Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW2.5 even after April 12th build date

Do you have HW3 build date after April 12?

• Yes

Votes: 44 50.6%
  • No

Votes: 43 49.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But Elon said that all cars as of 4/12 will have HW3 at the investor’s conference so going back to using HW2.5 would make it appear as if Elon lied to us. If they have truly gone back to using HW2.5 without providing any communication to customers to let them know this really does not make Tesla look good. At some point when the CEO tells you something it has to mean something.
4C88FDF6-280E-4619-8300-5E8FD62DB47A.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricEel
that's a potential dealbreaker for me, since I'm not getting FSD but I think it might help with resale down the road. I have it documented in the email so hopefully they'll install it for me/ due bill if not.

Have you heard of anyone getting HW3 listed on a due bill for any purchases?

Serious question because it’s good for you if you can lock it down.

My prediction is in the case you don’t have HW3 Tesla would just say it’s not used so no due bill.

You can try and return the car and roll the dice again but I think the benefits are dubious. Reason is below:

The “new” AP is far less capable than the old “EAP” and a reason for this is Tesla wants to guarantee that all the HW2.5 cars floating around doesn’t generate lawsuits for delivering non FSD capabilities.

Reactions: P85_DA
At this point, I think it's dependent on country and battery size. Most LR owners are reporting HW3 regardless of location, and some Canadian SR+ owners are reporting HW2.5. My best guess is that Tesla is putting their spare HW2.5 modules in the lower range models to save money.

I need a fremont factory insider like @GigaGrunt ;) to give us an answer as far June US SR builds.

I guess I'll know soon enough if I check out the USB video file right.

I need a fremont factory insider like @GigaGrunt ;) to give us an answer as far June US SR builds.

I guess I'll know soon enough if I check out the USB video file right.

Cars being built currently have either 2.5 or 3.0 in them. What's the difference currently? FSD isn't available. If you buy FSD now, and have a car with 2.5, you get the new hardware free. If you don't buy FSD and have a car with 3.0, its useless....doesnt increase resale value. If you pay more for a used car based on that alone....then I have a bridge to sell you with a water front view.

Cars being built currently have either 2.5 or 3.0 in them. What's the difference currently? FSD isn't available. If you buy FSD now, and have a car with 2.5, you get the new hardware free. If you don't buy FSD and have a car with 3.0, its useless....doesnt increase resale value. If you pay more for a used car based on that alone....then I have a bridge to sell you with a water front view.

Is it in Brooklyn :)

Jokes aside, Is Tesla assigning 2.5 to SRs as a cost saving? or is it random?

It’s disappointing that so many people based their decisions on when to buy a Model 3 on the tweet from Elon stating that cars are being installed with HW3 as of April 12th, only to learn from an employee in the company that their CEO outright lied. Very disappointing.

It’s disappointing that so many people based their decisions on when to buy a Model 3 on the tweet from Elon stating that cars are being installed with HW3 as of April 12th, only to learn from an employee in the company that their CEO outright lied. Very disappointing.

I hate to be the one to say it but.......you absolutely can NOT base any decision about buying a Tesla and or Tesla expectations on an elon tweet. :/