Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Increased inventory transport fees

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah - I ordered out of new inventory about 3 weeks ago they tried to quote me $2000 for shipping (from Florida to Seattle) over the phone. The website said max of $1500 then, so they honored the $1500 quote.

Looks like the site has since been updated...bummer.

I was told that all inventory vehicles now have a $2k transport charge regardless of their actual location if they are from outside of the immediate area. That seems to be a big change because the transport fee used to be somewhat based on how far the vehicle was being shipped. For example Florida to the northeast might have been $750 whereas California to northeast might have been $1500. Now they're all $2k across the board.

What if you agree to pick it up whereever it is?

My understanding is that's free (and easy) assuming you're close. If it was transported I think you still get to take and deliver delivery though I don't know what you'd be held to pay afterwards. If you caught a one way plane ticket then didn't collect the vehicle to drive back with you'd be out two plane tickets.