Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone had any luck with the trunk, frunk, and auto driver door features?
Yes, the auto door feature is awesome. Left mine at the default setting of 50. When I walk up to my car the mirror unfolds and the door pops open. Some times just as I'm approaching the door, others times a few steps ahead. Auto frunk and trunk seem tricky but I've had it work. I know the door has to pop open before standing next to the sensor, once your lights flash you need to step away and it should open. Another thing about the auto door opening is your car must be active and not asleep. So it works great for when you're at malls but if you have your car parked in the garage and sentry mode is turned off it will not auto open.

My boost 50 is set to arrive on Monday. I read through the installation manual yesterday and there was no mention of disconnecting the 12v or HV battery under the rear seat but I seem to remember reading the installation manual a while back and disconnecting the HV battery was a step. Is this still required to install the boost 50? Maybe that step is required for the ghost module?

My boost 50 is set to arrive on Monday. I read through the installation manual yesterday and there was no mention of disconnecting the 12v or HV battery under the rear seat but I seem to remember reading the installation manual a while back and disconnecting the HV battery was a step. Is this still required to install the boost 50? Maybe that step is required for the ghost module?
Definitely not in the installation guide for ghost. (I haven't installed it yet)

You do have to tell the car to Power Off.

I just powered down my car from the screen. No issues w install. I would make sure you have the current firmware before you install as it’s a pain to update after install. I have a boost sr, but I think the operating principle is the same here, just dual motor vs rwd.

Have fun in the upside down 🤪 (by far easiest way to install FYI, and even then it’s a pain!!!)

Edit: leave the passenger side door open during install, as you know any door opening or closing will turn car on.

Reactions: rjack1282
Does anybody know if the Boost 50 to Ghost upgrade is just a firmware update or do they ship out a completely different module?

Also for the Ghost upgrade I'm assuming it's very advised to have bigger wheels than 18"?
I think just firmware. I bought the upgrade and nothing has shipped to me. But I have an appointment for them to flash my existing boost 50 module to the ghost. Then I plug it back in and it does the new plug-and-play upgrade to the rear motor, I think…

I'm mildly interested in the electrical aspect of the ghost/boost module. It appears to be TWO obd2 connected modules in a sort of daisy chain between the car's wiring harness and the control computer. I'm surprised they even made it any OBD2 connections at all, instead of one box hardwired into the two harness plugs.

I'm mildly interested in the electrical aspect of the ghost/boost module. It appears to be TWO obd2 connected modules in a sort of daisy chain between the car's wiring harness and the control computer. I'm surprised they even made it any OBD2 connections at all, instead of one box hardwired into the two harness plugs.
This way, the the module can be removed for updating, without removing the harness. Much easier access.

• Informative
Reactions: mrau
I believe it’s two modules now since the nice try module was added in-line after Tesla pushed an “incompatible modification detected error” after an update.

As Stellavator said, it also makes it much easier to update the unit(s) because they are removable from the harness. Having to go into the upside down for each update would be an absolute PITA!

What kind of service?
One was exterior fan noise and one was a glitch with the wireless chargers that they replaced at the front. Both times though, they performed a full diagnostic of all systems for any fault codes etc.

I even have a yoke steering wheel and a front screen and they didn’t say anything 🤷🏽‍♂️

9045B633-C19F-4BE1-BF37-AFCD19797177.jpeg

Calling on all Ghost users. Who has used lap mode? How well does it work? Is it similar as Performance track mode? I seen this available the other day which I think is different than drift mode. Can't find much on it other than the 980 motor is needed.