Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It still has warnings. It will make a noise and the display will still show a yellow to red line as well as the distance. Works great for me. I can't post a picture today as I'm too busy with errands but it absolutely has a warning.
Wow, that's a surpise. According to an article couple days ago, the owner stated that he didn't get any alerts in his car without sensors. Did Tesla really manage to improve here so quickly without an update? Or was the article false and not verified before publishing? Kinda confused^^
Tesla cars without ultrasonic sensors do not show distances to objects (yet)

Picked up 10/13. Love it! Everything was fine except for a few minor paint issues that they buffed out. Still has the sensors.
A452C6AC-C68F-4C1F-BC77-1B1BC5ED66D5.jpeg

Reactions: LordOfLight
It won't be long before we find out how cars handle close object up front without the USS. The first build day without them was Oct. 5th., AFAIK.

Just for clarification above, ^^, cars that have Enhanced Autopilot enabled have always had the USS, Until now. No Model Y will be built with USS tech. What I haven't been able to determine, is if both the Austin and Freemont plants both sunsetted the USS on the same date.

What do ya'll think the likelihood of my EDD of Dec 2022 will stick? I talked to the rep in Libertyville and asked if 11 months is common, he said he has seen it and there's no guarantee when the car comes. I am expecting a long wait, 11 months even, but certainly not looking to take delivery in 2022, as that was at the top of the estimation.

my config is: MSM, Gemini, LR, no additions, black interior

Last edited:
What do ya'll think the likelihood of my EDD of Dec 2022 will stick? I talked to the rep in Libertyville and asked if 11 months is common, he said he has seen it and there's no guarantee when the car comes. I am expecting a long wait, 11 months even, but certainly not looking to take delivery in 2022, as that was at the top of the estimation.

my config is: MSM, Gemini, LR, no additions, black interior
I’m in for 7 months now….my EDD is basically the whole month of December. It was Oct 29-Nov26……changed about a week ago. If it is truly December, then I’ll be in for 9, if January then it is 10. I’m hoping it doesn’t go past January.

It seems like a lot of orders may be canceled upon getting delivery dates because people don't want 2022 deliveries. It seems like a lot of people are hoping the 2023 tax credit (whatever that may be) will be worth the wait of a new order. We'll likely see more decisions once the details of the credit are released.

The IL EV rebate states you need a "signed" copy of the purchase agreement.....Everything was don through the app, so I dont have anything "signed". Also, I submitted my down payment through a bank transfer, so I dont have a cancelled check or anything. What are other people submitting here?

Just got a VIN this week and delivery of my MYP will be in the next week. Texted my SA asking about USS and all-season tires and got a not so great response:

“We do not have a confirmation on All-Season tires until the Model Y comes in however I do not believe it will. However it will not come with sensors and will rely solely on Tesla Vision.”

I know USS being there is up in the air but very surprised about the AS tires. Has anyone who’s picked up their MYP from Chicago - Grand recently get theirs with AS tires ? SA practically guaranteed me that all MYP delivered to Chicago get AS back when I test drove/ordered. (OD: 8/26)

I'm also concerned about the tires at delivery. Here's my question: Has anyone in/near Chicago had winter tires on their MYLR's when the car was delivered in the winter? And I'm hoping that I'm not in for purchasing new AS tires just three months after I get the car.

I'm also concerned about the tires at delivery. Here's my question: Has anyone in/near Chicago had winter tires on their MYLR's when the car was delivered in the winter? And I'm hoping that I'm not in for purchasing new AS tires just three months after I get the car.
Picked up MYP end of august in Libertyville Il. Had AS tires. Most seemed to get them back then but not all.

What I understood was MYLR come with all-season. MYP is the one that seems to be all over the place