Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know that. I really only care about the v11 update and urban street turning with fsd. So I don't really care too much for not having the latest updates. Maybe once or twice a year I go up to New Hampshire and get it done. Though they'll probably find a way to remote update it at some point. If supercharging didn't work they would have said so.

Of course there's been rumors about significant internal encryption being added to V11- so it's always possible you might end up having to pick between getting V11 or keeping the Stage 2 upgrade too if Teslas suddenly makes it impossible to hack the P flag to "on"

Honestly, I went in on it every (safe) chance I could. Tires are almost toast at just 8k miles.
I am planning to replace tires every year. My SR+ was close to needing new tires after 14 months.
I bought this car for fun. Everything else cool about it is just an additional bonus to the fun.
I swear my next car after this will be a performance model. Hopefully it will be 2.9sec or below in 3 years when this lease is up.

Reactions: M109Rider
If tesla released another boost upgrade for 1k to match the performance 3,im in. At that price point we have paid for a stealth performance 3 price. In reality its more. As what i paid for my LR AWD the performance cost today.

This is....not exactly right for a lot of buyers....

For one- buying a LR AWD today costs more net than if you bought one in 2018.... (and you get an inferior rear drive unit too)

But back then it was $11,000 to go from LR AWD to P3D-, and $16,000 to get a P3D+ (though after it was too late to take advantage of it, such buyers retroactively got an offer for a $5000 refund- effectively making the gaps $6000 and $11,000 respectively)

Then it was "only" 11k for the P3D+ and the P3D- wasn't sold anymore.

Today it's $8000 to go LR AWD to P3D+ and P3D- isn't sold anymore again.

For a few brief periods in 2019, P3D- still wasn't orderable- but IF you could find one in inventory- and it just happened to be the exact wheels, color, and interior, you wanted- then it was "only" 2k (if it wasn't exact wheels/color/interior then it was more since you were paying for options you didn't want)... that's the only time the gap from LR AWD to any form of P was less than $6-8000

(oh there was also that weird little bit at the start of 2020 when you COULD order a P3D- again, but it was the same $8000 more the P3D+ was...dunno if anyone ever did though)

Point being for most, another 2k to go AWD+ to P3D-, would still be a total of 2/3rds to 1/2 cheaper than if they'd bought the P to start with.

given that it's $46.9k now i doubt it was cheaper in 2018 - especially factoring in EAP

It was though. Because you got a $7500 tax credit, plus at least $500-100 in hardware no longer on the car (more by now actually).

Today LR AWD with FSD costs $56,100 including destination/doc charge.

My LR AWD with FSD in 2018 was $62,000 including destination/doc charge- and I got a $7500 tax credit-so net was $54,500.

2018 LR AWD was $1600 cheaper. And had a better rear DU.

And it came with auto-dimming side mirrors, a 14-50 adapter, homelink, phone cables, interior pocket lights, a dead pedal, a frunk mat, and whatever else other content Tesla has since removed.

So again, price is higher today net than when the car was introduced.

There's some variance with color/wheel/interior options as pricing on those changed a BUNCH at different times, so I'm just talking base car with FSD in both cases to make it apples to apples.

Reactions: fjs21 and MP3Mike
What someone got back on their tax credit was based on their tax liability. If they owed 1200, that's all they got back. So that 7500 did not apply to everyone. Of course in your case, it might have been different. As for the DU, that doesn't really matter because the potential isn't being realized. What you have today is what I have in terms of power. The accessories, true, but I'm not sure what they all amount to.

And AP is part of the base price today, it wasn't back then.

Reactions: Clark_Kent
What someone got back on their tax credit was based on their tax liability. If they owed 1200, that's all they got back. So that 7500 did not apply to everyone.

Sure- but I don't imagine a TON of people buy $60,000 cars without having $7500 in tax liability.

Of course in your case, it might have been different. As for the DU, that doesn't really matter because the potential isn't being realized. What you have today is what I have in terms of power.

Arguably it's relevant if you want the EG stage 2 LR AWD mod, but otherwise no difference right now yeah

The accessories, true, but I'm not sure what they all amount to.

Homelink, 14-50, and phone cables is about $350 to add later, dunno what adding the auto dim mirrors cost but can't imagine it's super cheap... frunk mat I dunno 20-30 bucks maybe? Dead pedal and interior lights not sure you even CAN add anymore.

And AP is part of the base price today, it wasn't back then.

Hence why I priced both cars with FSD, to make it apples to apples instead of getting into the weeds on AP vs EAP

• Disagree
Reactions: Clark_Kent
Sure- but I don't imagine a TON of people buy $60,000 cars without having $7500 in tax liability.

Perhaps not a ton, but when there are stipulations that apply - it's good to mention it. I was one of those people, but also my car wasn't 60, it was 53. I would have come out ahead if I had waited.

Hence why I priced both cars with FSD, to make it apples to apples instead of getting into the weeds on AP vs EAP

Just to keep things simple, compare AP vs AP since you can't even buy EAP now and FSD is exhorbitantly expensive. I'd wager most people have AP not FSD. And most post purchasers are springing for AP not FSD (aside from a few EAP people who took advantage of the recent sale).

Just to keep things simple, compare AP vs AP since you can't even buy EAP now and FSD is exhorbitantly expensive.

FSD in 2018 was $8000 total price add over the vehicle itself.

FSD today is...$8000 total price add over the vehicle itself.

Seems fair to me to compare total price on a 2018 FSD car with total price on a today-FSD car.

(it also avoids the argument that the 2018 guy could pay 5k for EAP and get up until 2 months ago all the stuff the new FSD buyer got for less money)

And the "today" one is more expensive net cost for all versions of the Model 3 compared to their at-launch cost other than the P3D+ (which is very slightly cheaper)

I paid $60k w/ EAP and MSM, so net $52.5k w/ the federal tax credit. With no AP and in base color (black then), it would have been $46.5k. It looks like a white AWD with no options (but basic AP) is $48k.

From my research, the MSRP for a LR AWD in 2018 was 53k which didn't include AP. For it to be cheaper than someone picking up a LR AWD today, the 2018 buyer would have had to have gotten the FULL tax credit (taking into account that AP comes standard now).

FSD in 2018 was $8000 total price add over the vehicle itself.

FSD today is...$8000 total price add over the vehicle itself.

Seems fair to me to compare total price on a 2018 FSD car with total price on a today-FSD car.

(it also avoids the argument that the 2018 guy could pay 5k for EAP and get up until 2 months ago all the stuff the new FSD buyer got for less money)

And the "today" one is more expensive net cost for all versions of the Model 3 compared to their at-launch cost other than the P3D+ (which is very slightly cheaper)

Most people get AP, not FSD and it comes standard. Back then, if you wanted AP, you had to pay extra.

Reactions: MagnusMako
From my research, the MSRP for a LR AWD in 2018 was 53k which didn't include AP. For it to be cheaper than someone picking up a LR AWD today, the 2018 buyer would have had to have gotten the FULL tax credit (taking into account that AP comes standard now).
LR AWD was $53k-$55k during 2018. I paid $54k for mine, and the price dropped $1k a week after my delivery.

Tesla should’ve offered the P upgrade back in 2018 when they were issuing $5k refunds to P buyers. At the time, all AWD Model 3s were eligible for the upgrade (all had 980s) and it would’ve offset the refunds.

Personally, I chose the AWD over the P because $11k put the car over my budget, but I would’ve bought a P if the difference was $6k.

As it is now, I’d pay another $3k (in addition to the $2k boost I’ve already purchased) to get to P speed + track mode. Anymore than that doesn’t personally make sense to me, since the car is going to be traded in when the tri-motor cybertruck gets released.

Reactions: omkar and rlb4
Most people get AP, not FSD and it comes standard. Back then, if you wanted AP, you had to pay extra.

Back then there was no AP. There was EAP. Which got you virtually all of todays FSD for 5/8th the price.

Hence why the only fair way to compare without getting into the weeds then to now is comparing with FSD vs with FSD since it's the only apples to apples comparison possible.

Back then there was no AP. There was EAP. Which got you virtually all of todays FSD for 5/8th the price.

Hence why the only fair way to compare without getting into the weeds then to now is comparing with FSD vs with FSD since it's the only apples to apples comparison possible.

Back then they also merged EAP into FSD at the end of Feb 2019, but you could still buy just basic AP after that if you hadn't gotten EAP once basic AP was included in the price of all cars. I would have bought basic AP if the price was within reach but 5k for EAP was not. The fact still stands it would have been cheaper for me to have waited for AP to be included, than only having the option to buy it for 3k the majority of the time since then.

And that's the problem. A user wanting AP in 2018 were forced to purchase EAP on top of the 53-55k MSRP. Today, a person can pay 47k and get AP which is what the majority do. That's about a
10k difference in price.

Last edited: