Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idaho Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes Csrpenfab - your post was the one that excited me the most when you had mentioned the Michelin All Season. What are you thoughts on them? Are you tempted down the road to drop down to 19's with something a little better suited for winter?

DrGriz: Yes, I was thinking the same thing. If there are little issues it's much better to be there then 250 miles away from the Service Center. I just know many friends that took home delivery in Southern California but it was however during the full swing of Covid. I was just curious if that was the way they were trying to take the company but it seems like it's back to the service center deliveries.

In terms of hardware I am reminded that when I picked up the P85D I missed out on the heated steering wheel. Another little thing that irked me but at the time I was in Southern California where it's not that needed and I got the Auto Pilot that I really wanted. So life went on and enjoyed my Tesla.
Had we ordered in May last year rather than August we might have gotten radar (maybe not) and passenger lumbar. But we would not have gotten CCS enabled all depending on the timing. Also would have saved a few thousand. It really is a crap shoot.

Had we ordered in May last year rather than August we might have gotten radar (maybe not) and passenger lumbar. But we would not have gotten CCS enabled all depending on the timing. Also would have saved a few thousand. It really is a crap shoot.
Hey DrGriz: CCS is enabled on all new Teslas but it's not really available yet correct? As in the adapters aren't available and no longer is the Chademo adapter right? So what do most people do when they are headed to areas where Super Chargers are not prevalent?

Hey DrGriz: CCS is enabled on all new Teslas but it's not really available yet correct? As in the adapters aren't available and no longer is the Chademo adapter right? So what do most people do when they are headed to areas where Super Chargers are not prevalent?

Actually, the CCD adapter works for newer Teslas by default but they’re only available in South Korea. I’ve got a friend ordering one for me to ship stateside…but still waiting on my MYP deliver lol, so will be a few weeks before I can report back.

Reactions: jstepy
I just purchased a Tesla CCS1 adapter from Korea (Harumio - Korea Forwarding Service: lots of us have used them now) so I can travel to places without Superchargers (like Ketchum, Idaho) and be able to DC charge. Harumio has CHAdeMO adapters as well, although I think that would be redundant at this point. A worthwhile tool for the toolchest. The process got a lot simpler about 2 weeks ago and you don't have to give out credentials the way it was just prior.

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
I see WeatherTech not getting much love in the forums… why is that? Why’d you go with the Tesmanian?
Because of internet research and positive reviews. People liked them better than the Weathertec, and I saw no reason to go with Weathertec just because. And I liked the deepness of the floor mat trays, as opposed to that other silverish looking one people like. As it is muddy or dusty or snowy where I am, pretty much always, in one way or another.

Reactions: DrGriz
I just purchased a Tesla CCS1 adapter from Korea (Harumio - Korea Forwarding Service: lots of us have used them now) so I can travel to places without Superchargers (like Ketchum, Idaho) and be able to DC charge. Harumio has CHAdeMO adapters as well, although I think that would be redundant at this point. A worthwhile tool for the toolchest. The process got a lot simpler about 2 weeks ago and you don't have to give out credentials the way it was just prior.
I need to ask details. I will need to get adapters for typical RV places in Idaho, and these other chargers Dr. Griz has used. @DrGriz , what do you think is the set of advisable adapters for inner Idaho?

Holy crap thanks for the forwarding service tip! Just ordered mine tonight! 🤩

I need to ask details. I will need to get adapters for typical RV places in Idaho, and these other chargers Dr. Griz has used. @DrGriz , what do you think is the set of advisable adapters for inner Idaho?
I have almost no personal experience yet and would bow to others. @Rocky_H would probably be the best resource (I don't know him personally, but he is from Boise and has been on here for a long time!).

For myself, and based on reading alone, if you have CCS-1, you don't need CHAdeMO. J-1772 of course, and depending on whether you get a corded mobile or the 110 from Tesla you may need 5-15 or 5-20. I have 14-50 and TT-30 (you may not even need that) for RV campgrounds.

I have a Nema L5-30P twist to attach to my daughter's outdoor generator outlet if I have to. I have a 10-30 (old timey!) dryer adapter and a 6-50 (modern) dryer adapter because I am paranoid. 🤪 I will probably never use those, but, emergency backup right?

I think what I would say at this point is this: plan your trip. Pull out your plugshare app (realizing it is crowdsourced and may not have everything) and see what's where and then run your Tesla and ABRP and see what might work. It isn't always easy. For instance, going from McCall to Sun Valley through Lowman and Stanley. Can I make it over Galena Summit to the Hailey CCS-1 without stopping at Stanley Campground to Level 2 top-off? Not sure. Probably depends on speed and temperature. It's a problem to solve!

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
welcome @jstepy, though given your tenure maybe it's more appropriate to say "welcome back".

I got the CCS1 adapter from Harimo's proxy service, received it last week and did a quick test down at the EA charger here in Boise, works well and is official Telsa hardware.

As for accessories/mods, I think I posted just about everything I have earlier in this thread somewhere but to recap:
Ok I put more work into this list... I think this is a fairly exhaustive list. Holler if you have any questions.

Reactions: jstepy
welcome @jstepy, though given your tenure maybe it's more appropriate to say "welcome back".

I got the CCS1 adapter from Harimo's proxy service, received it last week and did a quick test down at the EA charger here in Boise, works well and is official Telsa hardware.

As for accessories/mods, I think I posted just about everything I have earlier in this thread somewhere but to recap:
Ok I put more work into this list... I think this is a fairly exhaustive list. Holler if you have any questions.
Wow SirSycho! That's why I love this forum. That's a great list and I appreciate the time you took for that.

Everything makes sense and lots of those things seem like a must but I have a question about the HomeKit add-on? Do Tesla's not have HomeKit standard anymore? Back in the day it would open up my garage (via HomeKit) when I started to pull up to my home automatically? Is that not the case anymore?

It was great feature for the kids cause if they wanted to pull the ping pong table out in the garage all they had to do was hit a button on the fob and the garage would open automatically and then the MS would move itself back down the driveway so they could play. Then when done they would have it move back in without driving. I guess the original summon feature that costs 12K bucks now. LOL

Nice list. Will likely go shopping largely off it and the links.

And of course, I knew I'd forget something. A member on this forum makes these and sells them via ETSY.

Hey just curious what shortcuts you used you S3XY buttons for??

Hey just curious what shortcuts you used you S3XY buttons for??

1. Open Glovebox
  2. Open Trunk
  3. Left Rear Seat Heater (will probably repurpose for the Summer)
  4. Right Rear Seat Heater (will probably repurpose for the Summer)
  5. Start AutoPilot
  6. Not currently used
The first two are handy when waiting in a parking lot while watching video on the screen, since I'd have to exit the Theater to do either. The kids also like to control their own seat heaters but I'll probably use these for fan up/down during the summer. I've just started playing with the "Start AutoPilot" option. The last button I don't really have a great use for yet, I think I have it set to fold mirrors or something, but I don't really use it.