Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do - its the early adopters that have the 980 motors (both AWD and P came with them). The switched the non-P's to the 990s sometime in early 2019 if I recall correctly.
I'll check to confirm the next time I pull my wheels off, but as an Aug 2018 build I expect mine will be, too.

Unfortunately I live well over a 1000 miles from both their NH, and if I remember correctly, FL locations. Drive 3000 miles to get a software update? Er, that is a hard "no" before even considering the warrantee implications and the potential for Tesla to screw with this.

My hope now lies in this prodding Tesla into offering to step up my car up to the P- aftermarket. The extra charge of a Stealth over the base AWD and then an extra $2K on top of that (total $4K) seems reasonable and fair to both of us, especially since I'm over half way through their powertrain warrantee, anyway.

Last edited:
I would be surprised if this were the case since they teased a car that is faster than the P, and I doubt the RWD can keep enough grip at any torque levels to do so.
I'm pretty sure what they are implying in their post is converting a LR RWD to a P-ish vehicle via installing a front motor. Yes, that's "out there" but in a different way. :)

It is theoretically possible but you'd need to procure the DU and all the wiring to do that. Unlikely, given Tesla's pricing structure, to be economically prudent under normal circumstances. Maybe if you're doing some sort of salvage project it could fit in, as you're really only working with what you can find out there in the salvage market?

AFAIK the earliest report of anyone getting a 990 was a dude in europe in January 2019.... most US cars were getting 980s through at least March/April 2019, and I think a few as late as August maybe?
The funny part is how the website describes the 980 as an "upgrade". The wording is weird IMO as it is more-so that it is the original and that everyone with the 990 got a downgraded DU.

I'm going to go out on a limb and make a few speculative predictions (AKA wild ass guesses :) ). These are from the perspective of after Tesla v11 firmware is released.

1. Tesla firmware v11 is going to make it either very difficult or impossible for this mod to work going forward, and in any case would break existing installations of the mod.
  2. If you have the mod installed prior to updating to v11, you can probably keep the mod working as long as you don't update to v11
  3. If you have v11 already on your car, you won't be able to get the mod installed anymore
  4. If you want the car serviced by Tesla, you'll have to remove the mod (already known), but they're going to update it to v11 during service, and the mod won't work after that.
I don't think this is a bad mod, in fact I encourage things like this as it builds public knowledge. But the mod has and will have some limitations. Nothing can be guaranteed.

And what happens if you have the Level 2 mod and suffer a failure in your car such that you can't drive it? Do you have to it towed to EG for them to see if the mod is causing the problem, and if not have them remove the mod, tow to Tesla for repair, then take it back to EG to get the mod reinstalled? o_O
If I was a customer for this (won’t be for foreseeable future) I’d definitely insist on standing next to them installing, learning how to remove it before I called Tesla to come check things out. :)

Agreed, the stage 2 just has too many issues. I really dont see anyone doing this.
Way too much risk/hassle/cost/travel etc.
Cant get future updates/have to remove and pay for Free updates.
If someone was really willing to take this big of risk and hassle just to get 3.1 0-60 why not just buy a performance model.

Eagerly awaiting video. COME ON RICH!!!!

So I don't think it does 2.

Given the handles aren't motorized I'm unclear how the 3 even could "present" as you say.

I'm assuming it would pop the door the same way pressing the button on the interior door pops it. That's how the Mach-E is handling self presenting. So you just have to pull the door open. Me personally, i don't want my door popping everytime i walk by it

Reactions: MP3Mike
Agreed, the stage 2 just has too many issues. I really dont see anyone doing this.
If you live within a couple of hours of one of their locations it could work. They are providing basically a Performance equivalent, including Track Mode V2 (roughly speaking, at least). The alternative to get there is sell your current vehicle and replace with a P- (not sure Tesla is currently building those).

I'm going to go out on a limb and make a few speculative predictions (AKA wild ass guesses :) ). These are from the perspective of after Tesla v11 firmware is released.

1. Tesla firmware v11 is going to make it either very difficult or impossible for this mod to work going forward, and in any case would break existing installations of the mod.
  2. If you have the mod installed prior to updating to v11, you can probably keep the mod working as long as you don't update to v11
  3. If you have v11 already on your car, you won't be able to get the mod installed anymore
  4. If you want the car serviced by Tesla, you'll have to remove the mod (already known), but they're going to update it to v11 during service, and the mod won't work after that.
I don't think this is a bad mod, in fact I encourage things like this as it builds public knowledge. But the mod has and will have some limitations. Nothing can be guaranteed.

Is there more details somewhere on the v11 changes? I've seen a few oblique remarks about it but not much else....

Indeed, info on v11 breaking changes for various aftermarket mods (if they use CANbus signals and/or 12V splicing) have come from a few Service Center and Mobile Service techs (who may *caugh* or may not have early v11 build access).

This is weird to me, because service center people having any idea WTF is going on with anything not public info is the exact opposite of my experiences with them.

Over 3 months on they still can't even tell me when they'll have an FSD computer in stock for me, having since cancelled my upgrade appointment the night before 3 different times- each time with a different, increasingly bizarre, excuse for it.

I'm assuming it would pop the door the same way pressing the button on the interior door pops it. That's how the Mach-E is handling self presenting. So you just have to pull the door open. Me personally, i don't want my door popping everytime i walk by it
Having gotten a MX loaner the last two visits I’ve seen the virtue of this feature and while I don’t miss it, it’d be nice to have in the 3!