Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

He upgrades an AWD to be faster than a stock performance.

It is impressive. What is not impressive is his uncanny ability to belittle people from this site, on the video, that are concerned about warranty issues. Not everyone wants to void their warranty on a drivetrain where the battery replacement costs $10k out of pocket. Nor do they want to have to ship their car off to get updates installed, or, pay to have them installed.

Products

Stage 1
  • 0-60 in 3.8 seconds
  • Access to Tesla Firmware Updates
  • Web app to configure settings
  • $1,100
Stage 2
  • 0-60 in 3.2 seconds
  • NO access to Tesla firmware updates, must go back to EG to upgarde
  • Limited based on motor code, rear motor must have code 112980
  • $2,250
Clearly Stage 2 is probably a no go for anyone that paid for FSD and wants those software “improvements” sooner than later (with the return requirement).

Reactions: SammichLover
Sorry if this has already been covered, but how does Stage 1 differ from Tesla’s $2k acceleration boost upgrade, which takes it to 3.9s 0-60? Are they both measured with 1 foot rollout?

If so, sure this is $900 cheaper and 0.1s quicker, but the Tesla option poses no risk of voiding warranty.

Sorry if this has already been covered, but how does Stage 1 differ from Tesla’s $2k acceleration boost upgrade, which takes it to 3.9s 0-60? Are they both measured with 1 foot rollout?

If so, sure this is $900 cheaper and 0.1s quicker, but the Tesla option poses no risk of voiding warranty.

The Tesla one is 3.9 without rollout- most folks get around 3.5 with rollout....and doesn't require additional HW or warranty risk.

This stage 1 thing requires a physical install (but supposedly a quick/easy one)- could be disabled by Tesla at any time- and it's unclear if the 3.8 is with or without rollout since the video only showed the stage 2 measurements (which were extremely underwhelming for supposedly "beating" a P in a race earlier)

(I'd expect it SHOULD be 3.8 without though, given the LR AWD with NO boost does 3.9 using rollout already)

Until they can be tested side by side, taken at face value, the difference between their stage one and the OEM boost is a wash.

If the performance pans out, and the box proves to be reliable, it would be a good deal considering the price. But I'm still not swayed from the OEM boost. No box required and is sure not to cause any future hassles.

Reactions: MJP.P3D-
I would much rather but from Tesla but these vuys finally offer a way to disable traction control without unplugging an abs sensor which I'm unwilling to do. I hope Tesla sees this and gives us some traction control as an option. I would then gladly but the oem option. Ideally I'd take sliders like in the new track mode but I'd settle for less control.

Stage 2
  • 0-60 in 3.2 seconds
  • $2,250
Knightshade, this looks like confirmation of your logically deduced positing that the 980 and 990 motors do in fact have different capabilities.

Not that I would ever pay for this hack (I like my new car warranty, thank you very much), but it would be interesting to know just how quick a Stage 2 type hack could make a 990 rear motor AWD.

Sorry folks, all of this makes me happy I ponied up the $2k for the OEM Stealth option (of which I was blissfully unaware until the OA mentioned it at which point I knew I had to have it). Love the acceleration; love the OEM warranty; love the free updates and no hassles. Glad others are willing to take a chance on 3rd party tech but given Tesla’s ability to dial into our cars at will, I would proceed with extreme caution. Still grinning....
Wonder if they’re stackable. Buy “ghost stage 1” from EG and retain capabilities from manufacturer, then buy performance boost from tesla. Result: stealth P3D? Maybe, Maybe not.

That being said: I’d like to volunteer for an upgrade that retains factory firmware updates on my P3D. :D

Makes me wonder if they can do anything with S/X.

If this were any other manufacturer, we would be all over this like hot cakes.

There's only 3 problems with Tesla being the manufacturer here:

1. Software updates are actually cool. The number of companies that push out regular software updates that the majority of people like is in the single digits. Tesla is one of them. No one gives a *sugar* if BMW or FCA pushes out an update. Tesla owners obsessively check their phones and fuss over the wifi connectivity, waiting for the car to pull the latest update. New autopilot features and performance have been a regular concern for owners stuck on old versions for a variety of reasons.

2. Tesla is a bigger boogeyman in terms of disabling parts of our car, because of superchargers and software. Losing satnav on any other car would be a pretty paltry price. Losing support for Superchargers, Satnav, all the other internet related goodies and games, is a much steeper price to pay.

3. Tesla has historically messed around with options after the fact, for limited production runs. It's entirely plausible they release their own uncork to a performance, without any worry of penalty.

I feel bad for Electrified Garage - their product competes in a market that is inherently more difficult than any other car mod market with enough population to support supply and demand.

I feel bad for Electrified Garage - their product competes in a market that is inherently more difficult than any other car mod market with enough population to support supply and demand.

Quite the contrary, as us early adopters buy the latest and greatest: The secondary market grows larger by the day. There is a place for EG and the services they provide in that demographic which is also most likely out of warranty as well.

After all. Even EV's aren't completely maintenance free!

Stage 2
  • 0-60 in 3.2 seconds
  • $2,250
Knightshade, this looks like confirmation of your logically deduced positing that the 980 and 990 motors do in fact have different capabilities..

Much appreciated for noticing this.... most of the folks who disagreed with me have been oddly silent on it :)

I think they're playing the long game by establishing a name for themselves before the used car market gets flooded with out-of-warranty Model 3s. Owners of old Model 3s won't be as discouraged to get performance mods since they'll have so little to lose.

I think it's very possible that a healthy community of jailbroken Model 3 owners could exist where they have their own custom firmware updates, and perhaps they can opt to replace the Tesla charge port with a CCS Combo one instead if supercharging is disabled.

Anyone else in the AWD 990 rear motor + accel boost club? (insert sad violin music here).

It's my previous car situation all over again. Wallet + impulse purchase mindset said get a GTI (which I eventually took up to stage 2+), when the heart said get an R32/Golf R...post purchase, conveniently :confused:

I checked the rear motor on mine, and it looks like I just missed out on the 980 (12/31/2018 build car with version "A" 990 rear motor).

Anyone else in the AWD 990 rear motor + accel boost club? (insert sad violin music here).

It's my previous car situation all over again. Wallet + impulse purchase mindset said get a GTI (which I eventually took up to stage 2+), when the heart said get an R32/Golf R...post purchase, conveniently :confused:

I checked the rear motor on mine, and it looks like I just missed out on the 980 (12/31/2018 build car with version "A" 990 rear motor).

I haven't checked mine yet, but I'm a Feb 2020 build so most likely 990. We still don't know what it's actually capable of though. I sent an email to Electrified Garage asking about it. It would be interesting to know if they even attempted to
boost it beyond what Tesla did. Their stage 1 seems like a copy and paste of Tesla's upgrade. If it turns out we're maxed out (which I don't believe), then your best bet is to trade up to a Performance.

Stage 2
  • 0-60 in 3.2 seconds
  • $2,250
Knightshade, this looks like confirmation of your logically deduced positing that the 980 and 990 motors do in fact have different capabilities.

Not that I would ever pay for this hack (I like my new car warranty, thank you very much), but it would be interesting to know just how quick a Stage 2 type hack could make a 990 rear motor AWD.

That's the question that needs to be answered.

Last edited:
I haven't checked mine yet, but I'm a Feb 2020 build so most likely 990. We still don't know what it's actually capable of though. I sent an email to Electrified Garage asking about it. It would be interesting to know if they even attempted to
boost it beyond what Tesla did. Their stage 1 seems like a copy and paste of Tesla's upgrade. If it turns out we're maxed out (which I don't believe), then your best bet is to trade up to a Performance.

From the Wugz thread on reddit, the front motor on a P3D is rated at 203kW and the front motor on the AWD+ is rated at 175.5kW. These are the same motors, so the AWD for sure isn't maxed out as far as the front motor is concerned.

What's interesting is that the rear motor decreased power from 231kW to 221kW on the AWD+. The rear motor on the P3D had its base power at 251.5kW, which is of course more powerful than its AWD variant (due to 980), but it indicates there is still some room with software tuning AWD+ cars on both motors.

Now who knows how much head room the 990 motor has, but we for sure know it can reach the 231kW rating at the very least. Theoretically, it couldn't hit P3D levels of performance, but it certainly has capability for more power when combining both front and rear motors..