Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I 100% agree with you, would much rather have more power higher end
Yeah. I can already make the rear swing out fairly easy hammering out of a corner outside of track mode.

I just want for the car to not fall flat on its face at highway speeds. I really hope Plaid introduces a second gear in the rear motor(s) like what Porsche did.

Reactions: Ferociious
I just want for the car to not fall flat on its face at highway speeds.
It does no such thing, certainly not in a North American meaning of "highway speed". "Highway speed" acceleration is still very snappy, and because of no shifting there's precious few under say a $200K price tag that match its 50-70 and 70-90 times. It is all too easy to "oopsie" my D up past 100mph if I'm driving manual and don't stay focused.

Having a top-end of "only" 155mph (that's where the D is at now, right?), and losing a lot of jump compared to ICE vehicles up past maybe 120mph isn't really a factor for public roads outside of autobahns. It isn't even much of a factor on most road tracks.

As for a gearbox wouldn't really make any difference below 100mph, as the power curve is dead flat for the D up until at least then (unknown past 100mph). Well, it might actually slow things a bit because it'll require a brief interruption for shifting at some point. A gearbox might be able to stretch the top end a bit, the motor could be reaching a serious power curve attenuation by the time it reaches that 17,000rpm. So Plaid, as something of a top speed showcase, might use that. However, how often do you see going above 140mph in personal use?

P.S. A quick, admittedly not thorough look at the various Taycan times and top speed doesn't reveal to me how much, if anything, it is helping there?

Last edited:
Where the heck is the video Rich rebuilds and electrified garage? Was supposed to be out Sunday then yesterday. Still nothing.....
We all want details

From the Community section of his Youtube page posted on Sunday:

"Sorry boys and girls due to a vendor mixup, no video today :( The next video will be the Model 3 stage 2 modification. After that the cyberquad update, then after that my new gas car."

From the Community section of his Youtube page posted on Sunday:

"Sorry boys and girls due to a vendor mixup, no video today :( The next video will be the Model 3 stage 2 modification. After that the cyberquad update, then after that my new gas car."
Email stated yesterday video would be released yesterday. The option to purchase items released yesterday

The thing that sticks out about this is that 980 motor = performance it seems. As an owner of such a car I would love it if Tesla offered their own "stage 2" upgrade, but I guess in the grand scheme of things the number of such cars (and the number of people who would actually buy/pay for it) would be small.

depends on price. i purchase boost package and love it but I'd pay $1.5k extra to get the stage 2

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
The thing that sticks out about this is that 980 motor = performance it seems. As an owner of such a car I would love it if Tesla offered their own "stage 2" upgrade, but I guess in the grand scheme of things the number of such cars (and the number of people who would actually buy/pay for it) would be small.
I still go back to my original question about the 980 vs 990... of the 980 (and front motor) is capable for delivering 265kW on the P model 980. The non-P 990 can deliver at least 230kW. The front motors are the same but deliver more power on the P (203kW vs 175kW). Assuming both of the rear motors are maxed or at some fixed % of capacity (e.g. 90%), and the front motors are equalized - how far apart are we solely based on hardware limitations.

I watched the video and am still curious about the ghost option and what gets installed. There's a point in the video (6:15) where they're apparently removing a battery and have another in a crate. This could be unrelated but I certainly wouldn't do something if there's a battery swap involved.

Sorry folks, all of this makes me happy I ponied up the $2k for the OEM Stealth option (of which I was blissfully unaware until the OA mentioned it at which point I knew I had to have it). Love the acceleration; love the OEM warranty; love the free updates and no hassles. Glad others are willing to take a chance on 3rd party tech but given Tesla’s ability to dial into our cars at will, I would proceed with extreme caution. Still grinning....