Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmmm. Maybe, or maybe not.

1/11/23 NOTICE: The current number of applications that have been received by the Illinois EPA seeking a rebate under the Electric Vehicle Rebate Program has surpassed the amount of available funding. Applicants that qualify as “Low-Income” per the guidelines are prioritized for rebate issuance and may continue to submit applications through the application deadline of January 31, 2023, see information on applying below. As specified in the law, program rules, IEPA EV Rebate website, and FAQ, rebate applications are subject to the availability of funds. A third cycle for rebate applications will open when additional funding becomes available.

Difficult to read between the lines on this gobbledegook quote.

They don’t confirm or acknowledge your submission. Well other then a denial letter or check in the mailbox.

“The Illinois EPA will not provide a verification of receipt. If you want to know whether your application was received you should send via a method that provides a receipt, such as certified mail. “

I look at my car as having very expensive USS now. Thankful I most likely received my car in time to get the 4K IL EV rebate. That eases the pain a little bit.
Reading up on what IEPA about the second round rebates. It looks like they won’t even start processing the rebates until after January 31st since it is the end of the second round of applications. I’m guessing that they figured that they no longer have funds due to the number of applications received assuming everyone qualifuse for the rebates.

So any November/December deliveries got the IL EV rebate yet? I took delivery 12/3 and submitted my documents on 12/5 - priority USPS says it was delivered 12/8. Just inquiring but I'm not holding my breath on getting it soon if I even get it.

If I am not mistaken, the round 2 was approximately 1.9 million in funds. Looking at the update on the site, they have exceeded issuing well over 1.9 million in funds. Maybe there are more funds in round 2?

1676988897270.png

couple of things - you can't send the application any other way than through regular mail - if you read the application, there MUST be a postmark with the date. This is how they sort submission and issue by date...others are thrown out. Although maybe any USPS method has a postmark? I dont know....

also, they had 9.7M of funding available - it said so on their website...I emailed them and they said they "anticipate at least having enough for submissions received through late December."

couple of things - you can't send the application any other way than through regular mail - if you read the application, there MUST be a postmark with the date. This is how they sort submission and issue by date...others are thrown out. Although maybe any USPS method has a postmark? I dont know....

also, they had 9.7M of funding available - it said so on their website...I emailed them and they said they "anticipate at least having enough for submissions received through late December."
I wasn't 100% on the second round amount. 9.7M is good. Based on that amount, the total amount paid out for low income and non-low income didn't even hit half of 9.7M yet. If my math is correct there would be total of 2,425 submissions paid out with 9.7M at $4000/each

I’ve not received any email of sorts As Bartholomew have posted. But I also mailed mine as USPS priority instead of the regular mail. So if what luckyt22 is saying is true about regular mail, then I guess mine will be thrown out right away because I used the priority envelope.😭😭

Priority Mail is not hand stamped for postmark, but it has digital stamp on it. So technically priority mail is postmarked as well the date printed on them so that the sort machine can read it.

Can someone who already received their check confirm if they sent it via USPS priority mail or not?