TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Increased inventory transport fees

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Screwbal, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Screwbal

Screwbal Member

Not sure where to put this so I'll stick it here... Just noticed this morning the transport fees for inventory cars got raised. It used to be $1,500 and now its up to $2,000.

2. Danieljk

Danieljk Member

Im thinking its the cost to reduce the weeks that inventory (money) sits in parking lots waiting for trucks, which was pretty much my case.
    5 days too manufacture but 5 weeks from Freemont to Montreal.

3. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

I wonder if the transport fee will go to almost zero (in the US) when Tesla transport trucks start rolling off the factory line?

4. Dan Brown

Dan Brown New Member

Yeah - I ordered out of new inventory about 3 weeks ago they tried to quote me $2000 for shipping (from Florida to Seattle) over the phone. The website said max of $1500 then, so they honored the $1500 quote.

Looks like the site has since been updated...bummer.

5. TJtv

TJtv Member

I was told that all inventory vehicles now have a $2k transport charge regardless of their actual location if they are from outside of the immediate area. That seems to be a big change because the transport fee used to be somewhat based on how far the vehicle was being shipped. For example Florida to the northeast might have been $750 whereas California to northeast might have been $1500. Now they're all $2k across the board.

6. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

What if you agree to pick it up whereever it is?

7. Screwbal

Screwbal Member

My understanding is that's free (and easy) assuming you're close. If it was transported I think you still get to take and deliver delivery though I don't know what you'd be held to pay afterwards. If you caught a one way plane ticket then didn't collect the vehicle to drive back with you'd be out two plane tickets.