Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 upgrade waiting room: All FSD Tesla’s

Has anyone had their HW3 upgrade scheduled/completed yet???

• Yes

Votes: 96 16.2%
  • No

Votes: 498 83.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is not a snide response, but do we know it doesn't run smoother? I would hope the added processor helps it process faster and at least provide some benefit. Not sure I've seen someone do an actual side by side comparison on the same road. Would be interesting to see.
Beah Buggy 2 appears to load quicker on HW3 cars from the videos I've seen on line...;-)

This is not a snide response, but do we know it doesn't run smoother? I would hope the added processor helps it process faster and at least provide some benefit. Not sure I've seen someone do an actual side by side comparison on the same road. Would be interesting to see.
I have a 2014 S and a 2018 X with the full self-driving package. For what capability is available today, the S is far smoother and more reliable than the X...so much so that except on a very open highway, we keep it OFF on the X. I live in California and will be taking the car in for annual service in a few weeks. Like you, I am betting that the HW3 upgrade is needed to deal with all the sensor inputs, so I am hoping the upgrade will be available on this visit. I will let you know on a few weeks.

Someone let me know if I'm wrong. I just bought M3 with FSD ($6k) 2 weeks ago (6/17). What I believe I got for 6k at the moment is Navigate on Autopilot, which changes lanes for me in highway situations, self parking, and summon (that only goes forwards and backwards...not "anywhere" as noted on the website). The "future" should bring traffic lights/stop signs and city driving. If I didn't pay 6k, would I have still gotten Navigate, self parking, and summon?

No

Someone let me know if I'm wrong. I just bought M3 with FSD ($6k) 2 weeks ago (6/17). What I believe I got for 6k at the moment is Navigate on Autopilot, which changes lanes for me in highway situations, self parking, and summon (that only goes forwards and backwards...not "anywhere" as noted on the website). The "future" should bring traffic lights/stop signs and city driving. If I didn't pay 6k, would I have still gotten Navigate, self parking, and summon?
You are correct. You also wouldn't have auto lane change when you use a blinker with autosteer.

I'm kind of confused, ITT there have been quite a large number of people all around the country scheduling appointments, but was there ever any "HW3 upgrades now available" message from anywhere? It's been expected around the end of the summer for quite some time now, but we're not quite there yet (and everyone knows Tesla isn't the best at meeting dat estimates, either). Was there some announcement, or are we just brute-forcing Tesla service until they say "yes", after 10,000 "no"s?

I have a 2014 S and a 2018 X with the full self-driving package. For what capability is available today, the S is far smoother and more reliable than the X...so much so that except on a very open highway, we keep it OFF on the X. I live in California and will be taking the car in for annual service in a few weeks. Like you, I am betting that the HW3 upgrade is needed to deal with all the sensor inputs, so I am hoping the upgrade will be available on this visit. I will let you know on a few weeks.

That's strange you say that, you have a newer x? My S has a hw2.0 and it does everything Mac on ap2, auto lane change auto steer

Thanks. Not that those features are worth 6k, but I was getting nervous based on these posts that I truly got no current benefit from paying 6k now. The Navigate on AP fun to play with, although nerve wracking at times.

I think you got ripped off. I've a model S with AP hw 2.0 it's Canada model it does everything already that you paid 6k for. Was that 6k usd if so ouch!

Min does nav on ap, auto steer, lane change off ramp on ramp . Everything 3 except traffic lights.

I'm kind of confused, ITT there have been quite a large number of people all around the country scheduling appointments, but was there ever any "HW3 upgrades now available" message from anywhere? It's been expected around the end of the summer for quite some time now, but we're not quite there yet (and everyone knows Tesla isn't the best at meeting dat estimates, either). Was there some announcement, or are we just brute-forcing Tesla service until they say "yes", after 10,000 "no"s?

Nope, you got it..everyone is just trying to brute force it.

• Funny
Reactions: Matias
I think you got ripped off. I've a model S with AP hw 2.0 it's Canada model it does everything already that you paid 6k for. Was that 6k usd if so ouch!

Min does nav on ap, auto steer, lane change off ramp on ramp . Everything 3 except traffic lights.
Didn't you pay $5k for Enhanced Autopilot, the feature package that had these at the time? Now, they give you lane holding for free in the S and X (and call it "Autopilot"), you get all of the EAP features PLUS all of the future FSD features for $6k, as opposed to having to buy EAP for $5k and FSD for $3k separately. Effectively it's $2k cheaper to buy today than when we did. More like "ouch" for us.

Reactions: JeffnReno
No, you would have gotten just vanilla AP, which is just AutoSteer and TACC. It doesn't change lanes at all even if you flip the blinker. It does come with the standard AutoPilot safety features though.

NoA, summon, autopark, and all the extra Autopilot Convenience Features are now bundled with the FSD package.

Reactions: Ludalicious