totally overwhelmed at the end of the quarter.

They're now telling me it has left NJ, but with a 3rd party shipper they dont usually use, so they do not have their usual ability to track the truck/vehicle. So at this point I'm not sure they know when it will be here until it actually shows up.

That's awful. I hope yours arrives soon. I was just told yesterday that it was "in transit," but MyTesla still shows my demo/inventory car as "production complete," so I'm not sure what's going on.