Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many people still waiting for delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We all should send an email to Mr. Jonathan McNeill. looks like they don't care about customers. never call back to give an update.

dhh12 did you get any reply back from him

Send a letter

Not an email

No reply but I did have someone from Freemont call me after my email - But think a letter will require a response in the corporate world.

Eh, best to double check. I had delivery on 09/28/16 and I think they were in a bit of a rush as they missed some rather obvious stuff. For example:

1) Glove box doesn't work - button broke the first time I used it.
2) Scratch on body panel
3) Front bumper has paint/top-coat flaws - had the car detailed just to make sure this wasn't something that would come off. Nope, it's the paint.

There were also a couple of minor issues but the above were items that should have been taken care of before the car left the factory.

Attachments

• body-panel-scratch.jpg
    body-panel-scratch.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20161006_161254033.jpg
    IMG_20161006_161254033.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 73
Sounds like it's hit or miss. Ordered mine last Wednesday. Arrived in Chicago from San Francisco today. Ready for pickup Saturday. I have always found the Highland Park people to be very capable. Maybe I also got lucky because there was a truck heading from CA to Chicago at the right time.

Sbtz, how did your delivery go?? It looks like we will pick ours up in the very near future.

Delivery went well. I had to wait a bit past my appointment time, and it was clear that they rushed the car into the delivery bay. No Tesla gift-bag for me, and the whole experience was a bit cold, but I can't complain too much when I'm driving off in a P90DL. :D:D:D

Overall, this is probably the poorest car buying experience I've had. Every Tesla employee I came across during this deal had great intentions and were genuinely trying their best to help (I think), but just did not have the process(es) behind all of it to make it a truly top tier experience. (last 4 cars have been BMWs)

Good luck to the rest of you still waiting... I'll be here waiting to see your delivery posts and pictures!
IMG_3428.png
IMG_3435.png
IMG_3425.png

Overall, this is probably the poorest car buying experience I've had. Every Tesla employee I came across during this deal had great intentions and were genuinely trying their best to help (I think), but just did not have the process(es) behind all of it to make it a truly top tier experience. (last 4 cars have been BMWs)
Agreed. My past cars have all been BMWs and the Tesla experience definitely lacked in comparison. The car is awesome and makes up for it but Tesla needs to figure some stuff out or they'll have issues once there is more EV competition.

I purchased an inventory 75D on 9/27 in the evening with a down payment on my credit card at the store in Pasadena. The car was was located in West Los Angeles area, they promptly shipped it to Burbank Distribution Center at no charge. Picked it up less than 48 hours later.
They were anxious to get the transaction done by the end of Q3. Great inventory price reduction and the car had 23 miles...essentially brand new. Super easy transaction from start to finish. I had absolutely no problems with the sales and delivery.

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

75D inventory car Delivered this past weekend. So glad to have it home. Only Issue was something had scratched the drivers mirror paint. Should get fixed here soon I hope. Had 21 miles on it. Sticker said it was manufacted in Aug/2016.

Reactions: sbtz
Ba2002, what a bummer! We ordered ours about the same time as you with the same frustrations but we are now seeing "the light at the end." Our P85 is now at the SC and should be ready for delivery in the next few days. Unforunately the panel by the charge door had to be repainted so it delays my wrap/Opticoat timeline until it cures.

So how many people are still waiting To get delivery ?

::Raises hand:: Tentative Saturday ... in Cleveland ... if the car was delivered this past Saturday and they can get it ready in time

I also have to say as an owner of a BMW, even my used buying experience was great. I understand this was a fire sale by Tesla for Q3 but they need to have a plan for the Model 3. They will never be able to support the levels. This was a great test to show where their faults are.

::Raises hand:: Tentative Saturday ... in Cleveland ... if the car was delivered this past Saturday and they can get it ready in time

I also have to say as an owner of a BMW, even my used buying experience was great. I understand this was a fire sale by Tesla for Q3 but they need to have a plan for the Model 3. They will never be able to support the levels. This was a great test to show where their faults are.

Same here. A week before EOQ I was told the car was local. I was OK with not getting it before EOQ as long as the Terms stayed the same. It turns out it was still in Fremont, CA and it is being transported now. Also found out my DS took the week off and is supposed to be back today and only found out about when I sent him message and got his automated reply.