Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the ingenext ghost module degrade the battery any quicker than stock? What are the risks of the module other than voiding warranty?

All the module is doing is telling your car it's a P.

So no more risks compared to buying a P other than:

Tesla could disable it at any time via an OTA update and you'd have an expensive brick.

and

Tesla could choose to deny warranty coverage for anything they can reasonable blame the module for since they can easily tell it's there (though to my knowledge there's been no reports of them doing so)

• Informative
Reactions: Mash and Graham J
oh I thought you had the ghost and was thinking how lucky you were to have a 22 with the 980.
I wish! Would then make the P trim obsolete though. Happy with ghost and my 20” prior gen Perf rims/tires going on shortly :)

3547F22F-3CFB-4967-95CF-F9F7CA2AA1CF.jpeg

Reactions: golfpilot
For those wondering the process of updating your Tesla software after installing the Ingenext Boost 50 or Ghost module, I created a video. Super easy, with only 4 steps:

Ingenext software update process:
Step 1: Verify update is verified by Ingenext ( SAFE TESLA UPDATES FOR BOOST 50, BOOST SR, GHOST UPGRADE AND BONUS MOD )
Step 2: Set "Allow Update" in Ingenext App
Step 3: Install Tesla Update as normal
Step 4: Disable "Allow Update" in Ingenext App''

Out of curiosity, I'm about to install my Ghost, and was wondering if there's any updating to do of the ghost module itself before installation. If there is, it doesn't seem to be documented at all.

Thanks!
I never did any update. When I made the purchase it was when they would log in to your laptop. Haven't needed any updates to their module as of yet.

So I just updated my model 3 SR to 2002.8.2.5. Is it safe to install boost SR that just delivered with preexisting 2002.8.2.5 software?
Yes it should be fine, Ingenext has said that updates that fall between “marked safe” versions are also safe. 2022.8.3 is the latest software that is marked safe.

Also, thats assuming you meant 2022.8.2.5 lol - if it is 2002.8.2.5, you might need to get a new Zip disk 😉

So I just updated my model 3 SR to 2002.8.2.5. Is it safe to install boost SR that just delivered with preexisting 2002.8.2.5 software?
One other thing - you should connect your boost sr module to the pc before you install, or in the alternative, a power brick (using the provided usb-a male to usb-a male cable from ingenext)

Once you power it, go to your wifi networks, you should see “ingenext____” the underscore is a series of numbers. Once connected, go to 192.168.0.1 in your browser and access the ingenext app.

If you have the option to turn on fog lights then you have the latest available firmware. If not, shoot me a dm, I can get it to you.

Enjoy the new boost!!!!

Reactions: coolmanfever
One other thing - you should connect your boost sr module to the pc before you install, or in the alternative, a power brick (using the provided usb-a male to usb-a male cable from ingenext)

Once you power it, go to your wifi networks, you should see “ingenext____” the underscore is a series of numbers. Once connected, go to 192.168.0.1 in your browser and access the ingenext app.

If you have the option to turn on fog lights then you have the latest available firmware. If not, shoot me a dm, I can get it to you.

Enjoy the new boost!!!!
Does 2019 model 3 come with physical fog light?

Can you give more details on this? Is there actually a firmware update that gets pushed to the Boost SR module? I can find no information whatsoever about the USB-A connector usage.