Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if there is a way to call them and they could verify that they received it?
So I was curious and emailed them at: [email protected] asking if they have received my application. I was surprised within few hours, I got email and they said they did receive it. I did send them via regular USPS. So it might be worth sending an email and the info such as name on the application and address for them to see if they received it.

Hi everyone,

I am the new happy owner of a Tesla model 3 that I purchased on January 21st.
Obviously, because I live in Illinois, I jumped on the EV rebate application and sent it before the January 31st deadline. But it looks like my chances of getting a rebate are close to none, especially because I do not fall into the low-income category.
  • Did anyone else submit their application at the end of January and hear back from IEPA?
  • Does anyone have any idea of when a third round could start? It looks like an additional $20.5m funding got approved but I am not sure whether funds could be available before the beginning of FY24. Any idea?
Thank you!

Hi everyone,

I am the new happy owner of a Tesla model 3 that I purchased on January 21st.
Obviously, because I live in Illinois, I jumped on the EV rebate application and sent it before the January 31st deadline. But it looks like my chances of getting a rebate are close to none, especially because I do not fall into the low-income category.
  • Did anyone else submit their application at the end of January and hear back from IEPA?
  • Does anyone have any idea of when a third round could start? It looks like an additional $20.5m funding got approved but I am not sure whether funds could be available before the beginning of FY24. Any idea?
Thank you!
If round 3 opens up before you pass your 90 days with your Model 3, I would say apply again. As for the funds available fore FY24, not sure. Maybe call or email them?

So what I am confused by all this is if I can't submit within 90 days of purchase due to the rounds not being open and my purchase date, am I just out of luck on this EV credit?
Unfortunately, this is my understanding.

In my case, my purchase date is January 21st, which means the round 3 should open no later than April 20th to have a chance to qualify. The 2 first rounds were open on the 1st day of the month. Which means we have to cross finger they open the third round by April 1st for those who purchased their Tesla in late January.

In my case, my purchase date is January 21st, which means the round 3 should open no later than April 20th to have a chance to qualify. The 2 first rounds were open on the 1st day of the month. Which means we have to cross finger they open the third round by April 1st for those who purchased their Tesla in late January.

Yep you are right, as I emailed them and got this response: "Once you are past 90 days from your purchase date you are no longer eligible."

Ugh...seems like you needed to purchase after they open the applications to get the benefit of this.

So I was curious and emailed them at: [email protected] asking if they have received my application. I was surprised within few hours, I got email and they said they did receive it. I did send them via regular USPS. So it might be worth sending an email and the info such as name on the application and address for them to see if they received it.
Well, I emailed them because I sent mine through USPS priority. Just wanted to see if they've thrown it out; that way I have the peace of mind of not expecting the rebate check if it is truly that they only accept first class regular mail.

Update, so I did what Paul1 recommended. I emailed them and have responded that they have received it. But it also stated on the response that it may take weeks or months after the rebate cycle ended (which is after Jan 31) before my or any application gets processed. At least now I know that it didn't get thrown out.😊; still not holding my breath though.

Reactions: Paul1

Since it’s in the FY24 budget, funds likely will not be available until July 1st at the earliest. Still needs to be approved by the general assembly as well, but if approved probably only available to purchases made after April 1st.

State rebate site updates as of March 1st 2023.

1677869739213.png

Yessssss……got my check today. $4k. Sent in my application December 5th IL EPA received it on December 8th. The issue date on the check was March 7th. Was going to use the money to buy AB from Tesla but I changed my mind. 4.8 sec 0-60 is plenty fast now😁😁, gonna use the money for something else.

So yesterday, I received a letter from the state saying that my application will not be looked at due to surpass amount of applications. I submitted mine on Jan 12th. They also said, the 3rd round would most likely open up in July but none of the applications from round 2 will be carried over and since I will be past the 90 days purchase requirement, I cannot qualify.

Bummer!

So yesterday, I received a letter from the state saying that my application will not be looked at due to surpass amount of applications. I submitted mine on Jan 12th. They also said, the 3rd round would most likely open up in July but none of the applications from round 2 will be carried over and since I will be past the 90 days purchase requirement, I cannot qualify.

Bummer!
Sorry man.

Yep, I got the same letter for the Illinois EPA. I took delivery of my vehicle on 29 DEC 2022 in Bloomington, IL to take advantage of this rebate (it would have been far more convenient for me to pick it up 30 something miles away over in St. Louis county MO, but that would have meant automatic disqualification for NOT taking delivery in Illinois). We spent the night in Bloomington to make sure there were no issues with our car (within the first 100 miles) because we live more than 100 miles away. I had printed out copies of the application back in December and submitted it within 2 weeks of getting home with my Tesla. According to IL-EPA they ran out of funding for this round of rebates in early January 2023. Any Illinois buyer who got their car during the second half of the November 1 - January 31 window would be disqualified due to lack of funds. What a crock of crap. So, if I had received my vehicle on August 29, 2022 (well before the funding window opened), I could have been one of the first in line by submitting my application in early November (more than 60 days after delivery). It's just a crap shoot in Illinois, a complete "luck of the draw". CONGRATS to anyone who received this rebate. Consider yourself lucky.

• Informative
Reactions: GOVA