Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see this on the official website. Mine is
father than that one!
View attachment 558526

That one can be tuned to wreck your Model 3 in a heartbeat. Your model 3 can't do better. Which gets to my point. Why are you all so annoying about aftermarket performance upgrades.

You guys sound like the annoying alter of TSLAQ with your excuses and assumptions.

Model 3's are known to be reliable and do not randomly catch on fire like the S and X have. They are designed to be much safer and I doubt they'd "catch on fire" from a spec'd performance boost.

Not only that but the 3P doesn't even hit is apex. There's still power there waiting to be utilized. So I doubt a similarly spec'd car would have any issue matching the 3P's 0-60 3.2.

For Tesla the question is, do they piss off customers and potential FSD revenue or cause problems to people wanting to get more performance out of THEIR car?

So far we haven't heard anything from Tesla. I doubt we wlll. A lot of people are already against corps with "right to repair". I doubt Tesla would want to piss off their own customer base.

• Love
Reactions: Watts 4 Me
That one can be tuned to wreck your Model 3 in a heartbeat. Your model 3 can't do better. Which gets to my point. Why are you all so annoying about aftermarket performance upgrades.

You guys sound like the annoying alter of TSLAQ with your excuses and assumptions.

Model 3's are known to be reliable and do not randomly catch on fire like the S and X have. They are designed to be much safer and I doubt they'd "catch on fire" from a spec'd performance boost.

Not only that but the 3P doesn't even hit is apex. There's still power there waiting to be utilized. So I doubt a similarly spec'd car would have any issue matching the 3P's 0-60 3.2.

For Tesla the question is, do they piss off customers and potential FSD revenue or cause problems to people wanting to get more performance out of THEIR car?

So far we haven't heard anything from Tesla. I doubt we wlll. A lot of people are already against corps with "right to repair". I doubt Tesla would want to piss off their own customer base.

There is a difference between repairing with the same specd part and adding power. Adding power is one sure way to have your powertrain warranty voided. And this is across the board.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
There is a difference between repairing with the same specd part and adding power. Adding power is one sure way to have your powertrain warranty voided. And this is across the board.

yup. there's NO way Tesla (which is already notorious for declining other warranty claims) will swap out a drive-unit or battery under warranty when the customer installed a non-certified powerboost drawing substantially more out of the batteries and increasing performance of motors...

Plus my post was in reference to the ones who say that Tesla will brick the car, etc...

If an independent analyst compared the 3 performance and 2017-2018 LR AWD, and deduced that they are in-fact the same hardware, inverter, motors, etc... then Tesla will be facing a big lawsuit for trying to remove features (supercharging, updates, etc...) for going aftermarket to get similar performance under the guise of "Safety".

Point in case: If those models were different, why did Tesla create an even more different motor model for the newer cars?

How were people able to get their car upgraded to performance during delivery when Tesla goofed up with P buyers getting the LR AWD.

Too many people with their nose in the air in this thread. If it's not for you, then what are you even doing here?

Go to the Tesla Acceleration boost thread if that's what you're into.

Let us, the people who actually got/getting this enjoy a discussion about it without your annoying ass taking up space.

That's if Tesla can prove it was the mod. But even then anyone who wants to get this knows this. No need to beat a dead horse as most people are doing on here.

The only time they have to prove anything is if the mod is unrelated to the part under question. If your master cylinder or A/C broke, then you have a leg to stand on. But anything powertrain related?
Good luck. And if they really want to be bastards, they could blame any mod that involves interfacing with electrical system on any glitches that happen with the computer or failure of an electrical part, PCB etc.

As for beating a dead horse, you did bring up 'right to repair' in your last post.

The only time they have to prove anything is if the mod is unrelated to the part under question. If your master cylinder or A/C broke, then you have a leg to stand on. But anything powertrain related?
Good luck. And if they really want to be bastards, they could blame any mod that involves interfacing with electrical system on any glitches that happen with the computer or failure of an electrical part, PCB etc.

As for beating a dead horse, you did bring up 'right to repair' in your last post.

Right to repair has nothing to do with warranty. It's about post and out of warranty repairs which a lot of companies are not allowing. Philosophically it's about ownership of your device and the features available as promised for the payment of said device even after modification and repairs.

Plus my post was in reference to the ones who say that Tesla will brick the car, etc...

If an independent analyst compared the 3 performance and 2017-2018 LR AWD, and deduced that they are in-fact the same hardware, inverter, motors, etc... then Tesla will be facing a big lawsuit for trying to remove features (supercharging, updates, etc...) for going aftermarket to get similar performance under the guise of "Safety".

Point in case: If those models were different, why did Tesla create an even more different motor model for the newer cars?

How were people able to get their car upgraded to performance during delivery when Tesla goofed up with P buyers getting the LR AWD.

Too many people with their nose in the air in this thread. If it's not for you, then what are you even doing here?

Go to the Tesla Acceleration boost thread if that's what you're into.

Let us, the people who actually got/getting this enjoy a discussion about it without your annoying ass taking up space.

The thread was going well until you showed up with your BS. Do you even own a Tesla?

• Disagree
The thread was going well until you showed up with your BS. Do you even own a Tesla?
I own a 2018 AWD LR. +4.1 Tesla stocks. I'm upgrading it with the stage 2 boost in a few days. I'm 25 and no way was the performance model reachable for me until this mod.

And give me a break this thread has been nothing but hijacked by antagonists towards this mod. Trying to push Tesla's boost which imo was very underwhelming.

I own a 2018 AWD LR. +4.1 Tesla stocks. I'm upgrading it with the stage 2 boost in a few days. I'm 25 and no way was the performance model reachable for me until this mod.

And give me a break this thread has been nothing but hijacked by antagonists towards this mod. Trying to push Tesla's boost which imo was very underwhelming.

Haha, I'm not trying to push Tesla's boost. I even said the stage 1 is a good deal. But it does have the risk of voiding parts of the warranty if found out. Same with the stage 2. And given the age of your car, your powertrain warranty is most likely still intact.

No manufacturer should be expected to accommodate a third party mod. It's a risk you take. Can't always have your cake and eat it too.

Last edited:
Reactions: TyH2009

Tesla sold you a LR AWD with X amount of power. They don't owe you anything else. Yeah, they changed out the motor, so what? Same power as every other LR AWD.

Show me where they promised anyone their car can be flashed to a P?

Those mods are software hack.

So what?

They are not improving anything

So what? Does a mod have to improve something to be legal or legitimized?

but just yanking safe/purchased parameters to unsafe/unpaid levels.

Where is your proof that it's "unsafe"? Are you the judge and jury? The levels quoted are not even beyond P performance so far anyways. Are we writing our own narrative here because of anti-mod bias?

Part of Performance version cost is increased warranty cost for Tesla on power train and battery. This mod is stealing money from Tesla.

If it were stealing money from Tesla, I'm quite sure Tesla would be going after EG, but last I checked with them about it - they haven't whatsoever.

If Tesla won't go legal over it - it will one day make it all non functional.

What? How?

If you are willing to abandon superchargers, warranty and develop all code from the scratch without using any of Tesla code - you should be able to do it legally. Except you might have to abandon use of proprietary patent protected hardware that comes with own requirement for code development that uses it, so make your own MCU...

Most ICE MCUs were hacked for tuning. Everything hackable. But it's possible to make 3rd party chip-tuning business unsustainable for particular vendor. Especially the one that already makes business of own chip-tuning.

So what law's exactly are they breaking by hacking and tuning? I'd love to hear it since you sound like an expert.

Tesla sold you a LR AWD with X amount of power. They don't owe you anything else. Yeah, they changed out the motor, so what? Same power as every other LR AWD.

Show me where they promised anyone their car can be flashed to a P?

No, they still owe me supercharging, FSD features, etc... all that I paid for with the purchase of the car and post via the app.

I wish that the ingenext mod would apply on top of the tesla paid acceleration boost. That way everyone wins and I could keep the warranty.

No, they still owe me supercharging, FSD features, etc... all that I paid for with the purchase of the car and post via the app.

You realize if you're getting L2 EG boost you won't get OTA updates anymore from Tesla, right? Meaning no new features or updates unless you bring it back to EG and pay EG each time for them to piggyback the update over to your vehicle. It's in the description of the "upgrade"

It's also unclear if you'll still be able to supercharge or not if the car can't talk to Tesla.

You realize if you're getting L2 EG boost you won't get OTA updates anymore from Tesla, right? Meaning no new features or updates unless you bring it back to EG and pay EG each time for them to piggyback the update over to your vehicle. It's in the description of the "upgrade"

It's also unclear if you'll still be able to supercharge or not if the car can't talk to Tesla.

I know that. I really only care about the v11 update and urban street turning with fsd. So I don't really care too much for not having the latest updates. Maybe once or twice a year I go up to New Hampshire and get it done. Though they'll probably find a way to remote update it at some point. If supercharging didn't work they would have said so.

That's if Tesla can prove it was the mod. But even then anyone who wants to get this knows this. No need to beat a dead horse as most people are doing on here.

100% incorrect. Tesla does *not* have to prove the uncertified aftermarket power tune caused the driveunit / battery failure. That's not how the consumer protection laws work. once you install aftermarket tunes you are literally on your own. the consumer protection laws work that if you replace an OEM part with a same spec aftermarket part they cannot void your warranty *unless* they can prove the same spec aftermarket part caused the issue. What part of an aftermarket power boost tune is "same spec" or "replacement part" ?

this is no different than truck owners chip tuning their V6 EcoBoost motors in the F150 and then crying foul when the engine blows and Ford (rightfully) denies the powertrain warranty...