Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not only can you not get updates from Tesla- you won't be able to get service from them either- since they're not gonna work on a car with no network access and a hacked configuration.

Haven't seen word either way on if this impacts your ability to supercharge- but I'd ask.

And 980 motors only, so mainly 2018 and some minority-percentage of 2019 LR AWDs only are eligible for it.

Can all of you negative Nancy's leave the thread alone. There's already another thread filled with the same stuff. EG already states everything that needs to be said. No updates, warranty/service issues etc... If you don't live in the North East, it's not worth it yadayada yada.

Anyways, I have an appointment on Monday for stage 2 I'll give more info about how it goes once I test it out.

Not only can you not get updates from Tesla- you won't be able to get service from them either- since they're not gonna work on a car with no network access and a hacked configuration.

Haven't seen word either way on if this impacts your ability to supercharge- but I'd ask.

And 980 motors only, so mainly 2018 and some minority-percentage of 2019 LR AWDs only are eligible for it.
Why would it affect supercharging?

been so frustrated that I have the same hardware and dual motors like the Performance version, but have been limited by software to unlock the cars potential.

Incorrect. You’ve been limited by your wallet, not by software. You decided not to purchase a Performance model. That’s a conscious decision - the only frustration should be within.

No comment from me for or against this upgrade - I’m ambivalent about it - but I’m just tired of hearing “it’s only software”.... software’s kinda a big thing.

Can all of you negative Nancy's leave the thread alone. There's already another thread filled with the same stuff. EG already states everything that needs to be said. No updates, warranty/service issues etc... If you don't live in the North East, it's not worth it yadayada yada.

Anyways, I have an appointment on Monday for stage 2 I'll give more info about how it goes once I test it out.

Do you have ability to do measured 0-60 testing? Is your car stock and which wheels?

At the end of the day, whether the cars are the same minus the software is arbitrary when you consider the fact that NONE of us purchased the dual motor car on accident. We measured our needs and wants and moved forward. It just so happens that it CAN go faster if uncorked. I don't possess the hairy pair necessary to risk my warranty or getting blackballed by tesla. no thanks.

Why would it affect supercharging?

Because the car has to communicate with tesla to supercharge. How else could they know what car is charging and who to bill? (or even IF to bill for cars with FUSC)

If their hack locks out all communication with Tesla that might (might, not will) impact the ability to supercharge. The page doesn't say either way. Hence it's probably worth at least asking before you buy this.

Obviously it's something that Tesla could prevent in the future but as of now it doesn't per EG.

Annotation 2020-07-05 131820.png

Obviously it's something that Tesla could prevent in the future but as of now it doesn't per EG.

View attachment 560775

It is not in their control so their answering the question is pointless. If Tesla determines that you jailbroke their software they have the right to prevent you from using their Superchargers. That doesn’t mean they will. But it’s completely up to them.

It is not in their control so their answering the question is pointless. If Tesla determines that you jailbroke their software they have the right to prevent you from using their Superchargers. That doesn’t mean they will. But it’s completely up to them.

It's not pointless. It means that as of right now you can supercharge - this is just informative. And the rest of what you're saying I already covered. Also, they don't even have to restrict you based on whether you jailbroke it or not.

I assume with the Stage 1 dongle thingy, once you install it and activate it, you don't have to do anything else -- it's always "on"? You don't have to activate it each time you get into the car?

Also, does anyone know if the Stage 1 dongle has the ability to be upgraded in the future? (firmware update). For example, if they have better acceleration algorithms, or if they need to tweak something related to security, etc.

EDIT: After reading more of this thread it looks like once it's set up you are good to go and it seems like there's a pathway for future updates. But if my conclusions are wrong, do please point out my errors.

Last edited: