Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can certainly remove it- several mentioned doing so back when the maker still falsely claimed it was "undetectable"-- but as I mention they since removed the claim and it's a fact if Tesla wants to know it's there they can easily tell without ever seeing the car so I'm not sure bothering to remove/reinstall with each service visit really buys you anything.

I was wondering the same thing, about the reversibility of the change.
The car goes back to stock when the Boost module is removed
You can certainly remove it- several mentioned doing so back when the maker still falsely claimed it was "undetectable"-- but as I mention they since removed the claim and it's a fact if Tesla wants to know it's there they can easily tell without ever seeing the car so I'm not sure bothering to remove/reinstall with each service visit really buys you anything.
You mentioned this already. Tesla doesn't go looking for these type of modifications during service. It would be evident to Tesla that a device like this is present by observing diagnostic logs and comparing that to the trim of the car and whether additional options were unlocked, if that were pertinent to the issue they are working on. If you're just going in for brake service or a suspension issue, the SC isn't going to be checking for or looking at data for something like this. I'm not sure it's good common sense to leave a removable/reversible mod inside a car to take to a service center for warranty work, or any repair work the mod affects.

Trying to spook people about this mod where they are well aware of the stipulations and possible consequences isn't helpful.

You mentioned this already.

Yes but new people to the thread don't read old posts, and then re-ask old questions that need to be answered again. Such is the nature of forums.

Tesla doesn't go looking for these type of modifications during service.

They have no need to. They can already tell they're there remotely.

I'm not sure it's good common sense to leave a removable/reversible mod inside a car to take to a service center for warranty work

Given Tesla can easily tell it was there either way, unless the work is going to involve the area the mod is in (in which case 100% take it out so they don't damage it by accident), why do you believe removing it would help you in any way?

Trying to spook people about this mod where they are well aware of the stipulations and possible consequences isn't helpful.

Nothing in my post should "spook" anyone other than folks who bought back when the device maker was lying about it being "undetectable" since all I did was point out verifiable facts.

And it's pretty obvious not everyone is "well aware" since they're asking the questions to which I am replying. If they were well aware they wouldn't be asking after all.

Since installing this module my car doesn't appear to go to sleep at home in my garage. Does anyone else notice this?

EDITED: Figured it out. Went to hard reboot thru Ingenext App and saw I had battery preheat enabled. Duh
I made that same mistake - saw the feature and was like oh that is awesome its winter and then woke up and realized I lost about 45 miles in range overnight lol and that my car was on essentially on for over 10 hours Lesson learned lol

Reactions: DoubleDD
so what is the best use case to enable battery preheat?
You know…I’m not really quite sure. I’m guessing it is like a battery warming feature that is a predecessor to the current OEM Tesla feature? I could be completely wrong, but that’s my guess.

I’ve turned it off, and since, I’ve gotten better battery life (nothing stellar, just maybe a few extra miles) I can’t imagine. It being good for the car to be awake all the time.

Now I’m trying to figure out this safety score missing ring, whole other thread on that lol

so what is the best use case to enable battery preheat?
When you are navigating to a DC Fast Charging at a non Supercharger where the Tesla navigation doesn't trigger battery preheating, you can trigger this to ensure the battery is at optimal temps for DCFC. Or if your Supercharger is close enough to you that you don't have time to hit optimal temps, you can activate this on demand a little earlier to alleviate that issue.

When you are navigating to a DC Fast Charging at a non Supercharger where the Tesla navigation doesn't trigger battery preheating, you can trigger this to ensure the battery is at optimal temps for DCFC. Or if your Supercharger is close enough to you that you don't have time to hit optimal temps, you can activate this on demand a little earlier to alleviate that issue.
Yes, that is my thoughts. I was testing it out since I installed it last weekend and forgot to turn it off. Will be perfect for BC Hydro Fast DC chargers when we get access to the CCS adapter, hopefully, this year.