Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inflationary Price Increase coming?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I'm officially out at this point. Future car will not be a model Y, or 3, or anything. I'll drive my Prime until it rots.
I don't blame you. It's gotten out of hand. The MY LR has gone up nearly $13,000 since this time last year.

Here's an interesting development, maybe they're making room for this:

Reactions: Daekwan
Do you see on the website? I am still seeing the previous price.

Thank God I put my order in on 3/5 and I am not changing anything. I was debating of also including the tow hitch but I guess it will be cheaper/faster to do it after the fact.

I felt kind of guilty when I ordered my MYP for $63990. Now the same car is $67990, so I am kind of glad I did. However, until yesterday I had a VIN assigned and a delivery date of March 29 -31. Today VIN disappeared and new delivery date is between April 13 to May 18. What a hell is going on in Tesla?????? 😫

Reactions: Anish3232
I just started looking 3 weeks ago and was pretty set on a MY. I wanted to be able to at least sit in a MME before putting money down though. After the $1000 last week i figured i would have at least a few weeks before another bump, now they jump due to "inflation" when they have already increased 20% the last year... This might push me away, only thing probably stopping me is i cant order a MME right now either and i already know i dont really care for the ev6. maybe $250 is worth gambling...

Well, I'm officially keeping my MYSR another year at the minimum. Hell, maybe 2-3 years... who knows when these prices will return to "normal". I was personally holding out ordering until Austin was delivering customer cars with the structured 4680 pack. But its just priced crazily now.

One thing is for sure.. I'm not paying $72K for an MYLR the options I want (red/white/tow/black wheels)+ tax.. or $77K for the MYP (red/white/tow). These are awesome vehicles but they are simply not worth these price tags.

Reactions: timeshifter
This from Twitter…

51938905162_174e98486f.jpg

Glad I got in when I did.

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
Right now the inflation is the top high through the roof.. Unfortunately, the gas prices go up, the vehicle prices are up to, but the wages are the same. The Tesla can keep rising the prices, but eventually it will be thousands Teslas on the lot to pick it up. The boom will not last.